You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

But unfortunately for the video guy they are not and he knows it. Or he does not know. 

You believe that if you want.  I know better than to try to convince you otherwise.  Like I said earlier in the thread, I've never seen you concede any point on any thread ever.  A mind that can not be changed is not one I'm prepared to spend much effort engaging with. 

10 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

You can't debunk the article I don't think when it covers the subject of leaky vaccines and what scientists have found, even if you can find faults in places.

And this is maybe because you have a Pfizer priced understanding of a Stephen Hawking level problem.

You’re very first line was either a lie or demonstration of your complete lack of understanding.  Why would I go any further.  

Imagine trying to describe a problem in astrophysics and starting ‘the moon, made of cheese, is…”

11 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

As I said, learn to read before you go off on being a try hard bully. It won’t work with me. 

Ask any question you want, I’ve got nothing hide or anyone to impress. 

Thats your new go to saying is it. Deep down inside you know you've been found out for being a selfish dick so instead of facing it head on you're throwing accusations of bullying around. It wont take me long to find a few posts where you called me a cunt without any provocation if I could be arsed wasting any more of my day on you. 

I still don't know what direct question you asked me but it appears A-Red has already handed you your arse. 

Oh my question is whats your favourite Blancmange song? 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Boss baby - don't put words into the mans mouth.

I think you could say we don't know how and where it originated.

"So, I don't think anyone can say that it didn't come from here or it did come from here."

How about these words from the man's own mouth?

“There was a study recently that we can make available to you, where a group of highly qualified evolutionary virologists looked at the sequences there and the sequences in bats as they evolve. And the mutations that it took to get to the point where it is now is totally consistent with a jump of a species from an animal to a human,” Fauci replied.

He underscored in his remarks that studies of the virus’ genome have strongly indicated that it was transmitted from an animal to a human rather than created or enhanced in a laboratory setting, as a review in a scientific journal found.

“We do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible,” an analysis published in Nature Medicine in mid-March said. The study, led by computational biologist Kristian Andersen of the Scripps Research Institute in California, compared COVID-19 to the six other coronaviruses known to infect humans. The analysis explicitly states that the evidence shows SARS-CoV-2 “is not a purposefully manipulated virus.”

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You’re very first line was either a lie or demonstration of your complete lack of understanding.  Why would I go any further.  

Imagine trying to describe a problem in astrophysics and starting ‘the moon, made of cheese, is…”

I got mixed up with what you were responding to but anyway : this first thing I said was "Some of this could be wrong but I'll try." The general aim of what I was saying is right I think.

Like I said though, your Pfizer priced understanding of things won't allow me to have a point about leaky vaccines so we'll just carry on seeing how the leaky vaccines do unless pharma corps stop making leaky vaccines.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I got mixed up with what you were responding to but anyway : this first thing I sad was "Some of this could be wrong but I'll try." The general aim of what I was saying is right I think.

Like I said though, your Pfizer priced understanding of things won't allow me to have a point about leaky vaccines so we'll just carry on seeing how the leaky vaccines do unless pharma corps stop making leaky vaccines.

Fuck off. You got the very first thing wrong. Badly wrong. 

Plus, trying to twist my fucking ace Fisher Price analogy to your own shite version is even worse behaviour.  

9 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

You believe that if you want.  I know better than to try to convince you otherwise.  Like I said earlier in the thread, I've never seen you concede any point on any thread ever.  A mind that can not be changed is not one I'm prepared to spend much effort engaging with. 

There is a chance that none of the points needed concession - who knows.

As for the facts here - every variant besides Omicron was present before the vaccine rollout.

So unfortunately it is scientifically impossible for leaky vaccines to be in anyway connected to any of them except Omicron, the least virulent.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Fuck off. You got the very first thing wrong. Badly wrong. 

Plus, trying to twist my fucking ace Fisher Price analogy to your own shite version is even worse behaviour.  

Haha ok, I prefer Pfizer priced but I'm bored of this now anyway so done arguing for a bit.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is a chance that none of the points needed concession - who knows.

As for the facts here - every variant besides Omicron was present before the vaccine rollout.

So unfortunately it is scientifically impossible for leaky vaccines to be in anyway connected to any of them except Omicron, the least virulent.

Delta arose in the first half of 2021, right in the middle of the vaxx rollout.  

Alpha arose during clinical trials of the vaccine.

There are tens of thousands of strains in circulation, so coming to the conclusion that none of them occurred after the vaccine rollout is pure epidemiological gibberish.

7 minutes ago, Boss said:

How about these words from the man's own mouth?

“There was a study recently that we can make available to you, where a group of highly qualified evolutionary virologists looked at the sequences there and the sequences in bats as they evolve. And the mutations that it took to get to the point where it is now is totally consistent with a jump of a species from an animal to a human,” Fauci replied.

He underscored in his remarks that studies of the virus’ genome have strongly indicated that it was transmitted from an animal to a human rather than created or enhanced in a laboratory setting, as a review in a scientific journal found.

“We do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible,” an analysis published in Nature Medicine in mid-March said. The study, led by computational biologist Kristian Andersen of the Scripps Research Institute in California, compared COVID-19 to the six other coronaviruses known to infect humans. The analysis explicitly states that the evidence shows SARS-CoV-2 “is not a purposefully manipulated virus.”

Mate, that is from Mar 2020 - the man is a scientist - his opinions change based on new information.

What he has most recently stated is no one can say where it came from. I am pretty sure there are thousands of folks working now to figure that out and his opinion will continue to change.

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

Delta arose in the first half of 2020, right in the middle of the vaxx rollout.  

Alpha arose during clinical trials of the vaccine.

There are tens of thousands of strains in circulation, so coming to the conclusion that none of them occurred after the vaccine rollout is pure epidemiological gibberish.

There are 5 acknowledged variants.

I think you may be misunderstanding how a leaky vaccine theory would need to work.

We can use delta -if you want we can choose another.

Delta originated in India - it was identified in Sept of 2020. India did not begin vaccination until Jan 0f 2021.

Alpha being an example would have to mean that the initial vaccines used in the trails were "leaky."

It's up to you if you accept that - seems far fetched at a time when the monitoring of a vaccine trial was at the highest in history. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

There are 5 acknowledged variants.

I think you may be misunderstanding how a leaky vaccine theory would need to work.

We can use delta -if you want we can choose another.

Delta originated in India - it was identified in Sept of 2020. India did not begin vaccination until Jan 0f 2021.

Alpha being an example would have to mean that the initial vaccines used in the trails were "leaky."

It's up to you if you accept that - seems far fetched at a time when the monitoring of a vaccine trial was at the highest in history. 

No, there are five variants designated as "of concern".  Beyond that, there are tens of thousands of variants in circulation.

Regardless, it is clear that many variants have arisen in the post vaccination world.  

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Mate, that is from Mar 2020 - the man is a scientist - his opinions change based on new information.

What he has most recently stated is no one can say where it came from. I am pretty sure there are thousands of folks working now to figure that out and his opinion will continue to change.

That cunt fully knows where it came from, yet has something to loose if it is proven. 

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

No, there are five variants designated as "of concern".  Beyond that, there are tens of thousands of variants in circulation.

Regardless, it is clear that many variants have arisen in the post vaccination world.  

This is undoubtedly true, however it runs counter to any concerns about leaky vaccines at this point.

The appearance of less virulent strains means the vaccine is working.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Are the vaccines that leaky that they're causing sportspeople who didn't even have the vaccine to have cardiac issues? 

It's pretty difficult to prove if someone has/has not taken the vaccine, you have to take them for their word. 

I could tell you that I'm double jabbed and have had my booster*, doesn't mean it's true. 

*I haven't

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Are the vaccines that leaky that they're causing sportspeople who didn't even have the vaccine to have cardiac issues? 

Remember when people claimed they made them magnetic? Imagine seeing that and thinking “you know what, these guys may be onto something”. 

Seeing the guy who led the protests taking money and PROVING it’s a fucking grift and thinking “well, I’ll just ignore this”. 

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

It's pretty difficult to prove if someone has/has not taken the vaccine, you have to take them for their word. 

I could tell you that I'm double jabbed and have had my booster*, doesn't mean it's true. 

*I haven't

Again bollocks.  How do you lie so easily?  

I could tell you I’ve passed my driving test doesn’t mean it’s true.  Well, except for all the official documents.