You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2021/oct/20/uk-politics-live-kwasi-kwarteng-lockdown-covid-cases-coronavirus-johnson-starmer?page=with:block-6170314b8f083841e250b21b#block-6170314b8f083841e250b21b

Closing, Javid directly links the ability to enjoy Christmas this year to continuing to come forward for jabs and following other measures his government is declining to make compulsory, such as wearing masks indoors in public places.

46 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What a gang of clueless, daft cunts. 

I bet they actually believe that half of the shit they spouted is genuinely enforceable law and that the NHS are quaking in their boots. Whereas sane and rational thinking people just think that they're just a bunch of complete cunts. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1450847697892696086

Fucking morons. 

At least that main dickhead kept his cool. When these tits do stuff like that they’re usually quivering and out of breath, like they think someone’s gonna smack them. 

It's that bad you almost think it's parody. Why have the head-cases who think they know more than experts pretty much since day one resorted to lies and just making stuff up???? "It's legal, legally you have too" absolute bollocks. Narcissist whoppers that do more damage to this world and humanity than any good. They all need a good fucking kicking. I did like the nurses pretty much buzzing off them. Gimps the lot of them

Digital/covid ID passes covered here in a lot of detail, one of the best things I've read in a while : Public health or private wealth? How digital vaccine passports pave way for unprecedented surveillance capitalism

The size of it looks stupid but if you quickly skip past the tweets and images it can be read through faster than expected.

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Javid is a money man through and through that reads Rand to his Mrs on their anniversary, the prospect of him ever putting health above the economy is zero.

Correct, that is why he has been installed as the health secretary by a government that doesn't give a shit about human life.

Other than their own.

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Digital/covid ID passes covered here in a lot of detail, one of the best things I've read in a while : Public health or private wealth? How digital vaccine passports pave way for unprecedented surveillance capitalism

The size of it looks stupid but if you quickly skip past the tweets and images it can be read through faster than expected.

Not read the content of the article yet but you really need to start moderating what you use as news sources, I think it might help you.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What a gang of clueless, daft cunts. 

I bet they actually believe that half of the shit they spouted is genuinely enforceable law and that the NHS are quaking in their boots. Whereas sane and rational thinking people just think that they're just a bunch of complete cunts. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1450847697892696086

Why is it that these cunts always seem to have somebody in camouflage or mock military gear?

It's all a bit hard to gauge isn't it. People calling for masks, vaccine passports and working from home etc. but this is already the situation in Wales and cases are rising similarly to what they are in England. Sweden and other countries with no measures have lower cases. There doesn't seem to be a tangible link between much.

I wonder if all information had been fed into an AI system, how much more successfully we would have handled the pandemic. There are scientists with entirely conflicting views, never mind laymen, and it seems that myopic self interest and emotion have been the enemy of logic.

35 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not read the content of the article yet but you really need to start moderating what you use as news sources, I think it might help you.

Erm, it's Max Blumenthal's site and he co-wrote the article. I'd read there over The Guardian or whatever other related shite any day of the week. I've read his stuff for several years and think he's a great writer/journo.

After checking the about section it looks like John Pilger would agree too : https://thegrayzone.com/about/

34 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

A pro-Kremlin, Uyghur genocide denying regular of the Russian and Chinese state media is a red flag.

(though I bow to your wisdom as you clearly know far more about it than I do).

I guess you clicked on the link of the Republican there that thought the site was "deeply disturbing." Good to know you share his views!

I'll just leave this here from the article anyway :

As the military surveillance firm and NATO contractor Thales recently put it, vaccine passports “are a precursor to digital ID wallets.”

And as the CEO of iProove, a biometric ID company and Homeland Security contractor, emphasized to Forbes, “The evolution of vaccine certificates will actually drive the whole field of digital ID in the future. So, therefore, this is not just about Covid, this is about something even bigger.”

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Ah thought you had done after looking at the link. Michael McCaul, you can see him on the about page there.

Oh, no sorry I didn't.

Like I said, as a long time reader you obviously will know far more about him and the website than I do so there may be reasons for those stances but on the face of it they're red flags.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Oh, no sorry I didn't.

Like I said, as a long time reader you obviously will know far more about him and the website than I do so there may be reasons for those stances but on the face of it they're red flags.

I'm not really bothered about the red flag stuff, am used to seeing people that report on US imperialism or Democrats smeared at this point and I just read/listen to what the writers/journos are saying instead and decide from there. Maybe it's partly from seeing US liberals smear leftists for years on end that makes me shut it out too to an extent.

Pfizer and BioNTech announced on Thursday that a booster shot of their coronavirus vaccine restores full protection against COVID-19.

The companies said that a late-stage clinical trial found that the booster was 95.6 percent effective against symptomatic COVID-19. 

The efficacy results are the first from any randomized, controlled trial of a COVID-19 booster, they said. 

The trial followed 10,000 individuals ages 16 and older who were given either a booster dose or placebo on average 11 months after completing the initial two doses of the vaccine.

During the study period, only five cases of COVID-19 were seen in the booster group, while 109 were seen in those who had not been given the booster. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pfizer and BioNTech announced on Thursday that a booster shot of their coronavirus vaccine restores full protection against COVID-19.

The companies said that a late-stage clinical trial found that the booster was 95.6 percent effective against symptomatic COVID-19. 

The efficacy results are the first from any randomized, controlled trial of a COVID-19 booster, they said. 

The trial followed 10,000 individuals ages 16 and older who were given either a booster dose or placebo on average 11 months after completing the initial two doses of the vaccine.

During the study period, only five cases of COVID-19 were seen in the booster group, while 109 were seen in those who had not been given the booster. 

But what about natural immunity?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people.