You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Show me the bit where the rise of facism in post WW1 Germany included vaccinated people against a global pandemic that's killed over 4 million people and yeah maybe discussing the Nazis could be relevant. Until then, can people stop trying to make any sort of comparison to something that isn't remotely comparable whatsoever ! 

FUCKING HELL! 

The point isn’t about the vaccines. It’s about oppressive laws being brought in quietly and subtly over a period of time.

Look at the wider argument. 

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

No thanks, I don't outsource my health to the government/media.

You do. Every single drug you’ve ever taken in the U.K. has been approved by the government. Every doctor you’ve ever seen is trained and licensed by the government. You arent the edge lord you think you are.  

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Let’s not turn this into something isn’t."

You wrote that just after defending a comparison with covid to pre holocaust ideals. I was hoping it was satire, clearly it wasn't. 

So how is it anti-Semitic to compare events from the past to todays potential actions of some governments? 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If there is a crumb of good that’s come out of all this is that all the mentalists have been happy to identify themselves.  

Yes good point, it's been like a global IQ test. I think at some point you have got to look at the most prominent anti vaxers like Piers Corbyn, Gillian Mckeith, Trump etc and think am I really on the same side as these guys ?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

If you think these vaccines prevent transmission it's no wonder you're confused. They don't. 

You are wilfully stupid.

The world is round(ish).

Species evolve by natural selection.

Man-made climate change is real.

Vaccines reduce transmission of the coronavirus.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You are wilfully stupid.

The world is round(ish).

Species evolve by natural selection.

Man-made climate change is real.

Vaccines reduce transmission of the coronavirus.

Do they? How? Because as I’ve stated 8 people caught Rona from a vaccinated person at a funeral I attended last week. That’s minimum by the way. 

13 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The point isn’t about the vaccines. It’s about oppressive laws being brought in quietly and subtly over a period of time.

Look at the wider argument. 

Let’s not turn this into something isn’t.

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Dave U is almost an anagram of Dachau. 

The signs were there all along. 

If you say "Auschwitz" really fast it sounds like Dave sneezing the facist 

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So how is it anti-Semitic to compare events from the past to todays potential actions of some governments? 

Are you pissed? 

8 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Blimey, I'll have to track down the bloke who sold me that ketamine pill masquerading as ecstacy in 1998.

Hahahaha funny thing is,, it was probably Rico! 

21 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

The recent law about 51 weeks jail time for protesting is a prime example of a similar thing happening.

Absolutely this.

There are genuinely worrying things that this government is doing to rob us of our freedoms and many of them do bear comparison with the Fascist and Nazi regimes of the 1930s.

Public health is not one of those things.

14 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Please stop using Gina Carano as a good example of, well, anything really.   

Tm77ICv.jpg

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remember when you got too close to the truth? Fanny 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think this post from you Rico is the closest he's ever got to a fanny 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

6 was of the 8 were vaccinated and have suffered worse than my missus did with it.

Rico, ToT or Mudface will tell you off soon for using anecdotal evidence.

Real world data definitely shows that the vaccine reduces transmission by approximately unobtainium percent. 

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Mate, you had a breakdown the other night because you had to wear a mask.  You spent a day trying to convince us it meant you couldn’t breathe. 

Things not to be scared of;

- paper masks 

- cloth masks

- injections 

- new and ground breaking medicine

Don't think I had a breakdown, did I? I simply remarked that I find it more difficult to breathe when my airways are obstructed.

I can think of a couple of things I'd add to that list. But I think I'm going to be more of a dispassionate observer on this thread for a bit.

9 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do they? How? Because as I’ve stated 8 people caught Rona from a vaccinated person at a funeral I attended last week. That’s minimum by the way. 

They reduce transmission; they don't eliminate it.

I posted a New Scientist summary of the evidence for this a few pages ago (before the Nazis showed up).

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

6 was of the 8 were vaccinated and have suffered worse than my missus did with it.

Show me data that shows hospital cases where there are more unvaccinated than vaccinated. I don't mind waiting... like forever for them stats. 

I HATE this government, I HATE being told what to do and I HATE the thought of anyone being forced to take/do something they don't want to do. 

BUT you can't complain if certain places require proof of vaccination. All you anti-vax lot can go the old 051. 

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Absolutely this.

There are genuinely worrying things that this government is doing to rob us of our freedoms and many of them do bear comparison with the Fascist and Nazi regimes of the 1930s.

Public health is not one of those things.

Enforcing mandatory vaccines, passports , monthly fines are exactly some of those things. (if they do)