You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Well knock me down with a feather, he's been fact checked. Didn't see that one coming at all. 

I know. Mad. Almost as mad as him making a freedom of information request and then asking for all the usual rules and customs of such requests to be abandoned and then when they weren't selling this to people as a big cover up, when it's anything but that. 

He's requested over 300,000 pages of information. Everybody knows that government bodies have a right to review and redact information before releasing it. Yet, he makes out like this is something unusual and sinister. 

Maybe he's been on the horse paste too? 

16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If you want to post something that resembles actual fact to this thread instead of conspiracy shite from grifters all the time, post a RCT once in a while.

The GovCorp response to this pandemic often reads more like conspiracy shite from grifters to me, I'm sure a few more RCT's posted in threads on the internet will stop the world getting closer to totalitarianism from all of these official covid measures that seem to be working really well so far though, so I'll keep that in mind cheers.

9 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

This is a typical response, attacking the messenger and not the message. 

Every alternative view is met with a chorus of "he's a random cunt", "he's a vet", "no wait, he's a grifter". 

Yet the arguments themselves are never taken on. 

Interesting to witness. 

That's not it at all. I'm attacking a random guy's opinion because I think he has angle, just as others seem to attack mainstream media because they believe they have one too. I don't see how it's any more noble to believe an epidemiologist with an alternative opinion than it is to believe say, CNN or the BBC.

Plus, I did talk about his argument. Pretending that pharma companies being protected is unusual, that they don't want to release data, the implications of corruption. What is factual there? It's an angle.

I've just come back from Fuerteventura and mask wearing is compulsory everywhere apart from sitting down to drink or eat or walking down the street, its not a a problem at all. In fact you feel as if you're doing something to help fellow human beings. Bit like having a jab.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

That's not it at all. I'm attacking a random guy's opinion because I think he has angle, just as others seem to attack mainstream media because they believe they have one too. I don't see how it's any more noble to believe a rogue epidemiologist than it is to believe say, CNN or the BBC.

Plus, I did talk about his argument. Pretending that pharma companies being protected is unusual, that they don't want to release data, the implications of corruption. What is factual there? It's an angle.

That's fair, you've been civil and there has been some good back and forth Covid bantz.

You should just stick to the argument though instead of calling him a random cunt. 

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The GovCorp response to this pandemic often reads more like conspiracy shite from grifters to me, I'm sure a few more RCT's posted in threads on the internet will stop the world getting closer to totalitarianism from all of these official covid measures that seem to be working really well so far though, so I'll keep that in mind cheers.

"GovCorp"? What the fuck is that?

27 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

This is a typical response, attacking the messenger and not the message. 

Every alternative view is met with a chorus of "he's a random cunt", "he's a vet", "no wait, he's a grifter". 

Yet the arguments themselves are never taken on. 

Interesting to witness. 

"Astonishing" almost?

Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Which is odd, because for this vaccine it's the opposite. Parental consent isn't required and the child can overrule the parent.

Your parents are medical professionals I seem to remember and fair play to you, you admitted they didn't agree with your stance. I think mummy and daddy know better.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Your parents gave their consent for those, not you.  

There’s a phrase for this isn’t there? Can’t remember it, but you set the parameters so they are impossible and then pretend to be reasonable.  You want a vaccine that is better than any vaccine yet developed and then years of safety data and then you’ll join in? Nah, not for me.  You’re a hypocrite and a cunt.  Although that’s not news. 

Haha.

Not sure if it's been mentioned (buggered if I'm scrolling through this thread!) but I just heard that the US party-political nonsense over Covid vaccines has spilled over into the flu vaccine: Republicans are about 20 percentage points less likely to get a flu jab than Democrats. (Until this year, supporters of the two parties were about equally likely to get the flu jab.)

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned (buggered if I'm scrolling through this thread!) but I just heard that the US party-political nonsense over Covid vaccines has spilled over into the flu vaccine: Republicans are about 20 percentage points less likely to get a flu jab than Democrats. (Until this year, supporters of the two parties were about equally likely to get the flu jab.)

It's a cull of fucking idiots. Shame.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

What a strategy, killing off your voters. 

I guess it's a fine balancing act between exploiting a public health crisis for political gain and killing off the dickheads who swallowed your rhetoric. Still, as long as the grifters keep coining it in and the people pulling their strings are all safely vaxxed up, it's probably worth it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I guess it's a fine balancing act between exploiting a public health crisis for political gain and killing off the dickheads who swallowed your rhetoric. Still, as long as the grifters keep coining it in and the people pulling their strings are all safely vaxxed up, it's probably worth it.

What's the demographic of the dickheads you speak of here? Who is your typical rhetoric swallowing dickhead?