You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Maybe it's all a ploy to catch the more alert, while us sheep are all taking the vaccine and are already submissive they knew you freedom fighters wouldn't so they put the microchips in all the other medicine in the world knowing you'd lap it all up just to stick it to the man.

12 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Been the best bit.

Waking up at 6:58 to start work at 7:00, not having to deal with transport or other people in transport, not having to listen to the same 'how was your weekend' story 15 times as different people roll into work.

Agreed this has been the best part. FWIW I think this virus will be the gift that keeps giving and we are going to have to learn to live with it. Personally I think vaccines should be mandatory , whilst it will not stop you picking up the virus it will almost certainly mean you do not need to be in ICU. I saw two friends go into ICU one came out one didnt, the pain they both went through was awful. The guy who died had complications caused by the virus which led to a massive heart attack. 

18 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Agreed this has been the best part. FWIW I think this virus will be the gift that keeps giving and we are going to have to learn to live with it. Personally I think vaccines should be mandatory , whilst it will not stop you picking up the virus it will almost certainly mean you do not need to be in ICU. I saw two friends go into ICU one came out one didnt, the pain they both went through was awful. The guy who died had complications caused by the virus which led to a massive heart attack. 

Making any non-reversible medical process compulsory is a slippery slope!

How fucking thick is Sturgeon? We have evidence of community spread of a strain which spreads faster than muck, and she's going on about travel restrictions like that's going to put the cat back in the bag.

Just now, Spy Bee said:

Making any non-reversible medical process compulsory is a slippery slope!

How fucking thick is Sturgeon? We have evidence of community spread of a strain which spreads faster than muck, and she's going on about travel restrictions like that's going to put the cat back in the bag.

First reports here are that this new virus had a mild effect but researcher are holding off until they have a couple more weeks data. Understand what you are saying about the vaccines but IMO the current benefits outweigh the risks.

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

First reports here are that this new virus had a mild effect but researcher are holding off until they have a couple more weeks data. Understand what you are saying about the vaccines but IMO the current benefits outweigh the risks.

It should be an individuals choice. Should we ban drinking and sugary foods, should we make all speed limits 15mph? I'm not trying to be flippant, I just think it sets a dangerous precedent.

3 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

It should be an individuals choice. Should we ban drinking and sugary foods, should we make all speed limits 15mph? I'm not trying to be flippant, I just think it sets a dangerous precedent.

Cirrhosis and diabetes are not transmissible . Individual choices are fine so long as they don't seriously endanger others is the line for me.  

58 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

She'd probably talk more sense than Chris Whitty. 

Yeah that expert who actually knows what he’s talking about and facing a very difficult situation has done his best to try and advise how to keep as many safe as possible is a right doctor death isn’t he. Tit 

14 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Understand the point you are trying to make but comparing it to preventative measures for a transmittable disease is not a good comparison IMO.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Would it be that much of a precedent? To me, it is either a pandemic, a huge health crisis, an emergency or it isn't. If it is, individual choice becomes restricted. If the death rate was 10 times the covid death rate I don't think any government would let you choose what will you do.

9 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Cirrhosis and diabetes are not transmissible . Individual choices are fine so long as they don't seriously endanger others is the line for me.  

It seems to be having a marginal impact on the spread of the virus though. I'm totally uncomfortable with heavily lobbied governments forcing medical procedures on people.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah that expert who actually knows what he’s talking about and facing a very difficult situation has done his best to try and advise how to keep as many safe as possible is a right doctor death isn’t he. Tit 

Dangerously close to "Boris is doing his best" territory here. Just swap the names. 

145,000 deaths. It's his job to keep that number down, he has failed.  Whitty is incompetent.