You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Reading the last couple of pages I think this should've been done a while back. Despite what some might think I'm glad to see some of you speaking about your own experiences again instead of seeing page after page of arguing.

The two threads will always go off into different areas but maybe the best solution from the off was to have this thread more for people's own experiences and for the other thread to have that too but also be focused on problems related to the pandemic response and other issues.

I know many here see it as normal people here and conspiracy nuts in the other thread but it doesn't have to turn out like that I don't think when there's so many different aspects to what's going on and maybe over time we'll see that more.

Hope you're all doing well anyway.

Its all bantz innit?

I have no personal interest in alternative Covid treatments/theories. Only because imo none are worth it at this time.

Mandates are a far different discussion and it seems sometimes gets lost in the avalanche of psuedo science/prop bullshit. There needs to be a serious discussion about that. Unfortunately, in a wider sense that discussion has been held hostage by similar folks.

Nazi Germany?? Are you fucking kidding me? Look at the folks who are embracing that.

If so, it must also has very close parallels to Apartheid in South Africa or Japanese interment camps.

What kind of dumbass uses a dog whistle message like Nazi Germany as a basis for any serious debate?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Had my booster this avvie. Did a few weights for 5 minutes when I got home to relax the muscle.

No soreness or after effects. Touch wood!

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Dockers, what are you doing in there?"

"Er, nothing, dear. Just trying to relax the muscle."

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Its all bantz innit?

I have no personal interest in alternative Covid treatments/theories. Only because imo none are worth it at this time.

Mandates are a far different discussion and it seems sometimes gets lost in the avalanche of psuedo science/prop bullshit. There needs to be a serious discussion about that. Unfortunately, in a wider sense that discussion has been held hostage by similar folks.

Nazi Germany?? Are you fucking kidding me? Look at the folks who are embracing that.

If so, it must also has very close parallels to Apartheid in South Africa or Japanese interment camps.

What kind of dumbass uses a dog whistle message like Nazi Germany as a basis for any serious debate?

I get how that winds people up but I'll try and avoid stoking that one again in here.

Had my coronavirus booster jab on Monday. I'd had the Astra Zeneca for my first two jabs but I had the Moderna one on Monday and it wiped me out. I spent all day Tuesday(until just before match) in bed feeling like a train had hit me and today,Wednesday,I'm only just getting my strength back but feel weak as a kitten. Awful experience this time.

• Upvote 1

Omicron is apparently doubling every 2 to 3 days. Some bloke from the WHO has said that it definitely appears to be a milder strain. Time will tell. 

A study was released last night (not peer reviewed) which suggested the neutralisation of omicron by two doses of vaccine is 40 fold reduced when compared to Delta, but that there is still some neutralisation and vaccine escape looks unlikely. The highest level of neutralisation was found to be present in a sample of a Covid infection followed by two doses of vaccination. Low neutralisation levels when just two doses of vaccination. I'm not sure if it was tested, but there's a belief that sufficient neutralisation levels would be provided by two vaccines and a booster. Caveats apply though. Small sample numbers and something to do with the method of testing. I won't pretend to understand it all. I'll let you all make your own mind up. 

https://twitter.com/sigallab/status/1468346776583344132

If it's working from home and vaccine passports how will these knobheads not comply? Go to a locked up work premises and demand to be let in? Refuse to work from home and end up getting sacked? Turn up to a concert without a vaccine passport and demand to be let in? 

They will "comply." 

It's all Twitter bravado and faux rebellion. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If it's working from home and vaccine passports how will these knobheads not comply? Go to a locked up work premises and demand to be let in? Refuse to work from home and end up getting sacked? Turn up to a concert without a vaccine passport and demand to be let in? 

They will "comply." 

It's all Twitter bravado and faux rebellion. 

Feel a bit sorry for their partners, assuming they have partners and that they're not complete loons as well.

• Upvote 1

People aren't furious with restrictions per se, they are furious about the deceitful way this sad excuse of a Prime Minister goes about his business. He said three weeks before a review, and then conveniently tries to use it as a distraction from his own malfeasance. 

This is not based on the latest scientific evidence, it is based on his whimsical, fly by the wind bullshit decisions.

A Canadian biotech firm is reporting positive results from a large study of its COVID-19 vaccine. What makes it unusual is that the key ingredient of the vaccine is grown in plants.

Medicago has already developed an experimental flu vaccine in Nicotiana benthamian, a plant related to tobacco. When the pandemic struck, the company decided to try to make a COVID-19 vaccine.

Now it appears those efforts have succeeded.

"This is an incredible moment for Medicago and for novel vaccine platforms," Medicago CEO and President Takashi Nagao said in a statement.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/07/1062152532/a-covid-vaccine-grown-in-plants-measures-up

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

People aren't furious with restrictions per se, they are furious about the deceitful way this sad excuse of a Prime Minister goes about his business. He said three weeks before a review, and then conveniently tries to use it as a distraction from his own malfeasance. 

This is not based on the latest scientific evidence, it is based on his whimsical, fly by the wind bullshit decisions.

The first paragraph is right; the second one isn't.

But then, how could this Government of liars, flip-floppers and bullshitters hope to convince people that this time they are following the science and doing the right thing?  The lack of credible leadership in the last couple of years has probably cost tens of thousands of lives.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-boris-johnson-minded-to-move-to-plan-b-of-rules-this-week-sky-news-understands-12489880