You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Grift

One doctor failing to declare something, small time compared to big pharma. I get that vaccines help save people's lives but there's no need to pretend shit like this doesn't happen at the same time. Nobody grifting with ivermectin can match this type of money :

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I didn't say it was actually happening.

The main thing I've been doing is opposing things, not backing. Mandates, passes, online censorship, fascist cops, governments turning authoritarian. I've backed the idea of govs recommending that people aren't deficient in vits and mins and them focusing more on basic health, but that hasn't turned out to be bollocks.

The main issue right now that's turned out to be bollocks is that the vaccine would deal with the pandemic because it doesn't stop the spread properly. Soon to follow could be mandates and covid passes.

Why are you bringing up the idea of people starving? You're the only person with that idea. The thought doesn't cross the minds of any right minded person. 

As for the rest of the nonsense "opposing things". Do you oppose all laws? Where do you draw your line? Having murder as a law could be argued curtails people's freedoms. You can't just oppose things for the sake of it and then throw in random "ideas" and then expect to be taken seriously. 

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

It's been effective at cutting down on people going to hospital and dying so that's good, it hasn't stopped the spread very well though so we're still not sure where this ends. I've never said "the vaccine has been ineffective."

Saying the vaccine doesn't work at all is a red line I have with this thread and I don't go there.

So throughout this pandemic the only way the virus could be contained is locking ourselves in houses. We've lived a pretty normal life since July. The numbers are higher than elsewhere in Europe, but without the vaccine, we'd be locked down again. Clearly the vaccine is good at preventing spread, the evidence is there for all to see. It's not 100%, it's not close to 100%. But it clearly reduces spread. If you give me a choice of being in a room with vaccined people or non-vaccined people, I know which I would be picking. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

One doctor failing to declare something, small time compared to big pharma. I get that vaccines help save people's lives but there's no need to pretend shit like this doesn't happen at the same time. Nobody grifting with ivermectin can match this type of money :

I’d recommend, if you haven’t already, listening to Alex Berenson on Rogan. He covers big Pharma. He’s pro vax and lays into them over their information shred since the pandemic started. 

Answers some questions, raises others and also fills in some gaps of knowledge. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you give me a choice of being in a room with vaccined people or non-vaccined people, I know which I would be picking. 

It depends which people, surely.  For instance, if the vaccinated people are Michael Gove and Matt Hancock, and the unvaccinated ones are Jenny McCarthy and Vanessa Upton.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why are you bringing up the idea of people starving? You're the only person with that idea. The thought doesn't cross the minds of any right minded person. 

As for the rest of the nonsense "opposing things". Do you oppose all laws? Where do you draw your line? Having murder as a law could be argued curtails people's freedoms. You can't just oppose things for the sake of it and then throw in random "ideas" and then expect to be taken seriously. 

Yeah it's strange isn't it? The idea that people who aren't allowed in shops to buy food might starve. I even posted back explaining how it'd probably be extremely rare cases if it happened but I can't be "taken seriously."

It was probably a bit stupid too but it was a response to someone saying that shops shouldn't be forced to allow people to buy food because that could be fascism. But that got skipped past because it's acceptable. Just like saying that people should be forced to drive without a seat belt if they've not had the vaccine a few pages back. No response to that at all, if I'd said something similarly stupid about the other side though guess what would've happened.

I haven't been taken seriously for 6 weeks, doesn't really bother me. Because huge parts of the world have gone a bit crazy incase you didn't notice. They've been hard to take seriously for most of this year too. But it doesn't really matter does it, who gives a fuck about the unclean ones who haven't had the vaccine? Or a hundred other things but ignore it all and say "whataboutism" if it makes it better.

Black Lives Matter if they've had the vaccine. Our heroes saving lives matter if they've had the vaccine. Workers rights only apply if they've had the vaccine. Science matters but only if it's pro-pharma. Protests can be dismissed as right wing if there's too many. Cop brutality can be ignored because the protesters are unclean anyway. Online censorship and big tech working with the government to delete accounts that don't follow the official story is fine too.

Don't worry about that though. All you have to do is say whataboutism and it all magically disappears.

And natural immunity is ignored because it doesn't = $$$ for big pharma. That shows the entire shit show up for what it is instantly.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

At the risk of being Captain Obvious there are folks starving all over the UK - if you are truly concerned about that there are any number of positive actions you can take. 

Yeah I know there's people starving all over and I know that can be helped too which is good.

But notice how it's fine to accept that people are starving, but if the unvaxxed aren't allowed into supermarkets it's suddenly stupid and can't be taken seriously.

It would make things worse.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah it's strange isn't it? The idea that people who aren't allowed in shops to buy food might starve. I even posted back explaining how it'd probably be extremely rare cases if it happened but I can't be "taken seriously."

It was probably a bit stupid too but it was a response to someone saying that shops shouldn't be forced to allow people to buy food because that could be fascism. But that got skipped past because it's acceptable. Just like saying that people should be forced to drive without a seat belt if they've not had the vaccine a few pages back. No response to that at all, if I'd said something similarly stupid about the other side though guess what would've happened.

I haven't been taken seriously for 6 weeks, doesn't really bother me. Because huge parts of the world have gone a bit crazy incase you didn't notice. They've been hard to take seriously for most of this year too. But it doesn't really matter does it, who gives a fuck about the unclean ones who haven't had the vaccine? Or a hundred other things but ignore it all and say "whataboutism" if it makes it better.

Black Lives Matter if they've had the vaccine. Our heroes saving lives matter if they've had the vaccine. Workers rights only apply if they've had the vaccine. Science matters but only if it's pro-pharma. Protests can be dismissed as right wing if there's too many. Cop brutality can be ignored because the protesters are unclean anyway. Online censorship and big tech working with the government to delete accounts that don't follow the official story is fine too.

Don't worry about that though. All you have to do is say whataboutism and it all magically disappears.

And natural immunity is ignored because it doesn't = $$$ for big pharma. That shows the entire shit show up for what it is instantly.

Yet it's the anti-vaccine lot who are the ones harassing school children at the gates and holding placards etc ...... or are you just gonna pretend that isn't happening? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Yet it's the anti-vaccine lot who are the ones harassing school children at the gates and holding placards etc ...... or are you just gonna pretend that isn't happening? 

Of course not, I think it's fucking stupid. You'll not see me pretending that all unvaxxed are sane. I can accept that there's crazy shit out there on both sides, would be good if more of the vaxxed side could accept something similar too though.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Of course not, I think it's fucking stupid. You'll not see me pretending that all unvaxxed are sane. I can accept that there's crazy shit out there on both sides, would be good if more of the vaxxed side could accept something similar too though.

You made some outlandish statements in that post I replied to. Seriously fucking weird. Establishments/airlines etc have a right to want people to be vaccinated as much as you have the right not to take the vaccine. 

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I stopped reading after the bit in bold. We've done that. It's not happening. Anything you say after that you delegitimise by continuing to spout this absolute fucking nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I stopped reading after the bit in bold. We've done that. It's not happening. Anything you say after that you delegitimise by continuing to spout this absolute fucking nonsense. 

OK.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You made some outlandish statements in that post I replied to. Seriously fucking weird. Establishments/airlines etc have a right to want people to be vaccinated as much as you have the right not to take the vaccine. 

I understand that too, it can become a problem though if governments are enforcing mandates that try to dictate what establishments/airlines etc do.

28 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Let's not do that.

30 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So your issue is with a gubmint mandate, not a private business one? 

I have issues with private business ones too but at least they're not blanket mandates across a sector so I can understand them more. Private business mandates can still leave options open, government mandates can be a lot worse.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So basically a "you're not the boss of me" to all and sundry.

If you mean bosses mandating workers to get vaccinated, maybe a good advert for us needing more worker co-ops.

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Are you a Magna Carter man RP?

You mean some old version of the law that authorities ignore anyway? Not really if so.