You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Ha ha. A lot of them post pro bean diatribes on the breakfast thread. That’s a niche sub set, proud anti Vaxxer and pro beaner. 

Negged. I’m getting fed up with you running around this website being a blatant beanist, when you know full well that the data shows that minority anti-beaners are nothing more than noisy shitbags.

Take your beans and shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

ONS figures released today show that 1 in 4 in England who have tested positive for Covid ignore self isolation rules. 

Selfish cunts. 

Hardly surprising considering the example of the incumbent loathsome, parasitical, lying, sociopathic sacks of cum in government. 

If Ivermectin keeps people alive why would big pharma be against it? There was a 80 year old around the corner from me that died last year, pretty sure Pfizer haven't sold her any drugs in recent months. I bet they have made a few quid from her husband though given the fact he's is still alive and breathing. 

16 hours ago, No2 said:

If Ivermectin keeps people alive why would big pharma be against it? There was a 80 year old around the corner from me that died last year, pretty sure Pfizer haven't sold her any drugs in recent months. I bet they have made a few quid from her husband though given the fact he's is still alive and breathing. 

Alive, and just sick enough to keep needing drugs, is the big pharma nirvana.

38 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Day 3 of isolation and I'm fucking bored, have to do this until the 2nd. At the minute it's a runny nose only but I'm sticking to the bedroom and bathroom as I don't want to mass disinfect the house afterwards because I'm a lazy fuck.

"Skend!"

"What?!"

"It's the 2nd!"

SRs.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Day 3 of isolation and I'm fucking bored, have to do this until the 2nd. At the minute it's a runny nose only but I'm sticking to the bedroom and bathroom as I don't want to mass disinfect the house afterwards because I'm a lazy fuck.

Mass disinfecting the place is a bit (a lot) of an overreaction. If you live alone, roam free. 

It’s not the bubonic plague. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mass disinfecting the place is a bit (a lot) of an overreaction. If you live alone, roam free. 

It’s not the bubonic plague. 

It is but I can be a bit of a germs freak. I know you only really need to clean the easily touched surfaces but I'll end up ordering an industrial steam cleaner or something equally stupid.

From Ed Snowden last year. Maybe something to keep in mind when it comes to mandates, passes and whatever could later be added to them :

As authoritarianism spreads, as emergency laws proliferate, as we sacrifice our rights, we also sacrifice our capability to arrest this slide into a less liberal and less free world. Do you truly believe that when the first wave, this second wave, the 16th wave of the coronavirus is a long forgotten memory, that these capabilities will not be kept? That these datasets will not be kept? Will those capabilities begin to be applied to small time criminality? Will they begin to be applied to politicial analysis? Will they begin to be applied for doing things like performing a census? Will they be used for political polling? No matter how it is being used, what is being built is the architecture of oppression.

These systems if we do not change them will not simply be used to monitor our health, they're going to make decisions for us on an automated basis. To determine who gets a job, who goes to school, who gets a loan, who gets a home, and who does not. And we today are being asked in a moment of extraordinary fear : what do we want these systems to look like? And if we don't make that decision ourselves, it will be made for us.

The full interview is here :

• Upvote 1

https://patch.com/illinois/naperville/covid-patient-given-ivermectin-edward-improving-report

According to Daily Herald, lawyers for the family said Sun Ng was given ivermectin for five days. After the treatment, attorneys said Ng removed his breathing tube and was taken out of intensive care.

Joseph Monahan, a lawyer who represents Edward Hospital, countered that Ng had shown improvement prior to being given ivermectin. "Monahan also said the hospital was unable to confirm the contents of the drug given because the doctor obtained it online from India," Daily Herald reports.

Lawyers for Ng and Edward Hospital did not immediately respond to Patch's request for more information and comment Wednesday afternoon.

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

https://patch.com/illinois/naperville/covid-patient-given-ivermectin-edward-improving-report

According to Daily Herald, lawyers for the family said Sun Ng was given ivermectin for five days. After the treatment, attorneys said Ng removed his breathing tube and was taken out of intensive care.

Joseph Monahan, a lawyer who represents Edward Hospital, countered that Ng had shown improvement prior to being given ivermectin. "Monahan also said the hospital was unable to confirm the contents of the drug given because the doctor obtained it online from India," Daily Herald reports.

Lawyers for Ng and Edward Hospital did not immediately respond to Patch's request for more information and comment Wednesday afternoon.

Anecdote not evidence. 

Remember the Simpsons episode when Homer invents a cure for the cold?  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Anecdote not evidence. 

Remember the Simpsons episode when Homer invents a cure for the cold?  

There are millions using it in Indonesia, Japan, Uttar Pradesh and elsewhere.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/uttar-pradesh-government-says-ivermectin-helped-to-keep-deaths-low-7311786/

Uttar Pradesh government says early use of Ivermectin helped to keep positivity, deaths low

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

There are millions using it in Indonesia, Japan, Uttar Pradesh and elsewhere.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/uttar-pradesh-government-says-ivermectin-helped-to-keep-deaths-low-7311786/

Uttar Pradesh government says early use of Ivermectin helped to keep positivity, deaths low

Weird how none of this translates to RCTs though. Almost as if governments with no vaccines are trying to keep people happy.  

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Weird how none of this translates to RCTs though. Almost as if governments with no vaccines are trying to keep people happy.  

It does translate to RCTs, I posted the link on the other page. You may choose not to accept them, but there have been many trials showing a positive benefit.

The only thing wrong with the evidence on ivermectin is the constant effort to undermine it.