You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 27/11/2021 at 18:12, Rico1304 said:

Yes, working hard to improve a vaccine and making it available to everyone for free is EXACTLY what a facist regime would do.  Page 7 of the playbook.  

Ha ha. I think there is a strong inverse correlation between how facist a government is and how easy it is to call them facists on Internet forums without fear of retribution. 

I've no idea what's going on with my Covid pass. When I got my booster, I got the pass, with an expiry date of 15th January. I saved this to my phone, to save time if I needed to show it to anyone.

I then reported a positive LFT on Boxing Day and got an email to tell me to isolate until 5th January. At that time, if I accessed my Covid pass through the NHS app, it was telling me to isolate until the 5th, but the pass I'd saved to my phone was still good. I then reported a positive PCR test (just to confirm the LFT) and got another email telling me to isolate until the 7th January. My Covid pass (on the NHS app) still said the 5th. As recommended, I took LFTs on day 6 and day 7, to see if I could get time off for good behaviour. These were both still positive. Since my isolation period ended (on the 5th) I've taken two LFTs, both negative. I reported all of these results, but I now find, when I go through the NHS app, I'm being told to isolate until the 12th (i.e. ten days from my Day Six LFT), despite the fact that I'm obviously clear of Covid. Fortunately, I can still use the pass saved to my phone to get into places (like Anfield yesterday), because that particular flaw in the system cancels out the flaw that is telling me to isolate.

When my pass expires on the 15th, it should automatically renew; but the system's fucked, so who knows what will happen?

Two morals from this story.

1. If you're awarding multi-billion pound Government contracts which have life-or-death impacts, don't just dole them out to your mates.

2.  If you're self-isolating and you take an LFT to try to get out early, don't bother reporting a positive result.

54 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've no idea what's going on with my Covid pass. When I got my booster, I got the pass, with an expiry date of 15th January. I saved this to my phone, to save time if I needed to show it to anyone.

I then reported a positive LFT on Boxing Day and got an email to tell me to isolate until 5th January. At that time, if I accessed my Covid pass through the NHS app, it was telling me to isolate until the 5th, but the pass I'd saved to my phone was still good. I then reported a positive PCR test (just to confirm the LFT) and got another email telling me to isolate until the 7th January. My Covid pass (on the NHS app) still said the 5th. As recommended, I took LFTs on day 6 and day 7, to see if I could get time off for good behaviour. These were both still positive. Since my isolation period ended (on the 5th) I've taken two LFTs, both negative. I reported all of these results, but I now find, when I go through the NHS app, I'm being told to isolate until the 12th (i.e. ten days from my Day Six LFT), despite the fact that I'm obviously clear of Covid. Fortunately, I can still use the pass saved to my phone to get into places (like Anfield yesterday), because that particular flaw in the system cancels out the flaw that is telling me to isolate.

When my pass expires on the 15th, it should automatically renew; but the system's fucked, so who knows what will happen?

1. If you're awarding multi-billion pound Government contracts which have life-or-death impacts, don't just dole them out to your mates.

2.  If you're self-isolating and you take an LFT to try to get out early, don't bother reporting a positive result.

Funnily enough when I was testing over Xmas, this thought went through my head when I also tested positive on day 6. I did not register it based on point 1! What I have learnt through this pandemic, is sadly you tell and provide as little data as is legally required, because the government will fuck it up for you. That fucking shit ping app was another thing I binned. 

• Upvote 1

I was awake past 3am last night watching a proper shit programme about Edward III invading France during the 100 Years War. 

Sad knobheads dressing up in Medieval costumes pretending to sword fight. And I still couldn’t fall asleep. I hate them all. We wouldn’t be going through this Covid bollocks now if the French weren’t so fucking stupid during the battle of Crecy. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

7 day case numbers have stabilised now. Thank fuck. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets. 

I've heard it suggested (by someone who understands epidemiology and statistics better than I do) that when the numbers stop rising, they'll start falling just as steeply. I fucking hope so.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

7 day case numbers have stabilised now. Thank fuck. Hopefully that's as bad as it gets. 

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've heard it suggested (by someone who understands epidemiology and statistics better than I do) that when the numbers stop rising, they'll start falling just as steeply. I fucking hope so.

Fingers crossed lads 

I think almost everyone who hasn’t had Covid before is gonna get their turn with this Omicron variant. I also think that’s probably for the best, but that’s easier for me to say now because I’ve had it. 

It’s too transmissible and clearly much, much weaker. I had a pretty shite couple of days, mainly with the banging headache, but I’m feeling better now even though I’m still testing positive. I’ve been speaking to a couple of other boys from here on WhatsApp that are also positive and isolating. It’s mild and they’re getting it out of the way. 

Compare that to the horrific experiences some of you had with the earlier variants. Hospitalisation, near death, blood clots, Long Covid, family & friends dying. It’s like a different virus. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Seems to be what happened in SA, isn't it? And what's currently happening post-peak in London.

• Upvote 1

I think we can assume he had no idea:

The Supreme Court on Monday issued a revised transcript of oral arguments over a Biden administration vaccine rule that clarified a statement Justice Neil Gorsuch made about the number of annual flu deaths.

The original, uncorrected transcript quotes Gorsuch as saying he believes the flu kills “hundreds of thousands of people every year.”

This erroneous transcription prompted legions of tweets and at least one media report that tut-tutted Gorsuch and pointed out the actual number of annual flu deaths, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate, is between 12,000 and 52,000 — well below the hundreds of thousands the conservative justice purportedly cited.

On Monday, however, the Supreme Court’s press office issued a corrected transcript showing that Gorsuch actually said he believes the flu kills “hundreds, thousands of people every year.”

39 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think we can assume he had no idea:

The Supreme Court on Monday issued a revised transcript of oral arguments over a Biden administration vaccine rule that clarified a statement Justice Neil Gorsuch made about the number of annual flu deaths.

The original, uncorrected transcript quotes Gorsuch as saying he believes the flu kills “hundreds of thousands of people every year.”

This erroneous transcription prompted legions of tweets and at least one media report that tut-tutted Gorsuch and pointed out the actual number of annual flu deaths, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate, is between 12,000 and 52,000 — well below the hundreds of thousands the conservative justice purportedly cited.

On Monday, however, the Supreme Court’s press office issued a corrected transcript showing that Gorsuch actually said he believes the flu kills “hundreds, thousands of people every year.”

Sotomayor too, a bit scary to think how clueless they are :

Sotomayor also came under fire for claiming during the hearing there are now “over 100,000 children” who are “in serious condition and many on ventilators” due to Covid-19, a claim the Washington Post ruled was “wildly incorrect” and “absurdly high.”

Though the omicron coronavirus variant has led to record hospitalizations among children, they’re not as high as Sotomayor claimed: According to the CDC, there have only been 84,582 total Covid-19 hospital admissions among those ages 17 years and younger since August 2020, and the Department of Health & Human Services reports there were only approximately 5,000 children hospitalized with Covid-19 as of Saturday.

18 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So you went out when you had tested positive?