You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

So, to be clear.  No one is starving to death? That was just hyperbolic nonsense wasn’t it?  

No it wasn't meant to be. If enough supermarkets stopped allowing unvaxxed to get food and there's people that are isolated with no contacts they could end up starving.

Maybe some older people that don't use the internet and decide to go to a food bank or something, until they get so depressed from it that they stop going as much because they no longer see the point in life when they're cut off from being able to go anywhere without being vaxxed. Depression starts getting worse, trips to the food bank get rarer, nobody is checking on them, it's not much of a step from there.

Are there several things the person could've done to avoid things getting that bad? Of course, but there's probably going to be some people that don't do those things for various reasons. Ill health, physically and/or mentally being one.

Cases like that could be extremely rare if they happened, but one person ending up seriously ill or dead because they're not allowed to use a supermarket is one too many. And no, "get vaxxed" isn't the answer to that scenario. There's still choice right? Because if the choice is gone then we have fascism.

I don't care how stupid you think this is, if food can't be bought from supermarkets then rare cases could happen.

I was also being extreme because I was responding to you saying that people serving unvaxxed was fascism. I didn't start posting about the issue saying people were going to starve to death.

11 hours ago, Belarus said:

Am I thicker than I thought, or were those excerpts flashing through too quickly to read? Probably both

The main part was the news reports of the vaccine effectiveness percentages dropping, so even though you can't read it all the percentages can still be seen mostly.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

No it wasn't meant to be. If enough supermarkets stopped allowing unvaxxed to get food and there's people that are isolated with no contacts they could end up starving.

Maybe some older people that don't use the internet and decide to go to a food bank or something, until they get so depressed from it that they stop going as much because they no longer see the point in life when they're cut off from being able to go anywhere without being vaxxed. Depression starts getting worse, trips to the food bank get rarer, nobody is checking on them, it's not much of a step from there.

Are there several things the person could've done to avoid things getting that bad? Of course, but there's probably going to be some people that don't do those things for various reasons. Ill health, physically and/or mentally being one.

Cases like that could be extremely rare if they happened, but one person ending up seriously ill or dead because they're not allowed to use a supermarket is one too many. And no, "get vaxxed" isn't the answer to that scenario. There's still choice right? Because if the choice is gone then we have fascism.

I don't care how stupid you think this is, if food can't be bought from supermarkets then rare cases could happen.

I was also being extreme because I responding to you saying that people serving unvaxxed was fascism. I didn't start posting about the issue saying people were going to starve to death.

We've just spent a year with vulnerable people being banned from going to supermarkets as they were forced to isolate at home. I'm pretty sure as a society we'd work something out. The very idea people will be starving because they can't get a Tesco ready meal is fucking preposterous.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've just spent a year with vulnerable people being banned from going to supermarkets as they were forced to isolate at home. I'm pretty sure as a society we'd work something out. The very idea people will be starving because they can't get a Tesco ready meal is fucking preposterous.

Especially when supermarkets have explicitly come out and said they aren't banning people anyway.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hopefully it is preposterous. I'd like to think that if people couldn't go to supermarkets because they didn't have a vaccination they'd all be checked on properly to make sure they had access to food. I don't know that'd be the case though.

But what's the big deal with what I'm saying anyway? Mandates are fucking preposterous. Covid passes are fucking preposterous. The way governments around the world have ignored almost anything but getting a vaccine as treatment for most of two years is fucking preposterous. People getting censored and banned all over the place online for questioning official covid narratives is fucking preposterous. Police firing rubber bullets at covid restrictions protesters is fucking preposterous.

Maybe I'm just following a trend.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Hopefully it is preposterous. I'd like to think that if people couldn't go to supermarkets because they didn't have a vaccination they'd all be checked on properly to make sure they had access to food. I don't know that'd be the case though.

But what's the big deal with what I'm saying anyway? Mandates are fucking preposterous. Covid passes are fucking preposterous. The way governments around the world have ignored almost anything but getting a vaccine as treatment for most of two years is fucking preposterous. People getting censored and banned all over the place online for questioning official covid narratives is fucking preposterous. Police firing rubber bullets at covid restrictions protesters is fucking preposterous.

Maybe I'm just following a trend.

Yep. What is we need is more whataboutery. Your emotional irrationality is ok because whatabout all the things you disagree with world governments all over the world.

When people are starving due to zero access to food, I think we'll all be talking about it and I would like to think most of us acting on it to stop it happening. Until then it's hysterical nonsense that distracts from from any type of serious discourse. 

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, that's why I'd stopped posting about it until rico turned up and carried it on. I didn't say I thought it was actually happening.

Other than saying people were going to starve to death you barely mentioned it.  

Does it not get tiresome when everything you back turns out to be bollocks? You just seem to shrug your shoulders and wait for the next bandwagon to jump on.  Maybe Barnum was right…

Aren't anti-maskers the same people who despise government surveillance via CCTV?  It's weird because I am vaccinated, and I also wear a mask, so not only am I protected against the worst of Covid but I'm also slipping off the government's radar in public places.  

Which, by the way, I don't give a shit about.  Take my fingerprints, I don't fucking care.  All the 'my privacy' fuckers creep me out. 

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yep. What is we need is more whataboutery. Your emotional irrationality is ok because whatabout all the things you disagree with world governments all over the world.

When people are starving due to zero access to food, I think we'll all be talking about it and I would like to think most of us acting on it to stop it happening. Until then it's hysterical nonsense that distracts from from any type of serious discourse. 

I didn't say it was actually happening.

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Other than saying people were going to starve to death you barely mentioned it. 

9 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

The idea of supermarket staff serving people : fascism. The idea of people starving to death because they can't get food : no comment.

21 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Does it not get tiresome when everything you back turns out to be bollocks?

The main thing I've been doing is opposing things, not backing. Mandates, passes, online censorship, fascist cops, governments turning authoritarian. I've backed the idea of govs recommending that people aren't deficient in vits and mins and them focusing more on basic health, but that hasn't turned out to be bollocks.

The main issue right now that's turned out to be bollocks is that the vaccine would deal with the pandemic because it doesn't stop the spread properly. Soon to follow could be mandates and covid passes.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I didn't say it was actually happening.

The main thing I've been doing is opposing things, not backing. Mandates, passes, online censorship, fascist cops, governments turning authoritarian. I've backed the idea of govs recommending that people aren't deficient in vits and mins and them focusing more on basic health, but that hasn't turned out to be bollocks.

The main issue right now that's turned out to be bollocks is that the vaccine would deal with the pandemic because it doesn't stop the spread properly. Soon to follow could be mandates and covid passes.

Ha ha what fucking rubbish.  

So the vaccine has been ineffective? 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha what fucking rubbish.  

So the vaccine has been ineffective? 

It's been effective at cutting down on people going to hospital and dying so that's good, it hasn't stopped the spread very well though so we're still not sure where this ends. I've never said "the vaccine has been ineffective."

Saying the vaccine doesn't work at all is a red line I have with this thread and I don't go there.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Aren't anti-maskers the same people who despise government surveillance via CCTV?  It's weird because I am vaccinated, and I also wear a mask, so not only am I protected against the worst of Covid but I'm also slipping off the government's radar in public places.  

Which, by the way, I don't give a shit about.  Take my fingerprints, I don't fucking care.  All the 'my privacy' fuckers creep me out. 

Not arsed about privacy, but lives in the remotest part of England. Kinky.

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not arsed about privacy, but lives in the remotest part of England. Kinky.

Dude, it doesn't make a difference if I live in London or Scilly, I just don't give a shit.  And I've lived in both places.  

Data harvesting is fine by me.  Oh shit some ads are tailored to what I search for....ok, cool. 

Stronts, I'm ok.  If you're not then you need to be taking this higher than the GF. 

It's literally chose your own adventure conspiracy theory edition. Either the vaccines are dangerous and will reduce world population by killing people, or governments are trying to control and harm the unvaccinated by starving them and refusing them rights. Whole thing doesn't really compute, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's literally chose your own adventure conspiracy theory edition. Either the vaccines are dangerous and will reduce world population by killing people, or governments are trying to control and harm the unvaccinated by starving them and refusing them rights. Whole thing doesn't really compute, unfortunately.

If only the anti-vax lot realised that the actual virus did just that 

Grift has been brought up in here several times but the idea of "everyone" being vaccinated could be one of the biggest grifts on the planet right now.

There's two options :

1. Not everyone has the vaccine.

2. Global fascism.

Also the fact that if "everyone" is vaccinated there's no control group left to compare with for long term effects, so it makes no scientific sense at all.

So why are we bombarded with media and government clowns telling us that we need "everyone" vaccinated?

Maybe because of the grift : Pfizer adds more lobbying help