You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I don't remember Big Pharma even featuring much in the conversation until the vaccine hesitancy became a real issue. It was all about government control, China, behaviour modification and population reduction at first, then it was vaccine nationalism, soft power etc, and only then it became all about Big Pharma. Big Pharma being Pfizer.

The goalposts will always be shifted.

The same people were extolling Ivermectin so much you would think it was made by 'Mom and Pop Family Friendly Pharmacy' rather than Merck.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I think that's about the amount of time remaining until we get one that works, yes.

From 12 week gaps to immunity waning after 10 weeks.  

I'm guessing this advice has been updated.

You were a cunt hair away from not being hypnotized.  Now you're voting for compulsory jabs.

Good question.  A few hours?  A day?  A week?  A month?  A year? 5-10 years?

Aged well. 

Ditto.

pingu-tongue-out.gif

The majority of what you've quoted still stands. 

Now, get back to your loon thread, PureLoon. 

A little background on Dr. Martenson for those who are not yet hypnotized:

This is at the very beginning - Feb 2020

Little-known YouTube accounts are trying to capitalize off fears about the coronavirus to gain viral clout—and for some, it’s paying off.

Video creators are cranking out content that, in many cases, spreads alarm, unsubstantiated claims, scams, and sometimes outright disinformation. And a lot of them are trying to make money off of it.

While YouTube seems to have adjusted it's algorithms to prioritize content from authoritative sources and stifle the reach and virality of videos from other creators, a handful of them are still seeping through the cracks and spreading widely on the platform or other social media sites.

One popular series on the virus is produced by a personal finance guru with a history of pushing economic theories about peak oil and other resource crunches, but who has recently rebranded as a pandemic expert as news coverage of the virus has exploded.

“I’m here with a really important message about the coronavirus,” Chris Martenson, one of the founders of the financial website Peak Prosperity, says at the beginning of a video entitled “Coronavirus Is Worse Than You’ve Been Told: Scientist Explains.”

“Unfortunately if you’ve been reading the news you’ve either been under-informed or misinformed about what this virus really is. It’s a very serious thing,” he continues. “To get more updates, please come by [my website]. We have a place for subscribers who want to go a little deeper and get some good advice about what they can do.”

Until he started making coronavirus videos a few days ago, Martenson’s videos nearly exclusively focused on finance. His second video on the outbreak—“Coronavirus Is Worse Than You’ve Been Told: Scientist Explains”—accrued over 700,000 views, a massive spike from his usual view counts, which hovered in the thousands and low tens of thousands.

In the four days since that video’s release, Martenson has uploaded six other coronavirus videos that, together, have amassed over a million views. A social media analytics website, Social Blade, shows a spike in new subscribers—in a radical jump from his normal rate, he earned over 12,000 in the past week. 

• Upvote 1

Omicron is the first time I've lost confidence in the information being presented. With so many moving parts, people often get things wrong, but it's been well intentioned incompetence for the most part. The way that "75,000 dead by April" headline was banded around was an active departure from that, though, and is going to make me very suspicious when a new variant inevitably emerges.

On 19/10/2020 at 09:44, TheHowieLama said:

I said months ago that the vaccine would be normalization and indifference. That is pretty much where we are - the public have accepted certain death rates. Think I posted anything under 1000 a day in the US and 200 a day in the UK will gladly be accepted by the gubmints, and I think they will knowingly fudge any numbers needed to keep it in that zone.

People have stopped listening.

@Kevin D on the bold - agreed.

The average numbers now are @ 1300 in the US and 180 in the UK. The states flirted with 2k for a couple weeks in September otherwise these are death rates you have to go back 10 or 11 months to exceed.

1 minute ago, Fugitive said:

It has got me. Bad headache, sweating like Prince Andrew when he is private and weaker than a prisoner on hunger strike. Got a bottle of aberfeldy Whisky, a few beers and and a duvet on the couch.

I'm no expert but drinking when you're unwell is a terrible idea.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Omicron is the first time I've lost confidence in the information being presented. With so many moving parts, people often get things wrong, but it's been well intentioned incompetence for the most part. The way that "75,000 dead by April" headline was banded around was an active departure from that, though, and is going to make me very suspicious when a new variant inevitably emerges.

Same with me, I was all for the vax then this Omicron came about that was obviously less dangerous than the other variants but Boris is popping up saying the booster is the only way to protect yourself from omicron, or Tony Blair in the news saying be prepared to get jab number 4 before next winter hits I started thinking they are taking the piss. 

I think the breaking point for me came when somebody pointed out the number and average age of omicron deaths vs number and average age of suicides over the same period and suicides was 40x higher, and average age about 50 years younger than omicron. 

Suicides don't make as much money though so nobody cares.

I don't trust the government, I don't trust pharmaceutical companies, and I don't trust the media, but I'm supposed to put all that aside and pretend that this time they have my best interests at heart. 

Apparently there's 4 coronaviruses that cause the common cold, if they discovered a fifth which was harmless they'd probably tell us it's a covid-19 variant and we need an extra booster. 

• Upvote 1