You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

From the same article: "Gideon Meyerowitz-Katz, an epidemiologist at the University of Wollongong in Australia, told MailOnline his 'very rough best guess' was that triple-jabbed people were at the same risk from Omicron as they are from the flu. 'Add the new medications into the mix and it gets even more complex,' he added."

Also love the sting in the tail at the very end: "But nowhere near as many people are tested for the flu compared to Covid, which has seen more than 2million Brits get themselves swabbed each day."

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Aaah 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10358361/Omicron-nearly-100-TIMES-deadly-seasonal-flu-scientists-believe.html

It’s the details in particular the ‘experts’ part that might help us here 

72509EEE-C0B3-408D-8FD0-FB62F0E1777E.png

C30E5FEA-321E-4B68-9E51-33D94ACA77F1.png

09B9FFB4-BCB2-4DF3-8979-6FACE898EB7E.png

"Bugger! He has got Google, dammit!"

Stronts, 2022

End mass jabs and live with Covid, says ex-head of vaccine taskforce

Dr Clive Dix says we should treat the virus like flu

Covid should be treated as an endemic virus similar to flu, and ministers should end mass-vaccination after the booster campaign, the former chairman of the UK’s vaccine taskforce has said.

With health chiefs and senior Tories also lobbying for a post-pandemic plan for a straining NHS, Dr Clive Dix called for a major rethink of the UK’s Covid strategy, in effect reversing the approach of the past two years and returning to a “new normality”.

“We need to analyse whether we use the current booster campaign to ensure the vulnerable are protected, if this is seen to be necessary,” he said. “Mass population-based vaccination in the UK should now end.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/08/end-mass-jabs-and-live-with-covid-says-ex-head-of-vaccine-taskforce

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Hah, nobody knows what to say. 

This is everywhere, too - Guardian, BBC, Daily Mail, Observer. 

The WHO have been saying similar for awhile. Boosters and first shots for the healthy and kids shouldn't be given while whole parts of the world have nothing. A guy from AZ said this week its untenable to keep boostering ordinary folk. Hopefully the end is near.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

The WHO have been saying similar for awhile. Boosters and first shots for the healthy and kids shouldn't be given while whole parts of the world have nothing. A guy from AZ said this week its untenable to keep boostering ordinary folk. Hopefully the end is near.

Does that mean I'm still in QAnon? It's all so confusing. 

So if there is less hospitalisation and this leads to less strain on the health service. Surely time to use less stick and revisit the suspension of health care workers. Also worth looking at alternatives and implementing a plan -- so if unvaccinated people get ill we can identify them at an earlier stage and give prescribed drugs that could limit their symptoms. An example is the unvaccinated get tested every other day and can go about their business, if they test positive then we prescribe these new medications that prevent serious issues.

I'm triple jabbed 33 and fortunate enough not to see a doctor since I tried to blag a day off school well over 20 years  ago -- took the jab as I understand risk to others and myself. I think we have reached a stage now we are doing long-term damage with this zero-sum approach to vaccination v unvaccinated and worried if we continue down this path we are going to create a generation of people who don't vaccinate their kids. Public Health should be more about changing behaviour than punishment. Saying that I think some of the grifters and charlatans who have deliberately published information deserve severe punishment.

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm sure they'll be giving him shit eventually for some reason.

It is hilarious that the very people who spend all day screaming about ‘Big Pharma’ are now all like “hey, man, look what this guy said, spot on” and preparing to defend a man who is the living embodiment of Big Pharma. 

1D363A79-75C9-4D32-A9E0-CBEDFA2E0D2F.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

It is hilarious that the very people who spend all day screaming about ‘Big Pharma’ are now all like “hey, man, look what this guy said, spot on” and preparing to defend a man who is the living embodiment of Big Pharma. 

I'm not saying he has to be right, I agree with him though.

There's also the chair of the JCVI who said this recently that's not that different (No2 referred to him a few posts back) :

A leading expert who helped create the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine said Tuesday that giving everyone in the world booster shots multiple times a year is not feasible.

"We can't vaccinate the planet every four to six months. It's not sustainable or affordable," Professor Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group and head of the UK's Committee on Vaccination and Immunization, told The Daily Telegraph in an interview published Tuesday.

Pollard also stressed the "need to target the vulnerable" going forward, rather than administering doses to everyone age 12 and older. More data is needed to ascertain "whether, when and how often those who are vulnerable will need additional doses," he said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/health/andrew-pollard-booster-vaccines-feasibility-intl/index.html

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm not saying he has to be right, I agree with him though.

There's also the head of the JCVI who said this recently that's not that different :

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/health/andrew-pollard-booster-vaccines-feasibility-intl/index.html

I’ve no idea if he’s right or not, I’m sceptical of anyone saying with any kind of certainty how this will go over the next year or so.

My point was if he had said, for example, people needed a fourth and fifth dose of vaccine you would have been straight on here posting his bio and talking about Big Pharma, but instead you’re saying ‘we’ll’ eventually be giving him shit ‘for some reason’. 

Hopefully this prediction ages better than his last one that Covid wouldn’t be circulating by August. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/08/clive-dix-claims-covid-not-in-uk-by-august-vaccine

Anyway I’m off to watch the match now so I’ll let you all crack on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Does that mean I'm still in QAnon? It's all so confusing. 

You will move on to the next thing, Red Phoenix will fill you in due course. Iceman is fucked though, when everyone else has moved on he will be on a street corner with a bible quote painted on to a bread board.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve no idea if he’s right or not, I’m sceptical of anyone saying with any kind of certainty how this will go over the next year or so.

My point was if he had said, for example, people needed a fourth and fifth dose of vaccine you would have been straight on here posting his bio and talking about Big Pharma, but instead you’re saying ‘we’ll’ eventually be giving him shit ‘for some reason’. 

Hopefully this prediction ages better than his last one that Covid wouldn’t be circulating by August. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/08/clive-dix-claims-covid-not-in-uk-by-august-vaccine

Anyway I’m off to watch the match now so I’ll let you all crack on. 

I'm also sceptical mainly because I'm sure vaccine makers would prefer profits to roll in and might have other ideas (and there's also the chance of worse variants.) I probably would've pointed out his past if he was saying we need more doses too. Agreed that his August prediction was a mad one and also hope this one is better.