You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't help thinking I'm largely to blame for this. I got a PCR kit through the post, but the plastic vial of fluid was missing. I phoned up and got a second kit, which I completed and returned. Two days later, I found the vial from the first kit; I'd dropped it and it had rolled under the couch.

That's where your £37 billion went; under my couch.

When we got ours delivered before Christmas one of them had the swab missing.

Each kit should have more than one in case you fuck it up and contaminate one by touching your tongue with it or something. 

13 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I had it over Christmas and completely lost sense of smell/taste- anyone else had that and how long was it until it returned? 

Nope wasn’t me but my missus lost it when we both first had it October 2020. It’s still not fully back, her taste is pretty much back but she says not as strong but her smell is still nowhere near back. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't dounbt any of these quotes from clinicians, but it's been like this every winter for years. The capacity has been so tight to the demand, and a bad winter saw hospitals announcing emergency measures regularly. With the staff absences things are no doubt even harder. 

It does seem that the numbers in London are starting to fall quite rapidly, and hopefully this pattern is repeated across the country and the pressures are reduced quite quickly.

I tried to PM you yesterday but it wasn't working.

I would like to apologise to you for how I spoke to you earlier in the pandemic.

It was out of order, and I'm sorry.

We had different views but I shouldn't have spoken to you that way. 

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nope wasn’t me but my missus lost it when we both first had it October 2020. It’s still not fully back, her taste is pretty much back but she says not as strong but her smell is still nowhere near back. 

Tremendous

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

I had it over Christmas and completely lost sense of smell/taste- anyone else had that and how long was it until it returned? 

lost mine about 4 or 5 days in from the positive test, came back within 2-3 weeks.

The one thing I did notice was that even though the taste and smell came back some stuff smelt and tasted different for a while longer, I had problems with anything strongly acidic like vinegar tasting/smelling horrible while other things were more muted.

• Upvote 1

Go 'ed Macron, lad. 

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/frances-macron-rules-out-new-covid-19-curbs-ahead-wednesday-meeting-2022-01-04/

On another note, all these critical incidents in hospitals, bins not getting collected, trains getting cancelled etc etc go to show that many people were correct in predicting that just letting the virus rip through society from the outset would've also brought the country to a massive standstill, probably with more deaths. The implication that people who worked in the NHS, transport and public services etc wouldn't get ill and services could've just operated as normal was one of the zaniest trains of thought ever. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Go 'ed Macron, lad. 

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/frances-macron-rules-out-new-covid-19-curbs-ahead-wednesday-meeting-2022-01-04/

On another note, all these critical incidents in hospitals, bins not getting collected, trains getting cancelled etc etc go to show that many people were correct in predicting that just letting the virus rip through society from the outset would've also brought the country to a massive standstill, probably with more deaths. The implication that people who worked in the NHS, transport and public services etc wouldn't get ill and services could've just operated as normal was one of the zaniest trains of thought ever. 

especially when they wouldn't provide the NHS workers with any means of protecting themselves. 

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

lost mine about 4 or 5 days in from the positive test, came back within 2-3 weeks.

The one thing I did notice was that even though the taste and smell came back some stuff smelt and tasted different for a while longer, I had problems with anything strongly acidic like vinegar tasting/smelling horrible while other things were more muted.

Lost mine about 4 days in also. Its so strange, I even miss bad smells!  

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Well Im like a fucking pin cushion now. Old girl badgered me into getting the flu jab else no kippers for tea! That's 2 covid jabs plus booster and a flu jab. Havent had so many since 2nd year at Secondary school!

I bet you've had a few pricks in your time

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well Im like a fucking pin cushion now. Old girl badgered me into getting the flu jab else no kippers for tea! That's 2 covid jabs plus booster and a flu jab. Havent had so many since 2nd year at Secondary school!

Is that a euphemism?

• Upvote 1

On 02/01/2022 at 16:02, Sugar Ape said:

He’s a contender for best name of the pandemic but Dr Lance Turtle is still number one for me. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/experts-verdict-omicron-vaccines-amid-22369840.amp

EC7FDB97-4500-49EC-A4CE-4853C6A509AD.png

Who the fuck gets called Lance these days, I mean fair enough in medieval times i know people were called Lance a lot!

• Upvote 1