You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

People spent 4 years calling Trump a Nazi.

1st year of Biden :

[from Trials of War Criminals before the Nuremberg Military Tribunals under Control Council Law No. 10. Nuremberg, October 1946–April 1949. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O, 1949–1953.]

Permissible Medical Experiments

The great weight of the evidence before us is to the effect that certain types of medical experiments on human beings, when kept within reasonably well-defined bounds, conform to the ethics of the medical profession generally. The protagonists of the practice of human experimentation justify their views on the basis that such experiments yield results for the good of society that are unprocurable by other methods or means of study. All agree, however, that certain basic principles must be observed in order to satisfy moral, ethical and legal concepts:

1. The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential.

Wow 

5 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Jabbing people against their will is outright fascism. 

So is anti-vaxxers attacking vaccination sites so they can't offer it to people who don't want it.

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Good grief, I literally just made a post in which I bemoaned the preposterous inconveniences placed upon a poor grieving family at a funeral. Could you be any denser.

I certainly won't apologise for being able to extrapolate from the fact that things which inconvenience me are also going to inconvenience many millions of other people too. And much bigger inconveniences have been placed on others too.

All you've done since this started is try to point score on the internet and make your ultimately very wrong opinion sound correct through everything you post in here. Sorry if I don't believe you actually feel bad. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

All you've done since this started is try to point score on the internet and make your ultimately very wrong opinion sound correct through everything you post in here. Sorry if I don't believe you actually feel bad. 

Fine by me that you think that, virtually every opinion you've had is wrong, I'd be deeply concerned if that changed here.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Fine by me that you think that, virtually every opinion you've had is wrong, I'd be deeply concerned if that changed here.

Oh the irony .... oh my. Go and cry over a little face mask on the bus and stop pretending you give a flying fuck about anyone else's funeral arrangements. 

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Amazing. 

You don't know how the vaccines work, do you? 

Is this the bit where you pretend that they told you the vaccines would still allow you to spread the virus and get infected and end up in hospital? 

Or was it more like this:

Updated Pfizer Data Shows Vaccine Is 95% Effective

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20201118/updated-pfizer-data-shows-vaccine-is-95-effective

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

No sincerity, no humanity in anything you've posted. The most "look at me" guy on this forum. Sad.

Hahahahahaha. I don't give a tuppenny shit whether you think I display humanity, that's never going to come over on the internet anyway, but you'll struggle to find anyone more sincere than me. That's absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

@Code

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-variant-omicron-scotland-sturgeon-b1965965.html

Scottish and Welsh governments trying to pressure the British government into having an eight day isolation period for arrivals in the UK.

Presumably they'll also be refunding all the plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, PCR tests, etc...

God forbid.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Hahahahahaha. I don't give a tuppenny shit whether you think I display humanity, that's never going to come over on the internet anyway, but you'll struggle to find anyone more sincere than me. That's absolutely hilarious.

No self awareness either, it seems. Sheesh.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha jesus fucking wept 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Is this the bit where you pretend that they told you the vaccines would still allow you to spread the virus and get infected and end up in hospital? 

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20201118/updated-pfizer-data-shows-vaccine-is-95-effective

What they told us is immaterial. I'm glad that you seem to be working out why that tweet you posted is complete nonsense though. We got their eventually. 

Yes, you already confirmed you don't have a clue about me.

Painfully high levels of self-awareness are what has held me back in my life more than anything.

Clown.

Gold, absolute gold. Up there with Joe Exotic. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, you already confirmed you don't have a clue about me.

Painfully high levels of self-awareness are what has held me back in my life more than anything.

Clown.

Want me to keep listing off qualities you don't seem to possess based on how you've acted in this thread? Would take me a while.

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Have you even read the article? It doesn't mention anything about stopping transmission. It also says that 5% of recipients might still get severe covid. 

So, the article pretty much tells us the list of "pretend" things that you mention in your first paragraph. If you posted the article to rebut your opening paragraph, it actually doesn't do that. At all. 

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

That was against the Alpha variant. The Delta one is more infectious, reducing efficacy against infection to possibly as low as 40%. Even so, it's still highly effective against hospitalisations and deaths as we've seen over the last 6 months or so.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-how-well-covid-19-vaccines-work-against-the-delta-variant#Vaccines-vs.-Delta-variant

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I remember all these promises about the vaccines preventing both mild and severe Covid.  Funny how the goalposts shift.  And to think I got told off for using the word "prevent". 

Out of the 170 COVID-19 cases, 162 were in the placebo group, and eight were in the vaccine group. Of the 10 severe COVID-19 cases in the trial, nine received a placebo, which suggests the vaccine prevents both mild and severe forms of the disease.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Mrs was in tears before as we're heading to Northern Ireland for Christmas and her dad has got cancer, she's worried we're going to get a last minute shafting again and won't be allowed to go like last year.

It's shit this, really shit.

When they look back at this era in the history books they'll realise the amount of misery, suffering, missed diagnoses, loneliness, loss of livelihood, mental illness and all the other shit that's been caused far, far outweighed the harm done by the actual spikey little bastard itself. 

This pandemic has just captured and enhanced all the worst parts of our modern world, the social media misinformation and general hysteria, the lack of professionalism and expertise and morals in our political system and media, the inability of wider society to cope with any advertisty, the selfishness, the desire to turn everything into right/left point scoring.

That is such a sad post. I know how your missus feels , having gone through something similar with my dad in April 2020. You are right this virus has fucked up so much.