You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

My youngest tested positive this morning, so we've all just been for PCRs. He has a headache and fatigue but no cough or shortness of breath at the moment. He's had one jab, and my wife has just had her booster, so hopefully we'll all be fine. Right pisser though, I was going to take him down to my Mum's next week for half term, so that's out. Doubt I'll be able to see her until next year now.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

My youngest tested positive this morning, so we've all just been for PCRs. He has a headache and fatigue but no cough or shortness of breath at the moment. He's had one jab, and my wife has just had her booster, so hopefully we'll all be fine. Right pisser though, I was going to take him down to my Mum's next week for half term, so that's out. Doubt I'll be able to see her until next year now.

Fingers crossed for him and you all mate.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes.  I was asking him about the law suits challenging the results.  He said they were going to be dynamite and I was asking if he they were. 

Seems a bit touchy.

I get blocked by people I've never had any interaction with. Today I found out I'm blocked by Rav Vadgama from Good Morning Britain. I don't even know who he is. Also that Jayne Sharp twunt. It's fucking weird.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Seems a bit touchy.

I get blocked by people I've never had any interaction with. Today I found out I'm blocked by Rav Vadgama from Good Morning Britain. I don't even know who he is. Also that Jayne Sharp twunt. It's fucking weird.

“Celebrity” Twitter for ya.

Myself and @Total Longo got blocked by Dot from Line Of Duty for giving two wrong names when asked to guess who the next guest on his podcast was. 

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Has anyone ever successfully registered a Covid test result on the NHS app? Being a good citizen, I've tried a couple of times, but it's an interminable ballache, so I've given up part of the way through.

Someone was paid for that app.

I did a couple of months back 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Seems a bit touchy.

They probably just had a look through your timeline 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m blocked. 

He linked to this : https://archive.ph/3I08l

It was originally a Sunday Times article but he posted back in the thread several times with new links because they kept changing the address. Then he gave up and linked to that archive site.

If you want to see any of his twitter stuff you can just log out as well, I don't even have an account there now but still spend way too much time on the site. Am trying to cut back on it at the moment.

Four weeks ago I was being sarcastic about how it was great to see fascism alive and well in Italy with their mandate threats. After spending a fair amount of time since then reading about the pandemic response from govs and corps one of my main thoughts now is that Covid 19 isn't going to get any better by turning it into Covid 1984.

The mandates and vaccine passports, the propaganda and the censorship have all resulted in something that's completely over the top. I think a lot more people are starting to realise that now though which is good. They wanted to brand people opposing this shit as a few stupid conspiracy theorists at first but that's really failing now, there's way more people questioning this and seeing how stupid and wrong so much of it actually is.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Four weeks ago I was being sarcastic about how it was great to see fascism alive and well in Italy with their mandate threats. After spending a fair amount of time since then reading about the pandemic response from govs and corps one of my main thoughts now is that Covid 19 isn't going to get any better by turning it into Covid 1984.

The mandates and vaccine passports, the propaganda and the censorship have all resulted in something that's completely over the top. I think a lot more people are starting to realise that now though which is good. They wanted to brand people opposing this shit as a few stupid conspiracy theorists at first but that's really failing now, there's way more people questioning this and seeing how stupid and wrong so much of it actually is.

Or, you know it could be a global pandemic which has killed far too many people and governments are trying to mitigate the best they can despite lacking previous examples to draw on all the while being tragically out of their depth and comfort zones?

Just a thought.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Are there? Or have you just fallen down the Twitter and Facebook rabbit hole?

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Or, you know it could be a global pandemic which has killed far too many people and governments are trying to mitigate the best they can despite lacking previous examples to draw on all the while being tragically out of their depth and comfort zones?

Just a thought.

I don't think so, we know the Tories have taken advantage of this and repeatedly fucked things up since this started, I think other governments have done the same too.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Are there? Or have you just fallen down the Twitter and Facebook rabbit hole?

It looks like way more people are against a lot of this now that the mandates and covid passes have started up, that'll increase as time passes I think.