You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

All this shit coming out about Boris makes me think that we could be nearing the end of this pandemic. They want the new leader to start afresh and Boris can be the fall guy for all the fuck ups. It's no coincidence that these leaks are coming out now.

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

All this shit coming out about Boris makes me think that we could be nearing the end of this pandemic. They want the new leader to start afresh and Boris can be the fall guy for all the fuck ups. It's no coincidence that these leaks are coming out now.

They started well before and we were looking at a really bleak winter, the two, in my mind, aren't linked.

Maybe they're being used to hasten his exit with the Brexit fallout still to come and he was more than happy to be the gurning face of that shitfest.

Nobody is going to want the poisoned chalice at the minute, apart from maybe Truss as she's a fucking imbecile, as the near future looks fucking grim, rising inflation, costs and increasing taxes could lead to real discontent post COVID.

There's a genuine anger in the country and nobody really knows where to direct it as there's so much shit to swallow, but once you remove Johnson and the confirmation bias he necessitates they are fucked as the public will know where to focus the gaze.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They started well before and we were looking at a really bleak winter, the two, in my mind, aren't linked.

Maybe they're being used to hasten his exit with the Brexit fallout still to come and he was more than happy to be the gurning face of that shitfest.

Nobody is going to want the poisened chalice at the minute, apart from maybe Truss as she's a fucking imbecile, as the near future looks fucking grim, rising inflation, costs and increasing taxes could lead to real discontent post COVID.

There's a genuine anger in the country and nobody really knows where to direct it as there's so much shit to swallow, but once you remove Johnson and the confirmation bias he necessitates they are fucked as the public will know where to focus the gaze.

I'd say the wheels are in motion, they are slowly lubing the public up with these leaks and then when the time is right, a scandal that will make his position untenable will be released but we aren't quite at that stage yet but it's getting closer.

16 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'd say the wheels are in motion, they are slowly lubing the public up with these leaks and then when the time is right, a scandal that will make his position untenable will be released but we aren't quite at that stage yet but it's getting closer.

Oh, I agree this is very delibrate, I just don't think COVID is the reason for it solely.

It's just everything at this point, they can't hand wave away anymore when he besmirches 'The Brand' again.

He's still popular, stageringly, with some of those he took over to the dark side, but the traditional and core are embarrassed by him now in significant enough numbers to make a few nervous about their gravy train seats.

He's become toxic to them, though he's been toxic all along, they just turned a blind eye to it when he was a winner.

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, I agree this is very delibrate, I just don't think COVID is the reason for it solely.

It's just everything at this point, they can't hand wave away anymore when he besmirches 'The Brand' again.

He's popular, stageringly, with some of those he took over to the dark side, but the traditional and core are embarrassed by him now in significant enough numbers to make a few nervous about their gravy train seats.

He's become toxic to them, though he's been toxic all along, they just turned a blind eye to it when he was a winner.

He was always going to be the sacrificial lamb. The arrogant cunt is too thick to have realised that. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He's still popular, stageringly, with some of those he took over to the dark side, but the traditional and core are embarrassed by him now in significant enough numbers to make a few nervous about their gravy train seats.

Agreed. Getting through Brexit was the original plan but covid put a large Bruce (Spanner) in the works. So they got two massive fuck ups for the price of one, he'll take the blame for both.

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He was always going to be the sacrificial lamb. The arrogant cunt is too thick to have realised that. 

Nah, if ikle Matt hadn't got handsy with that strumpet he'd be the first and last interviewed during the inquiry and Alex would live to lie another day.

This isn't about COVID though, this is personal as people have been sat on this for the best part of eighteen months just waiting, maybe with Johnson fully aware. At any point people could break ranks, but they aren't, that's the bigger riddle, why would nobody, even off the record, say something of confirm them. This is a conscious and delibrate to inflict as much harm over a prolonged period. If the country wasn't in such a fucking hole because of these cunts I'd be enjoying the hubris and nemesis of it all.

Is it Sunak, I doubt it he's too smart to know that this isn't a teneble position that he can win over with a smile as he brings taxes to the highest level in generations as real term cuts and costs kick in. Truss isn't smart enough to even consider this set up and she's being touted by the old befuddled guard, who again this is beyond. Rabb hasn't got the nerve as likelihood is he's out with a new leader. Gove, perhaps, but why when he doesn't really stand to gain much as he's unelecteble beyond the party more 'challenged' fringes. 

Which leaves it as personal/business and it being a set up to ruin him personally and professionally.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nah, if ikle Matt hadn't got handsy with that strumpet he'd be the first and last interviewed during the inquiry and Alex would live to lie another day.

This isn't about COVID though, this is persobnal as people have been sat on this for the best part of eighteen months just waiting, maybe with Johnson fully aware.

Is it Sunak, I doubt it he's too smart to know that this isn't a teneble position that he can win over with a smile as he brings taxes to the highest level in generations as real term cuts and costs kick in. Truss isn't smart enough to even consider this set up and she's being touted by the old befuddled guard, who again this is beyond. Rabb hasn't got the nerve as likelihood is he's out with a new leader. Gove, perhaps, but why when he doesn't really stand to gain much as he's unelecteble beyond the party more 'challenged' fringes. 

Which leaves it as personal/business and it being a set up to ruin him personally and professionally.

I think he was before covid. It all seemed set up to let him win the GE then fuck him off once brexit went tits up. 

Goves ex Sarah Vine did a scathing attack on the government yesteday in her mail article, not sure how close she still is to Gove but he's snakey enough to be behind all this. Bum chums with Cummings as well. 

My biggest worry is that once the cunt is gone, whoever replaces him is going to be even worse and far more evil. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I think he was before covid. It all seemed set up to let him win the GE then fuck him off once brexit went tits up. 

Goves ex Sarah Vine did a scathing attack on the government yesteday in her mail article, not sure how close she still is to Gove but he's snakey enough to be behind all this. Bum chums with Cummings as well. 

My biggest worry is that once the cunt is gone, whoever replaces him is going to be even worse and far more evil. 

I can see Cummings and Gove loving sticking the knife in, but for Gove I don't see an upside unless it's straight revenge.

If it's Truss Labour win with a, slim, majority in a GE.

She'd be the best thing to happen to Labour in a generation.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I can see Cummings and Gove loving sticking the knife in, but for Gove I don't see an upside unless it's straight revenge.

If it's Truss Labour win with a, slim, majority in a GE.

She'd be the best thing to happen to Labour in a generation.

We're fucked. 

Serbian PM speaking sense 

Novak Djokovic: Up to tennis star to explain PCR grey area, says Serbia PM https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59958662

He’s a gobshite if he’s knowingly gone out mingling knowing he had covid after a positive test result. He’s a gobshite if he’s lied about having a positive result to be allowed into Australia. Either way, he is a massive gobshite 

An intensive care doctor today said every critically ill coronavirus-infected patient currently being treated at his hospital is unvaccinated.

Dr David Hepburn said there are now no vaccinated Covid patients in critical care at Grange University Hospital in Cwmbran, South Wales.

But, the claims the hospital 'isnt representative' or the 'stats are false' are already spouted by the anti vax mob.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10390747/Doctor-reveals-critically-ill-Covid-patient-treated-hospital-unvaccinated.html

In other news:

The UK is the closest of any northern hemisphere country to exiting the Covid pandemic, an expert has said.

Prof David Heymann, of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, suggested in a Chatham House online briefing that the UK was seeing the virus become endemic.

He said: "In general now, the countries that we know best in the northern hemisphere have varying stages of the pandemic. And probably in the UK, it's the closest to any country of being out of the pandemic – if it isn't already out of the pandemic – and having the disease as endemic as the other four coronaviruses."

It comes after Nadhim Zahawi, the Education Secretary, called for the UK to show the world how to move from pandemic to endemic.

"I hope we will be one of the first major economies to demonstrate to the world how you transition from pandemic to endemic, and then deal with this however long it remains with us, whether that’s five, six, seven, 10 years," said Mr Zahawi.

Prof Heymann, a former World Health Organisation (WHO) assistant director general for health security and environment, said population immunity was already high.

He added: "That means immunity against serious illness and death after infection if one is vaccinated, or after re-infection if one has had illness before. And that population immunity seems to be keeping the virus and its variants at bay, not causing serious illness or death in countries where population immunity is high.

"I looked at the most recent ONS [Office for National Statistics] report on population immunity, and they estimated about 95 per cent of the population in England and a little less than in other parts of the United Kingdom do have antibody to infection either from vaccination or from natural infection.

"And that, as I said, is keeping the virus at bay. And it's now functioning more like an endemic coronavirus than one that is a pandemic."

Prof Heymann said many people who were getting seriously ill had not had a previous infection and had not been vaccinated.

Asked whether the Covid pandemic is over globally, he said that would not be declared "until all countries have completed what they need to do to make this virus more tame and to become endemic".

The European arm of the WHO said the omicron variant represented a "new tidal wave" for Europe as forecasts suggested more than 50 per cent of people would be infected over the next six to eight weeks.

Dr Hans Henri Kluge, the WHO regional director for Europe, said people should be doing "everything possible not to get infected in the first place."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/uk-closer-northern-hemisphere-country-end-covid-pandemic/

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

From having covid if he's had it in December like he said. One solution could be an antibody test too to see what's going on there. Why that hasn't been done already no idea.

Oh fucking behave. An anti body test. Just for a tennis player? Getting into most foreign countries is a fucking nightmare. They'll send you home for bringing in a packet of sausage rolls. Even if their rules are stupid, they're their rules. So if you try to side step them and get caught, don't be surprised to get fucked off. 

Or just make it easy and don't be a massive anti-vaxx twat. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This isn't about COVID though, this is personal as people have been sat on this for the best part of eighteen months just waiting, maybe with Johnson fully aware. At any point people could break ranks, but they aren't, that's the bigger riddle, why would nobody, even off the record, say something of confirm them. This is a conscious and delibrate to inflict as much harm over a prolonged period. If the country wasn't in such a fucking hole because of these cunts I'd be enjoying the hubris and nemesis of it all.

It has to be something to do with Cummings. The end of last week he was on his blog saying something like "don't be worried about the 15th may, that really was fuck all. You want to look at the 20th may, that was a party" and then surprise, surprise itv get hold of the invitation. So if we consider Cummings was working at no 10 still back then and 100 people were invited, it would seem unlikely he wasn't invited. 

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Oh fucking behave. An anti body test. Just for a tennis player? Getting into most foreign countries is a fucking nightmare. They'll send you home for bringing in a packet of sausage rolls. Even if their rules are stupid, they're their rules. So if you try to side step them and get caught, don't be surprised to get fucked off. 

Or just make it easy and don't be a massive anti-vaxx twat.

An antibody test could've quickly resolved the drama.

Give your head a Womble.

Try smuggling in quorn sausage rolls instead.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

An antibody test could've quickly resolved the drama.

Give your head a Womble.

Try smuggling in quorn sausage rolls instead.

Why would they do that for him. Should they do it for everyone? Or how about you check out the rules of where you want to visit, either adhere to them or choose to not travel? Nobody has a devine right to get into any country, but this fella thinks because he hits a tennis ball, he somehow doesn't have to play by the rules. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why would they do that for him. Should they do it for everyone? Or how about you check out the rules of where you want to visit, either adhere to them or choose to not travel? Nobody has a devine right to get into any country, but this fella thinks because he hits a tennis ball, he somehow doesn't have to play by the rules. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Great Uncle Serbia? Nah it doesn’t work 

I really can't be bothered arguing, we disagree on the rules the Aussie gov has and he'll either stay and play or get thrown out of the country. Probably won't be long until we find out either way.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I really can't be bothered arguing, we disagree on the rules the Aussie gov has and he'll either stay and play or get thrown out of the country. Probably won't be long until we find out either way.

I think you missed my shit joke. 

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

No. It doesn't. 

Johns Hopkins Research on Natural Immunity for COVID-19 and COVID Vaccines

Johns Hopkins has conducted a large study on natural immunity that shows antibody levels against COVID-19 coronavirus stay higher for a longer time in people who were infected by the virus and then were fully vaccinated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccines compared with those who only got immunized. (The results of the study were published in a letter to the Journal of the American Medical Association on Nov. 1, 2021.)

The data show that one month after they got their second shot, participants who had had COVID-19 more than 90 days before their first shot had adjusted antibody levels higher than those who had been exposed to the coronavirus more recently than 90 days. Three months after the second coronavirus vaccine, the antibody levels were even higher: 13% higher than those who were exposed to the virus less than or equal to the 90-day mark.

These study results suggest that natural immunity may increase the protection of the shots when there is a longer time period between having COVID-19 and getting vaccinated.

Published on November 23, 2021

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19

Jaw-Dropping Academic Study Shows Natural Immunity Superior to COVID Vaccine

https://www.swfinstitute.org/news/88036/jaw-dropping-academic-study-shows-natural-immunity-superior-to-covid-vaccine

When it is scientifically proven that a cold can offer cross-immunity against Covid, what makes you think that Covid itself cannot?