You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, The-Sir said:

The old man has just returned a positive test, late 60's with quite severe COPD and asthma so a bit worrying. He's triple jabbed though and will likely get those newly approved antivirals because of his chest, so fingers crossed. 

Snap, fingers crossed for you Pete. X

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Got a positive PCR result this morning (despite having negative LFTs every day!) Have been feeling shit since Boxing day with what feels like a really bad cold. Not as wiped out as I was first time round, but still a pain in the arse.

I'm trying to book a PCR myself for the same reason.  Been feeling like shite for a few days now and my LFT's have been clear, but I'm definitely feeling very similar to how I did when I had coronavirus the first time round.

This is madness. So now the messaging is if you haven't had the booster you could end up in ICU. When did it flip from being unvaccinated to not having all your shots?

This'll make it even less likely that people will want to get vaccinated. Someone really needs to put him out to pasture.

Screenshot_20211229-122556.png

1 minute ago, Furmedge said:

I'm trying to book a PCR myself for the same reason.  Been feeling like shite for a few days now and my LFT's have been clear, but I'm definitely feeling very similar to how I did when I had coronavirus the first time round.

Definitely worth doing mate. Weird thing is, the Mrs' LFT showed positive straight away. I suppose that's why they say they're best if you're asymptomatic - I felt like shite which is why I got my PCR. One good thing to come of this, I was due to visit my family in Liverpool this week, but cancelled because of the number of cases in London - we'd have brought this up to all of them.

• Upvote 1

Ambulance response staff said LFTs and PCRs will give a different result where one is positive when symptoms show or negative with no symptoms. The other test will have opposite outcomes.

23 minutes ago, skend04 said:

This is madness. So now the messaging is if you haven't had the booster you could end up in ICU. When did it flip from being unvaccinated to not having all your shots?

This'll make it even less likely that people will want to get vaccinated. Someone really needs to put him out to pasture.

Screenshot_20211229-122556.png

Haven't read this but probably just manipulation of the truth, those 90% probably haven't had any sort of vaccine making it technically correct that they haven't had a booster

24 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Definitely worth doing mate. Weird thing is, the Mrs' LFT showed positive straight away. I suppose that's why they say they're best if you're asymptomatic - I felt like shite which is why I got my PCR. One good thing to come of this, I was due to visit my family in Liverpool this week, but cancelled because of the number of cases in London - we'd have brought this up to all of them.

Just booked in for tomorrow morning, 8am.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fungus said:

Haven't read this but probably just manipulation of the truth, those 90% probably haven't had any sort of vaccine making it technically correct that they haven't had a booster

It isn’t truthful.

His spokesperson had to quickly cobble something together along the lines of ‘anecdotal evidence from a small number of providers’ 

Pure gaslighting.

I tested positive on two LFT's on Sunday after feeling progressively worse all day but I out it down to drinking too much on Xmas day. 

PCR test confirmed it Monday. Have no idea where I caught it from and feeling much better now apart from a little shortness of breath. The wife and one of the kids has now tested positive. The youngest is fine but panicking as he is going to his first game at Anfield next Sunday.