You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Imagine being taken in by promises of 95% efficacy against symptomatic infection and 100% efficacy against hospitalisation and death just so you can fly to Greece.

Oops, we forgot to tell you, it wanes after four months (!) and you'll need another shot. And another, and another, and another...

Oh can I use your false equivalence?  Because making stuff up bears not resemblance to learning new stuff does it you fucking moron. 

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Covid is a multi billion industry. Little ivermectin is off patent and not sexy enough to challenge behemoth corporations like Pfizer.

But Pfizer doesn't make decisions in China, Russia etc. Also, Pfizer's competitors, all those companies that missed out on vaccines so far (I am always amazed that people don't know there were dozens if not hundreds failed vaccines in development) would be interested to push some version of Ivermectin which they could patent, rather than watching their competitors get stronger.

Or big generic drug making companies would be pressuring their governments. Why would Israel work with Pfizer on a German-made vaccine, and paying above the market price when it has one of the biggest generic drug producers in the world in Teva, a company that can flood the world with versions of Ivermectin and make a lot of money.

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Oh can I use your false equivalence?  Because making stuff up bears not resemblance to learning new stuff does it you fucking moron. 

You seem angry about something or at something/someone, but I'm not sure it's the unvaccinated who are the true target.

Are you sure you weren't taken in even a tiny bit about how amazing the vaccine would be? Are you not a little bit disappointed by its performance? Did you honestly expect to have three jabs before the year was out?

Just now, Pureblood said:

You seems angry about something or at something/someone, but I'm not sure it's the unvaccinated who are the true target.

Are you sure you weren't taken in even a tiny bit about how amazing the vaccine would be? Are you not a little bit disappointed by its performance? Did you honestly expect to have three jabs before the year was out?

Oh I’m not angry, I just really dislike you and think you’re a cunt.  

‘Taken in’ implies some sort of conspiracy.  It would be great if they developed a vaccine that didn’t wane.  Hopefully they are under development.  I give blood every three months, so having a needle in my arm doesn’t make me cry on the floor or run and hide in a basement.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But Pfizer doesn't make decisions in China, Russia etc. Also, Pfizer's competitors, all those companies that missed out on vaccines so far (I am always amazed that people don't know there were dozens if not hundreds failed vaccines in development) would be interested to push some version of Ivermectin which they could patent, rather than watching their competitors get stronger.

Or big generic drug making companies would be pressuring their governments. Why would Israel work with Pfizer on a German-made vaccine, and paying above the market price when it has one of the biggest generic drug producers in the world in Teva, a company that can flood the world with versions of Ivermectin and make a lot of money.

Pfizer wields enormous power. They have secretive contracts with governments, shady handling of trial data, massive influence on regulatory agencies at national and supranational level. 

Ivermectin has none of these things. 

It probably helps explain why vaccines are popular and ivermectin is up against all sorts of pushback, in my opinion.

Ivermectin can not be patented, anyone can make it.  I don't think there's much money to be made from it, everyone thinks it's a horse dewormer.

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Pfizer wields enormous power. They have secretive contracts with governments, shady handling of trial data, massive influence on regulatory agencies at national and supranational level. 

It probably helps explain why vaccines are popular and ivermectin is up against all sorts of pushback, in my opinion.

Ivermectin can not be patented, anyone can make it.

Ivermectin has none of those things?  That’s demonstrably false - all of the trial data showing positive impacts has been found to be falsified or incorrect.  Some of the subjects in one were listed as both dying and surviving. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t read many other threads. Can’t believe it’s been left to me to ask, is @YorkshireRed OK, or what?

Please god, don’t make me have to go looking for the blog.  

I was just putting the finishing touches to my will. I’ve left you the blog. All I ask is that you keep its standards low. My reader likes it that way. 

Thanks for asking, had an up and down weekend but I’m ok. Reading @Bjornebye’s comments about his breathing. That’s been by far the worst for me so far. Totally zaps the energy. 

There are many who’ve had it much worse than me though. I salute them. It’s no walk in the park, even after the double jab. 

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I was just putting the finishing touches to my will. I’ve left you the blog. All I ask is that you keep its standards low. My reader likes it that way. 

Thanks for asking, had an up and down weekend but I’m ok. Reading @Bjornebye’s comments about his breathing. That’s been by far the worst for me so far. Totally zaps the energy. 

There are many who’ve had it much worse than me though. I salute them. It’s no walk in the park, even after the double jab. 

Doesn't it just mate. I feel like shite today. It's freezing out but I've got the back door open while i work just to get some fresh air in. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Ivermectin can not be patented, anyone can make it.  I don't think there's much money to be made from it, everyone thinks it's a horse dewormer.

Why would Pfizer wield an enormous power? It is not even the biggest pharma in the world. There are about five or six of the similar size by revenue in the Top 10. They would presumably all be interested in spoiling Pfizer's vaccine bonanza.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Doesn't it just mate. I feel like shite today. It's freezing out but I've got the back door open while i work just to get some fresh air in. 

You’re probably worse than me today. It comes and goes. Long Covid is a worry though. I’m doing fuck all and I’m still knackered. There’s brain fog as well but, to be fair, that’s as likely to be age and previous lifestyle choices. 

Call me a cunt but I’ve got one of those Apple Watches. All its health measures seem to be telling me I’m completely fucked. I’m not.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Why would Pfizer wield an enormous power? 

Because they're an enormous pharmaceutical company and we're in the middle of a pandemic. They have one of the few authorised products for treatment and so-called prevention on the market, they are making trillions and it's beyond doubt that they have enormous power and influence on how things are proceeding. 

'Funny' thing is, even if Ivermectin did work (and it fucking doesn't), you'd have to take it far more regularly than a vaccine. I'm also pretty sure that it's been reformulated by several companies, and the variants patented. So you've got a potential market of tens of billions of doses under a patent, and yet no reputable pharmaceutical company is bothering with it. Presumably because it doesn't work against Covid. Or of course, Pfizer have sent the boys round.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

'Funny' thing is, even if Ivermectin did work (and it fucking doesn't), you'd have to take it far more regularly than a vaccine. I'm also pretty sure that it's been reformulated by several companies, and the variants patented. So you've got a potential market of tens of billions of doses under a patent, and yet no reputable pharmaceutical company is bothering with it. Presumably because it doesn't work against Covid. Or of course, Pfizer have sent the boys round.

Any small number (the price of an off patent drug for example) x population of earth x by the number of does per year x several hundred years = a very large number indeed.  I mean I can’t see any reason people would make up numbers here can you?  

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I think I might have to mate. See how I feel after today but I defo need to get a check-up. I got up for a piss the other night and when I got back in bed I was catching my breath for about 2 minutes. 

Same with me mate.

I've had a few chest x-rays since leaving hospital and, to my surprise, the most recent one came back completely clear. I can still feel pain in my left lung though, when I'm trying to take a full breath.

I'm just waiting for a date to start a long covid clinic. Get onto your GP Stig, what's to lose?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

But you can’t, because it doesn’t exist. 

id happily sign a waiver for supermodels to suck me to sleep every night. 

In some ways I'd be happy if we created a situation where access to care from covid was restricted to only those who are double jabbed. Except that's likely to become a starting point of removing access to the NHS and we start denying access to other people who need it. As you say, TK's offer to not get treated is valueless. Although I find it amusing he would take ivermectin which has a load of fucking side effects of its own. 

I'm coming round to the idea that to go anywhere but essential shops, you need to be double jabbed. 

Screenshot_20211122-114045.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve had both jabs and also had covid before I had either. It was horrible and my chest still isn’t right since. I woke up a few hours ago hardly able to breath. I’ve felt it coming on for days. I’m glad I’ve had the jabs because I honestly think if I got it again my chest is that fucked from the first time that I’d been in hospital. 

I had covid last January luckily I had only mild cold symptoms. If I went the doctors tomorrow and he said this is what's causing your problem an enlarged left atrial or something then I'd get the booster as soon as I could because I'd know the problem wasn't caused by anything else and it was just coincidence. Until I know I'd be stupid to take the risk my doctor even said as much when he said let's find out the problem first I doubt very much its the vaccine.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Same with me mate.

I've had a few chest x-rays since leaving hospital and, to my surprise, the most recent one came back completely clear. I can still feel pain in my left lung though, when I'm trying to take a full breath.

I'm just waiting for a date to start a long covid clinic. Get onto your GP Stig, what's to lose?

Yep gonna call them shortly mate. I don't really get pain in my lungs like you though, just feel like someone's sat on my chest sometimes. I also don't think I'm breathing normally. 

This virus, twat. 

Just now, suzy said:

Goodness knows what some people on here would do if they had mandatory vaccines like a lot of the countries in Europe are.It’s all getting a bit nasty in some places with riots etc.

I'd weep in the corner, mumbling something about horse paste until the men with the needles take me away. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, suzy said:

Goodness knows what some people on here would do if they had mandatory vaccines like a lot of the countries in Europe are.It’s all getting a bit nasty in some places with riots etc.

What countries with mandatory vaccines? Even Austria said they are considering it from 1 February.