You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re not doing a great job of pretending not to be anti-vax anymore. 

It's not anti-vaxx to point out that politifact are full of shit. They're a joke anyway and I shouldn't have got baited by them, should've just ignored it.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

“If people decide ‘I am willing to be a danger to the community by refusing the vaccine’ they should then say well ‘I also have the decency to isolate myself. I don’t want a vaccine but I don’t have the right to run around harming people’.

“That should be a convention. Enforcing is a different question. It should be understood and we should try to get it to be understood.”

I think old Noam (and he is looking very old) is working on the incorrect assumption that people refusing the vaccine are doing so with proper knowledge and good intentions.

Either that or he’s just trolling antivaxxers because he hates stupid people.

Well he's being a bit stupid himself I think too. He's completely ignoring that natural immunity works for a start. How has natural immunity become some type of trigger term for so many people? The pandemic has driven people mad, or they've become so propagandised by the media and governments that it's crazy.

Then there's the fact that the vaccines simply don't stop the spread of the virus properly, and that they do have a risk to them, even if it is small. So it's not really a balanced view. I suppose the people that have lost jobs due to mandates don't matter to him either, some of them that have already had covid and have helped keep things going during the worst of it, that's not really a left wing take I don't think. Maybe those without jobs now can spend their time looking around for food instead and storing it incase they have to withdraw from the community soon.

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You’re not doing a great job of pretending not to be anti-vax anymore. 

To add to this : from what we know the vaccine has the ability to save lives so I'd never say they don't work at all, I was saying this not many pages back too. I just have no interest in that.

I did post several more paragraphs not aimed at anyone but I've got so bored of this now. I find it amazing how the left has gone along with one of the biggest propaganda campaigns in our lifetimes though. I don't really mean one aspect of this either, it's more of a general thing that's ran through a lot of it. Chomsky saying that people being shut out of society for not agreeing to 6 monthly jabs so they can keep some semblance of freedom and finding food would be their own problem is just the latest sign of that.

29 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Well he's being a bit stupid himself I think too. He's completely ignoring that natural immunity works for a start. How has natural immunity become some type of trigger term for so many people? The pandemic has driven people mad, or they've become so propagandised by the media and governments that it's crazy.

Then there's the fact that the vaccines simply don't stop the spread of the virus properly, and that they do have a risk to them, even if it is small. So it's not really a balanced view. I suppose the people that have lost jobs due to mandates don't matter to him either, some of them that have already had covid and have helped keep things going during the worst of it, that's not really a left wing take I don't think. Maybe those without jobs now can spend their time looking around for food instead and storing it incase they have to withdraw from the community soon.

To add to this : from what we know the vaccine has the ability to save lives so I'd never say they don't work at all, I was saying this not many pages back too. I just have no interest in that.

I did post several more paragraphs not aimed at anyone but I've got so bored of this now. I find it amazing how the left has gone along with one of the biggest propaganda campaigns in our lifetimes though. I don't really mean one aspect of this either, it's more of a general thing that's ran through a lot of it. Chomsky saying that people being shut out of society for not agreeing to 6 monthly jabs so they can keep some semblance of freedom and finding food would be their own problem is just the latest sign of that.

4 million deaths in the space of 18 months was certainly alarming 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

4 million deaths in the space of 18 months was certainly alarming 

Agreed, Chomsky is ignoring it in relation to the vaccine though, it should at least be accepted that those that have already had covid might not need it.

If people decide "I am willing to be a danger to the community by refusing the vaccine" they should then say well "I also have the decency to isolate myself."

That's completely nonsensical if they have natural immunity after having had covid recently.

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Agreed, Chomsky is ignoring it in relation to the vaccine though, it should at least be accepted that those that have already had covid might not need it.

That's completely nonsensical if they have natural immunity after having had covid recently.

You are aware you can catch covid more than once right? Also, what about the non vaxxed who are yet to have covid? What do you suggest they do? 

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Shit got real.  The middle classes are going to go mental about this…I’m at Centre Parcs and Brexit has caused a shortage of arrows and the archery classes are being restricted. You heard it here first. 

Oops - wrong thread! 

9e0a7d66a2b22b85f87c5cc978a18132.gif

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

You are aware you can catch covid more than once right? Also, what about the non vaxxed who are yet to have covid? What do you suggest they do? 

I don't have the answers, I wouldn't suggest that they withdraw from the community though and if they need food that's their problem. Seems a bit right wing really.

Elderly Couple Married 66 Years Reunites After 100 Days Apart Due to COVID-19 Restrictions

george-joyce-bell?fimg-ssr-default

An elderly couple who’ve been married 66 years was reunited this week after spending the last 100 days apart due to coronavirus restrictions, the Evening Gazette reports

George Bell, 89, and his 87-year-old wife Joyce, were both admitted to James Cook University Hospital in June after contracting COVID-19. They spent the next four months recovering in separate rooms at the Tollesby Hall Care Home in Middlesbrough, a town in North Yorkshire, England.

One hundred days later, they were reunited.

“I felt like a girl again,” said Joyce, describing how she felt to be reunited with her husband. “I’ve loved the socks off him since I was 17. I can’t tell you how nice it was to see him again.”

Joyce added, “I told him I’d always be there for him, no matter what. He held me tight and said he’d never leave me again for the rest of his life. Now we just sit quietly holding each other’s hand.”

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Elderly Couple Married 66 Years Reunites After 100 Days Apart Due to COVID-19 Restrictions

An elderly couple who’ve been married 66 years was reunited this week after spending the last 100 days apart due to coronavirus restrictions, the Evening Gazette reports

George Bell, 89, and his 87-year-old wife Joyce, were both admitted to James Cook University Hospital in June after contracting COVID-19. They spent the next four months recovering in separate rooms at the Tollesby Hall Care Home in Middlesbrough, a town in North Yorkshire, England.

“I felt like a girl again,” said Joyce, describing how she felt to be reunited with her husband. “I’ve loved the socks off him since I was 17. I can’t tell you how nice it was to see him again.”

Joyce added, “I told him I’d always be there for him, no matter what. He held me tight and said he’d never leave me again for the rest of his life. Now we just sit quietly holding each other’s hand.”

Wonderful.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Noticed George has kept quiet there.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Look, if we’d been right about any thing we’d have been able to convince the public…

That's.... amazing. This prick should be up on charges. A public health emergency and he immediately tries to grift off it. Even after being proven wrong repeatedly, time after time, he still thinks it's a matter of presentation. Jesus, fuck him and the dumb cunts who latched onto him.

Anyway, there's still good money to be made from the anti-vax stance.

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's.... amazing. This prick should be up on charges. A public health emergency and he immediately tries to grift off it. Even after being proven wrong repeatedly, time after time, he still thinks it's a matter of presentation. Jesus, fuck him and the dumb cunts who latched onto him.

Anyway, there's still good money to be made from the anti-vax stance.

I said at the time whatever these cunts say is completely consequence free. They can pick up a pet theory, wait for it to be discredited and then jettison it for the next one.  Morons on here, the usual suspects, do the same. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I said at the time whatever these cunts say is completely consequence free. They can pick up a pet theory, wait for it to be discredited and then jettison it for the next one.  Morons on here, the usual suspects, do the same. 

Yep. Normally, this wouldn't matter too much, aside from allowing dickheads to annoy people.

Covid though, they're killing people because of their utter stupidity. This really wasn't complicated and yet this selfish philosophical cancer of 'freedom' has made everything so much worse. The government's a disaster, but not everything they ask you to do is an attempt to grind you into the dust.

Wear a mask, don't be a prick, be patient, get vaccinated.

I think I said before, but can you imagine if the vaccines had been restricted to the 'elite' or cost ten grand and the rest of us had been told to just got on with things?

• Upvote 2