You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It seems to be having a marginal impact on the spread of the virus though. I'm totally uncomfortable with heavily lobbied governments forcing medical procedures on people.

The injection will definitely slow down the spread it wont stop you getting it either but it definitely reduces the risk of a trip to icu.

This new Omicron variant causes such mild symptoms, sore throat but no or mild cough, and no loss of taste. It's basically a natural vaccine. No wonder the people who have spent billions on vaccines want to scaremonger about it - it's competition for their product.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pureblood said:

Honestly, I'd rather rather have Tracey as Chief Medical Officer flanked by Karen and Stace.  I'd have way more faith. 

It’s selfish clowns who have made this worse. Oh and the actual virus which everyone forgets actually exists. Mask cryers, “I’m losing my liberties” cranks and Karen’s should all be fed to fucking sharks. It really isn’t hard just to use common sense and have a bit of consideration for others. I know you’re not an extreme version of the cunt fella so that’s not aimed at you but anyone who has ever said things like “survival of the fittest” or implied that old people were going to die anyway is a Cunt of the highest order. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Dangerously close to "Boris is doing his best" territory here. Just swap the names. 

145,000 deaths. It's his job to keep that number down, he has failed.  Whitty is incompetent.

Really? Its his job to keep the number down? Whatever happened to taking preventative measures to help yourself? Agreed the UK gov has not covered itself in glory but my view, from afar , is that too many people think that sorting this out is somebody elses problem.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This new Omicron variant causes such mild symptoms, sore throat but no cough, and no loss of taste. It's basically a natural vaccine. No wonder the people who have spent billions on vaccines want to scaremonger about it - it's competition for their product.

More lies there. 

Are you going to tell me what liberties you’re losing or just admit you aren’t losing any and are yet again chatting wham? 

@Code

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covid-variant-omicron-scotland-sturgeon-b1965965.html

Scottish and Welsh governments trying to pressure the British government into having an eight day isolation period for arrivals in the UK.

Presumably they'll also be refunding all the plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, PCR tests, etc...

• Upvote 1

This new Omicron variant causes such mild symptoms, sore throat but no cough, and no loss of taste. It's basically a natural vaccine. No wonder the people who have spent billions on vaccines want to scaremonger about it - it's competition for their product.

Its not the people selling vaccines. Although they have already punted a vaccine to help , its European govs that panicked and immediately stopped flights etc . This was the cause of the panic.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

Quote from Oxford's Prof James Naismith on masks - "The ONS survey results on prevalence shows that the Scottish and English approach to masking although formally different since July has made no meaningful difference to Delta."

Link? 

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

Quote from Oxford's Prof James Naismith on masks - "The ONS survey results on prevalence shows that the Scottish and English approach to masking although formally different since July has made no meaningful difference to Delta."

I'm sure the fact we now have real world data from this country showing how effective mask mandates are will be resolutely ignored.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Really? Its his job to keep the number down? Whatever happened to taking preventative measures to help yourself? Agreed the UK gov has not covered itself in glory but my view, from afar , is that too many people think that sorting this out is somebody elses problem.

Of course it's his job, he's the Chief Medical Officer. At the outset of this we were told 20,000 deaths would be a good result. We've got eight times that many and we're not done yet, so by that very objective measurement Whitty and his colleagues have performed badly. 

I agree that people should take on more personal responsibility, particularly with regard to their behaviour when it comes to mixing indoors, mask wearing and so on. However, people look to their leader to set a good example and ours is walking through Hexham General without a face mask. 

Of course it's his job, he's the Chief Medical Officer. At the outset of this we were told 20,000 deaths would be a good result. We've got eight times that many and we're not done yet, so by that very objective measurement Whitty and his colleagues have performed badly. 

I agree that people should take on more personal responsibility, particularly with regard to their behaviour when it comes to mixing indoors, mask wearing and so on. However, people look to their leader to set a good example and ours is walking through Hexham General without a face mask. 

Yeah the chief medical officer who the likes of the daily Mail call doctor death. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm sure the fact we now have real world data from this country showing how effective mask mandates are will be resolutely ignored.

Correction - ignored and negged.

This is the problem with people who hold faith positions. They hate it when facts and reality challenge their worldview.

Small pox was a sterilising vaccine which prevented transmission. The Covid vaccines are non-sterilising leaky vaccines. There is no comparison. 

It was a mandate, he said mandates were a slippery slope as if we haven't had them before, we have.

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

Johnson is a plonker we know that but you really shouldnt be needing him to set examples. I dont think anybody at the outset of this pandemic could have accurately predicted the numbers . There is a very good probability that this virus was amongst the public in some parts of the world as early as August 2019. The Chinese government keeping it quiet did not help matters.

Correction - ignored and negged.

This is the problem with people who hold faith positions. They hate it when facts and reality challenge their worldview.

Back it up with evidence. You ignore reality and spread your rhetoric and ignore when questioned on it. You push absolute bullshit and have on this thread since the beginning. For the 5th time, what liberties are you losing?