You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

41 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

If he was, would he not have been banned after you went to Dave?

And has anyone sprayed “Rico The Grass!” On the side of your house? 

Dave disagreed, that’s what happens in life. I’m convinced, others aren’t. Me having a hissy fit won’t change that. AoT saw the same I did, perhaps others did too. He’s a friend to some of you, that means you let him off. Says more about them than me.  

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The question you've answered is :

Do you know what effect the 'vaccine' has? 

The question I asked is:

Do you know what the 'vaccine' does? 

Perhaps it would be better worded as:

Do you know how the 'vaccine' works? 

I'm not writing another post just for you to answer with some other question.

Do you know how the 'immune system' works?

If you could get to whatever point you're trying to make it'd help. I could give a basic answer but then you could just ask another question. Just like you could give a basic answer about our immune system then I could ask another question.

It's hard to get any sense in this thread still and I'm better off leaving it for a while shortly I think.

I wasn't comfortable writing the last post but I don't think there's any easy way out of this. Last year I was calling for lockdowns, hoping we could eliminate the virus, etc, but look at what we've done. The way out of this probably isn't going to be something any of us really like the sound of but being controlled by fear with governments constantly dishing out new restrictions that don't give the results we want and then blaming unvaccinated who are constantly gaining more natural immunity doesn't seem like the best solution.

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wonder if Rico’s as hungover as I am this morning. 

I’m fine, witness protection just arrived. Being bundled into a taxi and told I’m now called Doreen and live in Skegness. Police aware of a man in a Spider-Man costume shouting about cats, tongues and how weens have been turned against him. 

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

And I can also get a sense of why minorities have such a fucking nightmare at times just trying to live their lives too, now that I'm in one myself and classed as thick, selfish, basically subhuman. For not taking a vaccine with no long term health effects.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

What's a description of the protest got to do with being literally in a minority and dealing with bullshit every single day?

So you've taken a bit of stick recently about being unvaccinated and you literally compared it how people in "minorities" must feel on a daily basis. It's not even remotely comparable. Grow up.  

• Like 1

I thought that minority thing would wind some of you up (wasn't the intent but guessed there'd be a response to that part shortly after posting.) Because one of the biggest issues is actually having some understanding of unvaccinated other than what you've been told to think. You've been told for months on end to see us as thick, selfish, and scapegoat us.

A lot of it is down to Biden I think and his "our patience is wearing thin" bullshit too, that's been repeated by others like for example the "anonymous" person who said his/her "patience was wearing thin" with ICU's being full of unvaccinated in the Guardian article, even though there's actually loads of vaccinated there too.

Look at South Africa. There's over half the population not fully vaxxed and natural immunity has helped them get through it.

There's millions of us unvaccinated, many of us have no intention of changing our minds because we either have concerns about the vaccine that can't be solved without long term health data, more knowledge of adverse effects, we're being made more resistant due to all of the coercion and abuse, we're sick of the propaganda, and/or actual health problems that put us off. Often more than one of those problems at the same time.

And every day there's more of us gaining natural immunity so this narrative fades constantly. Omicron will turbo charge that immunity too by the looks of it. And the idea of unvaccinated filling up ICU's can't hold either for the same reason.

So what's the actual problem? It looks like it's increasingly our governments and many of the "experts". Things can actually make a lot more sense if you look at the government like the press offices of pfizer and merck. It helps to explain why unvaccinated are being demonised and why natural immunity is literally being ignored, unless they're forced to explain how South Africa is dealing with this of course. It can also help to explain why covid passes allowing a negative test can change to vaccination only and why there's mandates, even though both of them don't work properly anyway.

37 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm not writing another post just for you to answer with some other question.

Do you know how the 'immune system' works?

If you could get to whatever point you're trying to make it'd help. I could give a basic answer but then you could just ask another question. Just like you could give a basic answer about our immune system then I could ask another question.

It's hard to get any sense in this thread still and I'm better off leaving it for a while shortly I think.

I wasn't comfortable writing the last post but I don't think there's any easy way out of this. Last year I was calling for lockdowns, hoping we could eliminate the virus, etc, but look at what we've done. The way out of this probably isn't going to be something any of us really like the sound of but being controlled by fear with governments constantly dishing out new restrictions that don't give the results we want and then blaming unvaccinated who are constantly gaining more natural immunity doesn't seem like the best solution.

The question wasn't intended as any kind of attack, it was a genuine question to see if there is something that has convinced you that the 'vaccine' is bad. 

Has it occurred to you why I am putting vaccine in air quotes? 

Personally I think it has been very poorly marketed. It's not really a vaccine. It's more like an recognition alarm. The spike protein that Covid is contained in is distinctive but the body does not recognise it as harmful or beneficial. Once it enters the body as a neutral guest it starts attaching itself to any part of the body that has ACE2 receptors. At some point the body will recognise it has been invaded and the immune system kicks in to try and overcome the invaders. The problem is that the parts of the body that have ACE2 receptors have become the invaders as they have been taken over by the covid protein. So depending on how many receptors have been taken over, this will determine how much the immune system will have to fight. This battle is known as the cykotine storm. 

This image gives an idea where ACE2 receptors can be found... 

fmed-07-594495-g001.jpg

The function on the vaccine is essentially a recognition system. The spike protein is injected into the body with an instruction to the immune system to recognise it an an invader. The immune system kicks in and starts to hunt down any invaders that match. Unsurprisingly the body does not find any. But the immune system won't just find those, after all it's designed to protect the body from all invaders. This could explain why people become unwell after the vaccine as the immune system is less oking for any invaders. 

If the vaccine causes these effects, it's very likely so would Covid-19. With the added effects of the body being taken over by Covid-19 at some or of all the above ACE2 receptors. 

The Omicron variant has a slightly different protein shape so the vaccine may or may not recognise it. So new vaccines are being adapted to instruct the immune system to recognise the alternative protein spike.

The reason I took the vaccine is I knew either way it was going to effect me. I just felt my chances would be better with the 'vaccine' than without. 

In other words, I wanted my immune system to be instructed to recognise the Covid-19 protein. 

My brother in law decided he didn't want that. He's now attached to a ventilator in an induced coma as his ACE2 receptors were invaded. Possibly all those places on that image. Hopefully his immune system copes with it. 

What do governments almost constantly do? They divide us and gain advantage from us being set apart and distracted, arguing and fighting each other. One of the solutions to this could be an increasing amount of vaccinated and unvaccinated, working together undivided by vaccination status and letting governments know that we're sick of their lies.

But obviously in a more peaceful way than Jezza's brother would advise.

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Guardian and Telegraph keep teasing the lockdown, but never committing. Feel sorry for anyone who has to plan around all this stuff this late in the game.

It's hardly the newspapers fault is it? People in or around this government have leaked stories since the start. Every new lockdown is teased via the press to gain public and Tory back bench reaction, because usually going for it anyway because the NHS crisis is too great to do otherwise. None of this is the fault of the press, bit the fault of a government who are not in control of their actions and can't carry their party in the direction they want. 

@Shooter in the Motor Yeah I've read about how the vaccines work but thought I'd end up trying to explain in detail, then checking sources to make sure I have the right info, and then maybe still not answer with what you were looking for.

It hasn't changed any of my issues really and I've also read about adverse reactions and some of the possible reasons why the vaccine could be causing them, and I don't want to go into that area and make more people here anxious if they're going to need boosters. Especially if it later turns out that adverse reactions were cause by some other issues instead and it ended up not being right.

And yeah I remember you saying about your brother in law. I really hope he gets better too and can make a full recovery, and the same goes to Carvalho as well and anyone else here that's been affected by this.

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

We're not factoring in the fact that an ever increasing amount of the unvaccinated are now naturally immune. People have been brainwashed to demonise unvaccinated by a bunch of evil, corrupt, greedy fucking corporate scum.

Even FDA and CDC advisory committees weren't consulted on boosters recently but woosh, not even thought about. There'd be massive fucking outrage if Trump had that happen but because that stupid fucking blue MAGA clown Biden is sat in the WH everything's fine.

It's a fucking joke of a narrative that's partly a group of so called liberals just trying to stick it to unvaccinated right wingers by turning authoritarian whilst forgetting that a load of minorities and people on the left are caught up in it too.

And I can also get a sense of why minorities have such a fucking nightmare at times just trying to live their lives too, now that I'm in one myself and classed as thick, selfish, basically subhuman. For not taking a vaccine with no long term health effects.

Absolute joke. If this narrative absolutely crashes to the ground it'll be one of the best things I've ever seen. And historians will be amazed at what people went along with here for a long time to come.

When you say "we" who do you mean.  Government advisors are scientific experts drawn from a range of relevant disciplines. Why would you be so arrogant as to believe you've thought of something they've missed?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that immunity acquired from previous variants is not particularly effective against Omicron. (In other words, an increasing number of people are not as naturally immune as you'd hope.)  I'm pretty sure that SAGE have better data on that than you or I.

The rest of the stuff about political polarisation is US-specific. Your politics was fucked up by the Tea Party and anti-truth bellends who were fixated on Obama's birth certificate, the basement of a pizza restaurant (which doesn't even have a basement) and Hillary's emails.

They can all get to fuck as far as I'm concerned.  I don't want a penny of my taxes spent supporting the livelihoods of irresponsible businesses during a pandemic.  

I'm sure theres a few good'uns, but overall I've been revolted by the attitude of of them towards any public health measures.  

Oh look, all your customers are getting ill, who'd have thought it. Surely your local Tory party members come in and buys a few pints every day to support you?

Screenshot_20211220-093042.png

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When you say "we" who do you mean.  Government advisors are scientific experts drawn from a range of relevant disciplines. Why would you be so arrogant as to believe you've thought of something they've missed?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that immunity acquired from previous variants is not particularly effective against Omicron. (In other words, an increasing number of people are not as naturally immune as you'd hope.)  I'm pretty sure that SAGE have better data on that than you or I.

The rest of the stuff about political polarisation is US-specific. Your politics was fucked up by the Tea Party and anti-truth bellends who were fixated on Obama's birth certificate, the basement of a pizza restaurant (which doesn't even have a basement) and Hillary's emails.

It doesn't matter how expert advisors are if they're being coerced into pushing pharma narratives.

And I could comment on how years of Russiagate could've had an influence on what's currently going on and how it's messed with people's minds, but probably better not gone into in this thread so I'll not go much further on your version of how "my politics was fucked up", especially when the explanation completely absolves Democrats for any issues caused, the ones that actually created the situation that led to Trump becoming president and who could be about to cause a repeat of that happening.

I'm more interested in how we get through what's going on with this than listing more ways that we can be divided and argue.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It doesn't matter how expert advisors are if they're being coerced into pushing pharma narratives.

And I could comment on how years of Russiagate could've had an influence on what's currently going on and how it's messed with people's minds, but probably better not gone into in this thread so I'll not go much further on your version of how "my politics was fucked up", especially when the explanation completely absolves Democrats for any issues caused, the ones that actually created the situation that led to Trump becoming president and who could be about to cause a repeat of that happening.

I'm more interested in how we get through what's going on with this than listing more ways that we can be divided and argue.

obviously one of the ways "we get through what's going on" is via the vaccine, but you absolutely refuse to accept the more of it taken through the community, the better it is - instead focussing on how people who have decided to not take the vaccine won't change their minds. The best thing we can do is change anti-vaxx people's minds over the vaccine. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

obviously one of the ways "we get through what's going on" is via the vaccine, but you absolutely refuse to accept the more of it taken through the community, the better it is - instead focussing on how people who have decided to not take the vaccine won't change their minds. The best thing we can do is change anti-vaxx people's minds over the vaccine. 

Maybe try a better approach then :

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Using terms like "minority" and acting like it you're being attacked for not getting the vaccine after that march on Saturday (and the many like it before) is not the right approach. A fair few people on here might disagree with you but have you been heckled in the street? Come on RP. You're asking for a better approach yet are failing to hold up your side of that. 

Anyway, how can they expect people to abide by even the lightest of social distancing rules when shit like this is going on and the Deputy PM flip flops the way he does?!

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

the vaccine has been around for 12 months. The vaccine passes were introduced last week. Any idea that covid passes create any link between taking the vaccine or not is fucking nonsense, as people would have taken the vaccine already. they haven't because they buy into moronic social media noise. 

23 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

OK. How we get through this.

1. "Natural immunity" involves tens of thousands of people dying and millions getting seriously ill.

2.  Vaccination doesn't.

It's really not a tough choice.

• Upvote 2

On 17/12/2021 at 23:08, TheHowieLama said:

@Spy Bee What have you changed in your exercise/dietary habits in the last 18 months?

I eat pretty well generally. I take vitamin D, vitamin K2 and zinc. I play foot once a week, but don't do enough exercise (tough with a young family) so am currently sorting a home gym out.

• Upvote 1