You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

How is she now? 

Had my booster a few weeks ago and like the previous two had no side effects at all bar a soreish arm for a day or two. My booster was the Pfizer and my first 2 were the AZ. Strange the effects it has on different people.  

She’s a bit better today but fuck be it had an effect. The microchip must be bigger in this dose. 

• Upvote 1

Gibraltar is a strange one. The official vaccine data seems to indicate that the amount of two dosed vaccinated people (just shy of 40k) exceeds the actual population of Gibraltar (just shy of 34k).

I'm no expert and might be missing something (if so, I'd genuinely like to know what?) but these figures would suggest that literally their whole population has been fully vaccinated. But, over the past 3 days, there have been 83 new infections recorded in Gibraltar. These are figures for Gibraltan residents. Of those 83 infections, 41 were unvaccinated. The infection figures are all available on the link below. And, for a greater date range than just the past 3 days, the daily figures are showing a more than negligible proportion of the new infections being unvaccinated people. In some of the daily classes data, the unvaccinated new infections exceed those who were vaccinated. 

It seems strange that there is such a high amount of unvaccinated people showing up in the daily infection figures if we've been led to believe for a few weeks now that literally everyone in Gibraltar was vaccinated? 

Dodgy figures? I'm/others misinterpreting them? Lots of Gibraltan residents showing up in the vaccine figures who were actually unvaccinated when contracting the virus? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/gibraltargov

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Gibraltar is a strange one. The official vaccine data seems to indicate that the amount of two dosed vaccinated people (just shy of 40k) exceeds the actual population of Gibraltar (just shy of 34k).

I'm no expert and might be missing something (if so, I'd genuinely like to know what?) but these figures would suggest that literally their whole population has been fully vaccinated. But, over the past 3 days, there have been 83 new infections recorded in Gibraltar. These are figures for Gibraltan residents. Of those 83 infections, 41 were unvaccinated. The infection figures are all available on the link below. And, for a greater date range than just the past 3 days, the daily figures are showing a more than negligible proportion of the new infections being unvaccinated people. In some of the daily classes data, the unvaccinated new infections exceed those who were vaccinated. 

It seems strange that there is such a high amount of unvaccinated people showing up in the daily infection figures if we've been led to believe for a few weeks now that literally everyone in Gibraltar was vaccinated? 

Dodgy figures? I'm/others misinterpreting them? Lots of Gibraltan residents showing up in the vaccine figures who were actually unvaccinated when contracting the virus? 

They just change the definition of unvaccinated to include people who've had two jabs but not the booster.

The same sleight of hand is used here to give the impression that most people in hospital are unvaccinated.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Okay. No source then. 

Deductive logic - it's the only thing that would account for such a large discrepancy in the figures.  Unless you can think of something else. 

You can see it reflected in policy, too, e.g. only those who have received their booster will be considered "fully vaccinated" for the purposes of international travel. 

26 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The figures for vaccinations also include Spanish commuters who've had the vaccine administered in Gibraltar, I'm pretty sure there will be unvaccinated adult residents too. Also, the figures reported for new cases seem to be predominantly in the younger age groups who aren't eligible for the vaccine yet- e.g.

22 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Deductive logic - it's the only thing that would account for such a large discrepancy in the figures.  Unless you can think of something else. 

You can see it reflected in policy, too, e.g. only those who have received their booster will be considered "fully vaccinated" for the purposes of international travel. 

What’s your opinion on the deaths to transmission rate dropping dramatically since the introduction of the vaccines ? 

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Mrs HL has just had her booster, Pfizer after two jabs of Astra Zenica. No sign of any reaction or side effect as yet, she's still the same narky cow as always.

Sneer at her and call her a sheeple, tell her she’s affecting your freedoms and all that absolute fucking rubbish the thick selfish twats come out with. See if she’s still narky 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sneer at her and call her a sheeple, tell her she’s affecting your freedoms and all that absolute fucking rubbish the thick selfish twats come out with. See if she’s still narky 

She's still narky mate. Anybody would think I enjoyed having bad guts and stinking the place out.

Farting in the car, a lot, probably didn't help mind.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I saw his video. There was a bit of "oh fuck is he a loon now?" in the comments. 

I don't think he was really "pushing" any one theory, although I could be wrong. 

I don't think he made any claims. Just stated some facts and outlined some anomalies which we cannot currently explain. It's very odd.

This new variant sounds like it could be a godsend. I hope we really do have an incredibly contagious but very mild version of the virus. Fingers crossed!

18 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't think he made any claims. Just stated some facts and outlined some anomalies which we cannot currently explain. It's very odd.

This new variant sounds like it could be a godsend. I hope we really do have an incredibly contagious but very mild version of the virus. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, that would ace. It either fucks off or just becomes another common cold. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

What’s your opinion on the deaths to transmission rate dropping dramatically since the introduction of the vaccines ? 

I think the vaccines have saved lives, especially for people 65+ and those in at risk categories.  If I was ten/twenty years older, I'd definitely have it.

For younger people, I don't think the risk/benefit ratio is clear because the risks haven't been properly quantified.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, that would ace. It either fucks off or just becomes another common cold. 

I swear I read somewhere a few months ago that by April 2022’ it’ll be no more deadly than a common cold.  Here’s hoping

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Also, the figures reported for new cases seem to be predominantly in the younger age groups who aren't eligible for the vaccine yet- e.g.

It would be more honest to call them "ineligible" rather than unvaccinated. Same sort of sleight of hand as I was on about.

Interesting that out of the remainder, almost all are vaccinated. I thought the vaccine was supposed to help prevent transmission.

46 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

It would be more honest to call them "ineligible" rather than unvaccinated. Same sort of sleight of hand as I was on about.

Interesting that out of the remainder, almost all are vaccinated. I thought the vaccine was supposed to help prevent transmission.

No, it reduces transmission. Given that the vast majority of people are vaccinated there, then you're going to see more cases in vaccinated people than unvaccinated.

There's been 1 Covid-related death in Gibraltar in the last 3 months. The vaccines work.

image.png