You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Have a listen to some of the QAnon in the thread I just linked previously if you want.

They're against vaccine passports, which is fine, it's a civil liberties vs public health debate, they're not against getting vaccinated in the first place. If there's not enough evidence that they'll tip the balance in favour of public health, then they shouldn't get introduced. If there is, then they should be introduced with strict measures, subject to periodic review. There's no need for all this cloak and dagger stuff and dire but vague assertions about 'things becoming clearer'.

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They're against vaccine passports, which is fine, it's a civil liberties vs public health debate, they're not against getting vaccinated in the first place. If there's not enough evidence that they'll tip the balance in favour of public health, then they shouldn't get introduced. If there is, then they should be introduced with strict measures, subject to periodic review. There's no need for all this cloak and dagger stuff and dire but vague assertions about 'things becoming clearer'.

I wasn't intending for it to be cloak and dagger or dire but vague. I didn't think that it looked clear enough so far in this thread looking at the responses I've had so I suggested that it'll become clearer as this goes on if passports/mandates are brought in and expanded on.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I wasn't intending for it to be cloak and dagger or dire but vague. I didn't think that it looked clear enough so far in this thread looking at the responses I've had so I suggested that it'll become clearer as this goes on if passports/mandates are brought in and expanded on.

But what will become clearer?

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just got a letter from Imperial College London asking me to take a test in return for a £30 gift voucher. Something about measuring the levels of Covid in the community. I’ll go along with it and use the voucher to buy the Mega Drive Classics collection for the Switch. 

Did your missus get one as well?

Easy money that.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

This is really mealy-mouthed stuff. What things are 'off' and will 'become clearer'? You 'could leave the thread and never post back' if the response gets worse- in what way would it get worse and why would you not post?

Sorry missed this earlier, wasn't avoiding. Same as last reply to you + I was meaning that even if I wasn't talking about this subject at all/not posting it wouldn't mean it'd not be in the thread eventually.

21 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Authoritarianism.

Why do people like you fixate on the obscure conspiracy theories though?

If you're worried about authoritarianism you could be focusing on the Conservatives plans for Human Rights legislation, workers rights, treatment of the poor and disabled. Are they not glamourous enough, too obvious, causes you'd have to do actual work to fight against?

It always confuses me when the might of the Facebook/Twitter/Forums swing for the fences on the weirdest shit they've followed down the rabbit hole.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If you're worried about authoritarianism you could be focusing on the Conservatives plans for Human Rights legislation, workers rights, treatment of the poor and disabled. Are they not glamourous enough, too obvious, causes you'd have to do actual work to fight against?

It always confuses me when the might of the Facebook/Twitter/Forums swing for the fences on the weirdest shit they've followed down the rabbit hole.

To say it simply, I don't think it's obscure or weird.

Noting this before I'm done for the day in here :

First Minister Mark Drakeford's plan to make Covid passes mandatory for nightclubs and mass events in Wales has been approved by the Senedd amid farcical scenes.

Welsh Labour's high profile policy had seemed set for a humiliating defeat with all three opposition parties pledging to vote against it meaning the vote would have been tied. A tied vote would have left the decision with Presiding Officer Elin Jones who would have been obliged not to allow new legislation onto the statue books.

However Tory MS Gareth Davies, who was joining the meeting remotely, was unable to get onto Zoom to cast his vote. Labour's Covid passes plan passed by 28 votes to 27.

The chamber, which is sitting in a hybrid format with some of the 60 members present and some attending remotedly, could hear an intervention by MS Darren Millar on behalf of his colleague Mr Davies, the MS for Vale of Clwyd. Mr Millar was told by the Presiding Officer that all attempts to get him onto the relevant software had taken place.

It means this vote - which introduces new regulations to all people who live in Wales - was passed simply because of a Zoom error.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/live-updates-senedd-members-vote-21767140

Welcome to the new normal.

11 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I got stopped on a junction near the m25 by some of those insulate Britain crackpots. They each put loads of glue on their hands and arses, sat down in front of the red traffic lights and held each others hands. 

That was a dogging site , Shooter.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

You have the freedom to not get one.

Unless you plan on being in a night club, or large indoor/outdoor event in Wales (and soon Scotland) your freedoms will be in no way impinged and you can go about your life as you wish.

I'm in England so I don't need one. What gets me is that if that article is accurate, anyone in Wales who now needs a covid pass to get in a night club or large event is having to do it because one MP couldn't manage to get on zoom.

If the article is accurate Wales now has a covid pass because someone couldn't get on zoom.

That is completely insane.

13 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Funny how the one they've latched onto is the one the libertarian grifters want them to. You can only assume they're absolutely fine with the rest of the Tory agenda which is actually happening and is squarely aimed at keeping them in power in perpetuity.

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm in England so I don't need one. What gets me is that if that article is accurate, anyone in Wales who now needs a covid pass to get in a night club or large event is having to do it because one MP couldn't manage to get on zoom.

If the article is accurate Wales now has a covid pass because someone couldn't get on zoom.

That is completely insane.

Yeah looks like they've come to the right decision thanks to technology.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Off the red list, motherfuckers!!!

Not been home for a while and not kept up with the news, how is Blighty's green and pleasent, worth a visit?

It's plague island and full of Tory Brexit cunts, I'd stay wherever you currently are.

• Upvote 1