You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep gonna call them shortly mate. I don't really get pain in my lungs like you though, just feel like someone's sat on my chest sometimes. I also don't think I'm breathing normally. 

This virus, twat. 

Hope it's nothing serious.

Please make sure you don't leave the theme tunes tournament unfinished. Be like YorkshireRed and get your affairs on here in order before you depart.

• Upvote 3

I'm meant to be going to London for a couple of days from tomorrow. My cough has graduated into power sweats and a general feeling of lethargy and being totally fucking knackered. Walked to the shop just now (6/7 minutes round trip)and came back knackered with my hair looking like I'd just been swimming. 

I'm doing another Covid test now just to rule shit out as I've spent a fair bit of time with my school age nieces and nephew over the past week. Think it's probably just a chest infection (I'm coughing up green lumps now) and a bad cold, but traipsing round a chilly London is the last thing on my mind right now. Going to play it by ear and see how I am tomorrow, but can see it getting swerved. I'll be gutted if it is. I'll be out of pocket (not too fussed about that) and was really looking forward to it. 

Fuck you, germs! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I was just putting the finishing touches to my will. I’ve left you the blog. All I ask is that you keep its standards low. My reader likes it that way. 

Thanks for asking, had an up and down weekend but I’m ok. Reading @Bjornebye’s comments about his breathing. That’s been by far the worst for me so far. Totally zaps the energy. 

There are many who’ve had it much worse than me though. I salute them. It’s no walk in the park, even after the double jab. 

Depends what park you are talking about. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

In some ways I'd be happy if we created a situation where access to care from covid was restricted to only those who are double jabbed.

Or:

Companies tell unvaccinated workers to pay more for health insurance

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/22/1056238770/covid-delta-unvaccinated-higher-health-insurance-premiums

5 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm meant to be going to London for a couple of days from tomorrow. My cough has graduated into power sweats and a general feeling of lethargy and being totally fucking knackered. Walked to the shop just now (6/7 minutes round trip)and came back knackered with my hair looking like I'd just been swimming. 

I'm doing another Covid test now just to rule shit out as I've spent a fair bit of time with my school age nieces and nephew over the past week. Think it's probably just a chest infection (I'm coughing up green lumps now) and a bad cold, but traipsing round a chilly London is the last thing on my mind right now. Going to play it by ear and see how I am tomorrow, but can see it getting swerved. I'll be gutted if it is. I'll be out of pocket (not too fussed about that) and was really looking forward to it. 

Fuck you, germs! 

Negative on the Covid. But I've managed to cough my throat raw and have probably been asleep more than I've been awake today. 

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Riots here over the weekend. A lovely mix of football hooligans, covid deniers, the far right, the religious loons from Urk and people either missing the pub or refusing to give up their fireworks. The police shooting into the crowd in Rotterdam didn't help matters.

They should have armed the police with vaccine darts….

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Oh god, please stop the stupid.

This is why I struggle to be arsed when someone says “100,000 people marched against vaccines today” - well, it’s lucky they didn’t create a black hole with that much fucking density in one place.  The fact there are people willing to go on camera and spout this bullshit because they know idiots will be nodding along to it scares me.  These are the people RP and TK Max are in bed with.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It's really annoying that people are having to take time to debunk these flawed/ fraudulent studies. In the meantime, the cunts promoting them just move on to the next set of lies that the terminally gullible lap up. 

I did like these two though-

13 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Negative on the Covid. But I've managed to cough my throat raw and have probably been asleep more than I've been awake today. 

You been using the lateral flow or PCR?

I don't think LFTs work if you have any symptoms.

Just done my 5th day of testing after people came into the office with symptoms and it's come in positive so going for my PCR this morning. Got a bit of phlegm and a funny nose but nothing more than that at the minute, and they aren't official symptoms either.