You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Yep. It's all been completely fine too. Only the vulnerable were focused with ad/media campaigns and since then life has fully returned to normal.

And are people kicking down your door trying to make you take it or are you currently in hiding?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

And are people kicking down your door trying to make you take it or are you currently in hiding?

It doesn't take some type of mystical intelligence to work out that things might not be so good for unvaxxed if things carry on like they have been doing. I'm sure we all know that.

We can deal with imagined threats at a later date. I was trying to establish what the actual mandates placed upon you (as someone who presumably doesn't work in the health care/medical/scientific field where mandated vaccines have been part of life for years and years) were.

So far there seems to be none beyond having to take a, self reported, lateral flow test to go to the pub, cinema or football none of which you do (?)

33 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

you just willingly ignore it because it doesn't suit the narrative or flounce off for a few days and then come back to repeat the same bullshit as if we've all got collective amnesia.

The intent isn't to flounce off for a few days, I try to cut down on posting but there's so much constant shit that brings me back. Remember I got back here this time after people were going on at me because of some loons attacking some vaccine place.

I am shit at posting less too and I've been trying to since crimbo.

GRID for the PS3 has arrived though and a good old racing game can keep me occupied for a while at least.

It's now a NEW YEARS RESOLUTION TO POST LESS.

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We can deal with imagined threats at a later date. I was trying to establish what the actual mandates placed upon you (as someone who presumably doesn't work in the health care/medical/scientific field where mandated vaccines have been part of life for years and years) were.

So far there seems to be none beyond having to take a, self reported, lateral flow test to go to the pub, cinema or football none of which you do (?)

I can't post less when you're doing this.

And yes, just sit back while restrictions don't currently affect me much, deal with all of the "running out of patience with unvaccinated" stuff and the "what to do about the unvaccinated?" stuff too, also the mandates and passes imposed on so many in other countries like it couldn't possibly happen here and everything will 100% be fine.

It won't be too late or anything to start going on about problems if they actually start up here, nope.

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Balancing the impact will be the kicker. Do I as an employer owe a duty of care to my customers - yes. Do I owe one to my employees - yes. Can I legitimately weigh the risk to my employees (and myself) over the right of someone to buy a pint?  Even if the answer is ‘no’ what would the appropriate amount of compo be?  £1 maybe £2? Who’s taking that case on?  

I would imagine a bunch of anti-vaxx anti-mask Twitter dickheads just to prove a point. I agree it's not logical, but I'm sure in the cancel world we're in if a shop keeper refused to serve the wrong bellend, then something would happen. Which is why most shops are doing absolutely nothing. They want neither the conflict or the potential damage. 

13 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

@Barrington Womble if you don't give a reason, you can refuse anyone. No discrimination Yankee bullshit comeback.

As Rico said, it's pretty simple really. I believe you would need to refuse people at the door. You would also need to never ask why someone wasn't wearing a mask, thus the being a big enough cunt to want to refuse access to genuinely disabled people. 

In a different subject. I don't know how well this LFT out in 7 days thing is working. Since that rule came out, I know 3 people who've had covid and all 3 didn't test negative till after 10 days. I'm 4 out of 4, I have had my 1st negative test today 2 weeks after my 1st symptoms (I've been going to hospital and Dr appts this week and had to test regardless and they still saw me despite the positive tests!) . 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In a different subject. I don't know how well this LFT out in 7 days thing is working. Since that rule came out, I know 3 people who've had covid and all 3 didn't test negative till after 10 days. I'm 4 out of 4, I have had my 1st negative test today 2 weeks after my 1st symptoms (I've been going to hospital and Dr appts this week and had to test regardless and they still saw me despite the positive tests!) . 

The Mrs tested negative on days 6 & 7, whereas I tested positive yesterday on day 6. I'm literally doing the day 7 one now and looking at it, it's negative so far. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's no fully safe way to return to normality, people are going to die no matter what. Some will die from adverse vaccine reactions, some will die from covid.

A lot of people died every flu season too, I don't remember the howling for vaccinating everyone.

Yes, people dying isn't good, it's a sad fact of life though that we can't escape with things like seasonal viruses.

If you want and eventually get fully as safe as possible with unvaxxed shut out of society and your covid passes and mandates, welcome to authoritarianism.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

That's not where this is heading.

The best we're going to get is living with Covid the way we live with flu; vaccinating the vulnerable every year, but accepting that some people will die. (Incidentally, I love your line about "some from vaccine reactions, some from Covid".  If the number of Covid deaths ever does fall so low that it's comparable to the number of deaths from the Coronavirus vaccines, that would be a massive achievement!)

Living with Covid happens when there is enough immunity in the population in general to allow us to crack on with our lives. When we reach that point, there will be no point in checking anybody's immune status, so Covid passes will be a thing of the past. 

Instead of offering these dire warnings of an authoritarian future in which unvaccinated people are made to wear yellow stars or whatever, just think it through and ask why that would happen: in the post-pandemic world, who would give a shit about whether an individual is vaccinated or not?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm out of here.*

Subject to terms and conditions. No loons attacking vaccine points were endorsed whilst posting this tweet. I have no interest in radicalising extremists. It's soon time for a new years day Baileys. BAILEYS.

Quoting from far right American politicians while pretending to be left wing - seems about right.

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I’m fairly convinced that’s how my lad got it. Family member tested negative on day 6 and 7, then came for Xmas.

I’m not particularly fucking pleased as I much as said this would happen and the guidance seems to suggest you should still limit contact even after negative days on 6 and 7. I’d imagine no one is, they just take the green light.

We’re on day 5 here (accounting that the day you test positive is day 0), all negative tests for those who tested negative on PCR so far. Eldest lad will do his day 6 tomorrow, so fingers crossed as he’s climbing the walls and could go to school next week if he tests negative twice before Tuesday. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’m fairly convinced that’s how my lad got it. Family member tested negative on day 6 and 7, then came for Xmas.

I’m not particularly fucking pleased as I much as said this would happen and the guidance seems to suggest you should still limit contact even after negative days on 6 and 7. I’d imagine no one is, they just take the green light.

We’re on day 5 here (accounting that the day you test positive is day 0), all negative tests for those who tested negative on PCR so far. Eldest lad will do his day 6 tomorrow, so fingers crossed as he’s climbing the walls and could go to school next week if he tests negative twice before Tuesday. 

Complete fuckfest , all of the wife's family showing random LFT negatives and positives depending on the day , and some pcr results back in hours and others still not reported after 3 days.

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Complete fuckfest , all of the wife's family showing random LFT negatives and positives depending on the day , and some pcr results back in hours and others still not reported after 3 days.

LFT’s are just not reliable enough for releasing people from isolation IMO. The 7 days feels much more of a political and economic decision opposed to a public health one. I’d genuinely be interested to know if science is driving that policy, if anyone knows?

Oddly enough we’ve had no trouble getting LFT tests and with the speed of results from PCR, but appreciate it’s a varying picture and generally a clusterfuck.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

LFT’s are just not reliable enough for releasing people from isolation IMO. The 7 days feels much more of a political and economic decision opposed to a public health one. I’d genuinely be interested to know if science is driving that policy, if anyone knows?

Oddly enough we’ve had no trouble getting LFT tests and with the speed of results from PCR, but appreciate it’s a varying picture and generally a clusterfuck.

The biggest issue of the LFTs is supposedly operator error. I have to say, my experience is they were consistent and they were when my daughter had covid. I tested twice at the start and then from day 6 onwards and every test was positive until the latest. And as I was heading to the end the line got thinner and took longer to appear. But if people are struggling to test in quite the right way, then it's going to be inconsistent. I've had 3 or 4 tests done for me over the past 2 years, so I know exactly where to twirl it round my nose. I'm not so sure I did it the same before that. 

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The biggest issue of the LFTs is supposedly operator error. I have to say, my experience is they were consistent and they were when my daughter had covid. I tested twice at the start and then from day 6 onwards and every test was positive until the latest. And as I was heading to the end the line got thinner and took longer to appear. But if people are struggling to test in quite the right way, then it's going to be inconsistent. I've had 3 or 4 tests done for me over the past 2 years, so I know exactly where to twirl it round my nose. I'm not so sure I did it the same before that. 

Any pointers? I feel like I may be doing it wrong. How far up bogey canyon does the prodding stick need to go?

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

The Mrs tested negative on days 6 & 7, whereas I tested positive yesterday on day 6. I'm literally doing the day 7 one now and looking at it, it's negative so far. 

Scratch that. Just checked and there's a faint line on the T. Figures, as I still feel like I'm trying to shake off a particularly irritating cold. Fuck sake.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Any pointers? I feel like I may be doing it wrong. How far up bogey canyon does the prodding stick need to go?

The way it has been done to me is effectively put the cotton bud thing to the roof of the nostrel and ease it back to where the nostril changes direction if you know what I mean, the point at the front? And then take from there. It definitely doesn't need to be right back and deep, I was doing it further back before. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Ideally, holding the swab between thumb and fore finger, you need to get it as far up your nose as you can. While holding the swab, if your thumb and fore finger arent on your tache line you need to keep on pushing!

• Upvote 1