You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Really praying he's OK he's been like family to my sisters family. He was in pub before Everton game when he took ill and this meant my 16 year old nephew ended up sitting with random reds til his dad drove up after work

Hope he is ok as well.

He felt sick instantly in the pub? No symptoms prior?

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Did he mention AZ + Moderna as an alternative? 

The report I saw said that's better than 3 x Pfizer , but nowhere near the effectiveness is 2AZ+1Pfizer, but it didn't give a number. I suspect they probably didn't have enough numbers. Also, I don't believe they give AZ as a booster, but I might be wrong on that one. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The report I saw said that's better than 3 x Pfizer , but nowhere near the effectiveness is 2AZ+1Pfizer, but it didn't give a number. I suspect they probably didn't have enough numbers. Also, I don't believe they give AZ as a booster, but I might be wrong on that one. 

Ta, will have a look about later. Only asking as that's what they're giving out down here.

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hope he is ok as well.

He felt sick instantly in the pub? No symptoms prior?

Think he felt OK then started feel ill once he had set out. Light headed rather than covid symptoms. By yesterday it was a 999 job.

Saying that I remember getting swine flu. At 10am I felt a touch off by dinner time I had go home from work. By 3 I was bedridden

13 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Think he felt OK then started feel ill once he had set out. Light headed rather than covid symptoms. By yesterday it was a 999 job.

Saying that I remember getting swine flu. At 10am I felt a touch off by dinner time I had go home from work. By 3 I was bedridden

Yep, that about sums it up.

Reading the last couple of pages I think this should've been done a while back. Despite what some might think I'm glad to see some of you speaking about your own experiences again instead of seeing page after page of arguing.

The two threads will always go off into different areas but maybe the best solution from the off was to have this thread more for people's own experiences and for the other thread to have that too but also be focused on problems related to the pandemic response and other issues.

I know many here see it as normal people here and conspiracy nuts in the other thread but it doesn't have to turn out like that I don't think when there's so many different aspects to what's going on and maybe over time we'll see that more.

Hope you're all doing well anyway.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Reading the last couple of pages I think this should've been done a while back. Despite what some might think I'm glad to see some of you speaking about your own experiences again instead of seeing page after page of arguing.

The two threads will always go off into different areas but maybe the best solution from the off was to have this thread more for people's own experiences and for the other thread to have that too but also be focused on problems related to the pandemic response and other issues.

I know many here see it as normal people here and conspiracy nuts in the other thread it doesn't have to turn out like that I don't think when there's so many different aspects to what's going on and maybe over time we'll see that more.

Hope you're all doing well anyway.

On 23/01/2020 at 23:43, Bjornebye said:

Deserves its own thread and quite frankly I wish everyone the best. x 

I stand by the opening post. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, skend04 said:

oh for fucks sake. and this is exactly why you can't just go "some GP in Cape Town said it's sound". 

makes you wonder how they're finding it if it escapes detection though. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

oh for fucks sake. and this is exactly why you can't just go "some GP in Cape Town said it's sound". 

makes you wonder how they're finding it if it escapes detection though. 

Sounds like they have analysed negative swabs and found it. Presumably though, if it is as virulent as it appears and symptoms are as mild as they appear, this will have no real impact.

Unable to breathe and on a ventilator because of Covid? Pull your mealy mouth self together you gutless scum. And apparently we’d have cured cancer with the money used for a vaccine, despite the fact nobody has been able to cure it with decades research. Oh, and fuck you Jesus, nobody likes a Christmas martyr. 

One for Stig….

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

I think what the pandemic has shown more than anything else is who the authoritarians are from the libertarians. 

Did we not already know that?

Personally, I think the Police & Crime Bill, the Spycops act, that act that allows the military to commit warcrimes with impunity, the attempts at increasing Government control of the broadcast media, the attacks on the judiciary, the attempts to restrict voting rights, etc. go a fair way to showing who the authoritarians are.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did we not already know that?

Personally, I think the Police & Crime Bill, the Spycops act, that act that allows the military to commit warcrimes with impunity, the attempts at increasing Government control of the broadcast media, the attacks on the judiciary, the attempts to restrict voting rights, etc. go a fair way to showing who the authoritarians are.

Most definitely. It just seems really in your face and blatant now. They don't even try to hide it. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I think what the pandemic has shown more than anything else is who the authoritarians are from the libertarians. 

Where I am does not have any mask policy. I have one on me when about and if the employees in the shop or wherever are wearing one I put it on. Specifically the market I go to most.

There are a couple of places that are obviously "Let's go Brandon" establishments. I often wear one in their's just to piss the libertarians off - and let all involved bask in the sweet irony of my decision as a libertarian.

53 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Where I am does not have any mask policy. I have one on me when about and if the employees in the shop or wherever are wearing one I put it on. Specifically the market I go to most.

There are a couple of places that are obviously "Let's go Brandon" establishments. I often wear one in their's just to piss the libertarians off - and let all involved bask in the sweet irony of my decision as a libertarian.

Yeah, I wear a mask everywhere I go as well. To me, the mask thing isn't an issue. It's just common courtesy.

• Upvote 2