You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

17 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I lost an uncle to this in July, my lad had it two weeks and lost 2 stone. This shit is not going away any time soon. Wear a mask, take precautions, stay well.

Sorry to hear that. Its devastating to watch somebody close struggle and pass on. My dad was hospitalised with cancer after covid broke. I couldnt fly in to say goodbye and my UK family members couldnt visit.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, the evidence that he cites is the fact that transmission of the Delta variant has been similar in Scotland and England, despite the different approaches each country has taken since July.

All of the data is out there if you want to try and prove that the Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Oxford is talking bollocks. 

Yeah so still nothing of substance as per usual. Embarrassing 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, the evidence that he cites is the fact that transmission of the Delta variant has been similar in Scotland and England, despite the different approaches each country has taken since July.

All of the data is out there if you want to try and prove that the Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Oxford is talking bollocks. 

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-07-08-oxford-covid-19-study-face-masks-and-coverings-work-act-now

Just now, Pureblood said:

No, but it's not a million miles away.

But it’s not happened, you were chatting bollocks. Thanks. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think they should be forced on anyone. I also think anyone selfish enough to cry like a bitch about wearing a mask or not get it is a bit of a tosser. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

CapeRed is talking about it. Mandatory jabs is what he wants. How else are you going to do it? Pureblood will not be coming quietly and peaceably. 

Yep I believe , unfortunately , that voluntarily is not going to work because of this crazy belief around personal freedom and choices. I choose to lower the chances of me going into ICU and not coming out and also perhaps helping to reduce the spread as my antibodies can fight off the virus.

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Sorry to hear that. Its devastating to watch somebody close struggle and pass on. My dad was hospitalised with cancer after covid broke. I couldnt fly in to say goodbye and my UK family members couldnt visit.

Sorry to hear that mate, my Mrs was in hospital with cancer last year for 6 weeks and no visiting, heartbreaking.

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

Yep I believe , unfortunately , that voluntarily is not going to work because of this crazy belief around personal freedom and choices. I choose to lower the chances of me going into ICU and not coming out and also perhaps helping to reduce the spread as my antibodies can fight off the virus.

That's a bit fascist if you don't mind me saying. 

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sorry to hear that mate, my Mrs was in hospital with cancer last year for 6 weeks and no visiting, heartbreaking.

Hope she is progressing well mate. Its a kak thing. My old man was in his eighties and decided against treatment. He said life is what it is and he would accept what was coming. 

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This new Omicron variant causes such mild symptoms, sore throat but no or mild cough, and no loss of taste. It's basically a natural vaccine. No wonder the people who have spent billions on vaccines want to scaremonger about it - it's competition for their product.

I'm not so sure it's a worry about worrying the cost of vaccines. They're just protecting their arses after fucking it up last time. 

Despite this though, if it proves this variant is much milder and doesn't kill people, it would seem a win if it can become a dominant strain. 

25 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Quote from Oxford's Prof James Naismith on masks - "The ONS survey results on prevalence shows that the Scottish and English approach to masking although formally different since July has made no meaningful difference to Delta."

The mask wearing hasn't really been observed in Scotland has it? I know we have some Scotland based posters who could confirm. Certainly the krankie woman on Marr yesterday was suggesting the rules have not been getting observed. 

That's a bit fascist if you don't mind me saying. 

No offence taken but I dont agree on it being fascist. I chose to get vaccinated to protect me and also in the hope of slowing down the spread of the virus. People out there talking about it being against their personal freedom are, again IMO, being a tad selfish.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not so sure it's a worry about worrying the cost of vaccines. They're just protecting their arses after fucking it up last time. 

Despite this though, if it proves this variant is much milder and doesn't kill people, it would seem a win if it can become a dominant strain. 

The mask wearing hasn't really been observed in Scotland has it? I know we have some Scotland based posters who could confirm. Certainly the krankie woman on Marr yesterday was suggesting the rules have not been getting observed. 

I live in Wales, and the guidance is still widely followed. 

Just now, CapeRed said:

No offence taken but I dont agree on it being fascist. I chose to get vaccinated to protect me and also in the hope of slowing down the spread of the virus. People out there talking about it being against their personal freedom are, again IMO, being a tad selfish.

Jabbing people against their will is outright fascism. 

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Hope she is progressing well mate. Its a kak thing. My old man was in his eighties and decided against treatment. He said life is what it is and he would accept what was coming. 

My exes grandad did the same. Last few years for us has been like living in a drama series.

2 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I thought your link referred to Scotland (below)?  Surely the data is only useful if you understand the level of observance in both areas? So for instance I'm in London a lot and people on the tube are still broadly speaking using masks - while that's not English law (although I think transport for London say it's compulsory), it certainly skews figures on the English side of the boarder. 

Screenshot_20211129-125500.jpg

40 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It seems to be having a marginal impact on the spread of the virus though. I'm totally uncomfortable with heavily lobbied governments forcing medical procedures on people.

It would appear that it's keeping the mortality rate relatively low though. Look I don't like having to take advise from the Tories on my health any more than anyone else who has followed their corrupt behaviour but in the case of vaccines and masks I think it's the only way forward if we are to control this thing. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m gonna come across as ignorant here as I’m sure there is an answer but if the vaccines don’t prevent transmission then why are people who choose not to have them being selfish?

It’s the lies and rhetoric they spread 

Its happening in Austria.

Is it? 

11 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It isn't, anecdotally the south and west aren't a million miles away from most places with people ignoring/getting complacent.

There'll no doubt be pockets where it's being followed.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m gonna come across as ignorant here as I’m sure there is an answer but if the vaccines don’t prevent transmission then why are people who choose not to have them being selfish?

Because they reduce transmission. And because if you get covid without a vaccine you are more likely to require a hospital bed, causing other knock on effects in the NHS. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3