You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Who to trust... the BMJ or some random bloke off a football forum making unsupported claims and giving anecdotes equal billing with real evidence?

It's not unsupported - the BMJ is highly respected, yes, but they do not have a monopoly on science.

There's a summary of the evidence in favour of ivermectin here, but I doubt that it will penetrate your outer shield of smug self-satisfaction.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/

25 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

I think there will be a law of diminishing returns with the booster and subsequent boosters.  There is an example of this on the thread with Bobby Hundreds.  Do you think he's a "science-denying moron"?  I would give him more respect than that, and would say he has a genuine reason to turn down his booster. 

A tiny minority of people will have medical reasons why, on balance, it's best for them not to have the vaccine.

Only a science-denying moron would generalise from them to the whole population.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A tiny minority of people will have medical reasons why, on balance, it's best for them not to have the vaccine.

Only a science-denying moron would generalise from them to the whole population.

Okay, if you say so.

I defer to your indefatigable wisdom. 

7 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

It's not unsupported - the BMJ is highly respected, yes, but they do not have a monopoly on science.

There's a summary of the evidence in favour of ivermectin here, but I doubt that it will penetrate your outer shield of smug self-satisfaction.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/

Even that doesn't appear to claim that Invermectin reduces transmission.

As for smugness, bear in mind that you are the one claiming to know better than almost the entire UK medical and scientific community. I'm a little more humble than that.

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As for smugness, bear in mind that you are the one claiming to know better than almost the entire UK medical and scientific community. I'm a little more humble than that.

If you scroll down there's a chart showing a number for prophylaxis and it is also talked about at length in the various links provided on the page. 

I do not claim to know better than anyone, I am merely stating my case based upon the information I have learned from others and from my own experiences.  I am at liberty to do that, you are at liberty to believe what you want and ingest whatever you want into your body.  Live and let live, brother. 

I'm not anti vaccine I've had both jabs, I think people should get both jabs the risk of side effects being small. Since my second jab I've not been the same, I've been for blood tests had urine samples, heart scan, supposed to have an echocardiogram but when I phoned with my referral they said the were busy and could I phone back in a few weeks. For 2 weeks I couldn't walk in a straight line. It might have fuck all to do with the jab but because I don't know the cause I'm not prepared to get the booster, I'm not saying I won't in the future but my vertigo is only just disappearing I want to either feel healtht or know the reasons before I take another jab. I'm being prudent with my own health, ill still follow every precaution to protect others.

It should be a big red flag when you have a group of people allied with corrupt pharma corps, corrupt governments and a corrupt media, raging against a minority of people like it's a hobby as they have their freedom taken from them.

"Truth is on the side of the oppressed."

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It should be a big red flag when you have a group of people allied with corrupt pharma corps, corrupt governments and a corrupt media, raging against a minority of people like it's a hobby as they have their freedom taken from them.

"Truth is on the side of the oppressed."

Don’t be daft RP.

The evidence is reasonably simple, but of course you are allowed your own opinion.

The vaccines reduce the incidence of transmission by about 30-35%. And hospitalisation by around 90%. Those numbers do appear to wane after 4-6 months though.

These are now some of the most widely used and observed medicines in the history of the world, being examined by all sorts of researchers - never mind the government health departments whose entire job it is to manage the safety and effectiveness of medicines - so you can be pretty sure those numbers are good.

I think it’s very fair to question vaccine mandates.
If vaccination reduced the incidence of infection/transmission by a higher number then full vaccination would have the possibility to all but eradicate the virus. Therefore a mandate would be entirely and obviously beneficial to all.

As it is now the link is that the more vaccinated you reduce the strain on the healthcare system, therefore providing doctors with more opportunity to treat other people. So by refusing the vaccine you are, by a small increment, increasing the likelihood of someone else dying from cancer, or living in pain from another problem that can’t be treated.

Is that enough to mandate vaccination?

I think a good communication campaign is better.

You have to acknowledge that some people have fears, irrational or not.
People are also being fed disinformation and don’t have the capacity for a reasoned decision.

It seems very unfair to punish people for being scared, panicked or confused.

You can also question individual countries focusing on vaccinating their populations whilst ignoring the possibility of new variants rising in poorer unvaccinated countries.

• Upvote 2

I don't think there's any excuse for mandating vaccines and that nobody should be forced to have a vaccine that risks injuring or killing them, especially when it starts wearing off after a few months. That'd be repeated government enforced injections that will injure and kill a growing amount of people that never wanted them, many who've already had covid so have a level of immunity already, and I'm never going to agree with it so it's pointless arguing it.

Posting here less has been good for my sanity too (going around in circles arguing can get tiring) so I'm off again for a while.

This is a short read, maybe worth it for some on here : COVID-19: stigmatising the unvaccinated is not justified

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

All of the studies in that meta analysis that show a benefit of ivermectin have been withdrawn.  The data was either made up or just wrong.  Imagine being taken in by that just to maintain edge Lord status. 

• Upvote 1

I never thought I'd agree in any way with RP, but I'm not happy with mandatory vaccinations either. Do I think people should have the vaccine? Yes! Have I been vaccinated? Yes!

However not everybody is comfortable with vaccinations. I've advised my children to have theirs but my son who has adhd will not entertain any medical intervention (he won't even do COVID tests) and my elder daughter has made the conscious decision not to have it. My youngest is too young to be offered it.

I'd much rather they had their vaccines, but I'm not going to strong arm them, and nobody else should be strong armed either.

Anti-vaxxers are IMHO usually nutcases, and I'm not becoming one, but there should be a choice. Encourage people to be vaccinated, but don't vilify them if they decide not to be.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm not anti vaccine I've had both jabs, I think people should get both jabs the risk of side effects being small. Since my second jab I've not been the same, I've been for blood tests had urine samples, heart scan, supposed to have an echocardiogram but when I phoned with my referral they said the were busy and could I phone back in a few weeks. For 2 weeks I couldn't walk in a straight line. It might have fuck all to do with the jab but because I don't know the cause I'm not prepared to get the booster, I'm not saying I won't in the future but my vertigo is only just disappearing I want to either feel healtht or know the reasons before I take another jab. I'm being prudent with my own health, ill still follow every precaution to protect others.

I’ve had both jabs and also had covid before I had either. It was horrible and my chest still isn’t right since. I woke up a few hours ago hardly able to breath. I’ve felt it coming on for days. I’m glad I’ve had the jabs because I honestly think if I got it again my chest is that fucked from the first time that I’d been in hospital. 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve had both jabs and also had covid before I had either. It was horrible and my chest still isn’t right since. I woke up a few hours ago hardly able to breath. I’ve felt it coming on for days. I’m glad I’ve had the jabs because I honestly think if I got it again my chest is that fucked from the first time that I’d been in hospital. 

Have you been for any breathing tests mate? You should ask for a referral to one of those long Covid clinics, might be able to box you off with some roids or something. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Have you been for any breathing tests mate? You should ask for a referral to one of those long Covid clinics, might be able to box you off with some roids or something. 

I think I might have to mate. See how I feel after today but I defo need to get a check-up. I got up for a piss the other night and when I got back in bed I was catching my breath for about 2 minutes. 

One thing I don't get about Ivermectin, if the results are indeed good, what would be the reason for the health care authorities not to prescribe it as a Covid cure? Because they would rather have full hospitals and ICU wards, have people dying and continue with vaccination campaigns just to spite people?

And that would be done by all world governments, all of a sudden capable of reaching the same position without any fuss whatsoever, because, as we know,  they normally do that about all other issues.

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

One thing I don't get about Ivermectin, if the results are indeed good, what would be the reason for the health care authorities not to prescribe it as a Covid cure? Because they would rather have full hospitals and ICU wards, have people dying and continue with vaccination campaigns just to spite people?

And that would be done by all world governments, all of a sudden capable of reaching the same position without any fuss whatsoever, because, as we know,  they normally do that about all other issues.

It's all a conspiracy by 'big pharma' and corrupt authoritarian governments. Man.

The fact that all these governments could save a fortune and get everything moving again if Ivermectin did work is neither here nor there...

30 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Covid is a multi billion industry. Little ivermectin is off patent and not sexy enough to challenge behemoth corporations like Pfizer.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

All of the studies in that meta analysis that show a benefit of ivermectin have been withdrawn.  The data was either made up or just wrong.  Imagine being taken in by that just to maintain edge Lord status. 

Imagine being taken in by promises of 95% efficacy against symptomatic infection and 100% efficacy against hospitalisation and death just so you can fly to Greece.

Oops, we forgot to tell you, it wanes after four months (!) and you'll need another shot. And another, and another, and another...