You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

German vaccine rates are low, the German homeopathic society has recommended people get vaccinated. Even people who believe in magic water believe you should get jabbed.  

Roughly the same as UK's. There is a 0.2 point difference.

I'm in the US at the moment and just learnt we've got to be tested here before we get on the plane to get home in addition to the test we have to have when we land.

In the last 10 days I will have had 5 fucking tests and passed them all, I think this makes me an expert.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No they aren’t. They are comparatively ok, but still fucking shit. Anyway, carry on.  

They are at about 70 percent of the total population, fully vaccinated. I think 80 percent is about as high as you can go , without under 12 year olds. Russia is at 40 percent, there are still 3 or 4 EU countries under 50 percent.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They are at about 70 percent of the total population, fully vaccinated. I think 80 percent is about as high as you can go , without under 12 year olds. Russia is at 40 percent, there are still 3 or 4 EU countries under 50 percent.

Again. You are arguing a different point.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10275989/Egyptian-football-manager-dies-heart-attack-celebrating-minute-winner.html#comments

The incident is just the latest in a spate of recent heart issues at football stadiums.

Most recently, Watford's clash with Chelsea was temporarily halted after a supporter collapsed following a cardiac arrest. 

That followed a similar incident when a fan also suffered a cardiac arrest during Newcastle's clash with Tottenham in October.

The fans on both occasions were later reported to be stable after treatment from medical staff in the stadium.

There also been a number of heart problems among players in recent times.   

Wigan striker Charlie Wyke, 28, collapsed in training after a cardiac arrest, while  Barcelona striker Sergio Aguero, 33, was diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmia having been forced off with chest pains in a 1-1 draw against Alaves last month. 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10275989/Egyptian-football-manager-dies-heart-attack-celebrating-minute-winner.html#comments

The incident is just the latest in a spate of recent heart issues at football stadiums.

Most recently, Watford's clash with Chelsea was temporarily halted after a supporter collapsed following a cardiac arrest. 

That followed a similar incident when a fan also suffered a cardiac arrest during Newcastle's clash with Tottenham in October.

The fans on both occasions were later reported to be stable after treatment from medical staff in the stadium.

There also been a number of heart problems among players in recent times.   

Wigan striker Charlie Wyke, 28, collapsed in training after a cardiac arrest, while  Barcelona striker Sergio Aguero, 33, was diagnosed with cardiac arrhythmia having been forced off with chest pains in a 1-1 draw against Alaves last month. 

Chalie Wyke wasn't vaccinated as confirmed by Wigan with his consent.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/november/Club-Statement-Charlie-Wyke/

Neither was Erikson although that didn't stop the anti-vax crowd jumping on a fake story that the received the Pfizer vaccine three weeks before.

Maybe you do the bare minimum of researching your sources.

• Upvote 2

See some people wondering what the point of vaccines was, as restrictions are back. Worth remembering that vaccines have dramatically cut Covid deaths. About 100,000 Covid cases reported in both January and November. January: 1,420 deaths November: 160 deaths

This stat pertains to Ireland where 95% of the adult population have been vaccinated.

39 minutes ago, Em City said:

Neither was Erikson although that didn't stop the anti-vax crowd jumping on a fake story that the received the Pfizer vaccine three weeks before.

It’s like watching a gorilla throwing shit around in his enclosure.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, A Red said:

I'm in the US at the moment and just learnt we've got to be tested here before we get on the plane to get home in addition to the test we have to have when we land.

In the last 10 days I will have had 5 fucking tests and passed them all, I think this makes me an expert.

Try Twitter if you want expert views on Covid. Judging by the content, I’d estimate that half of Twitter users are epidemiologists. 

3 hours ago, Em City said:

They've been paid off to say that by Big Pharma and the New World Order. 

Wake up, sheeple! 

• Upvote 1

Oh, joy. Another sports related person who we don't know if they've been vaccinated or not has had a heart attack. 

It's got to be the vaccine. As it's previously been totally unheard of for a 50 plus year old man to have a heart attack. And stress and excitement have never contributed to cardiac issues. Never, ever. Never, ever, ever. 

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Again. You are arguing a different point.  

The point is that looking at the numbers, "hesitancy" in the Western Europe does not appear a huge problem, so there is truth in saying that unvaccinated are disproportionally blamed for high transmission numbers, the vaccines have probably underperformed in that respect (caveat would be that there should be full vaccination achieved to say that with certainty but it seems pretty obvious). Bigger problem are considerably lower rates in neighbouring regions and further on, globally, because the virus moves in waves.