You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Vaccine mandates look like they're now gradually uniting the left and right in the US, so the Trump supporting, horse paste eating redneck angle could start failing soon too.

The number of black residents in New York City who have not been vaccinated is drastically disproportionate to other racial groups. More than 70% of black people in New York City aged 18 to 44 have not gotten the injection — a statistic touted by Chivona at the Monday protest. There is a variety of reasons for the lag in shots, including religious beliefs and distrust of the government.

"It's black people who have a natural distrust of the vaccine," Newsome said. He cited the Tuskeegee Syphilis Study as an example of historic exploitation of black people by the U.S. medical community, despite the fact that vaccines are accessible to people of all racial groups.

BLMGNY is advocating for the complete abolition of vaccine requirements, not only in the city but also on a national level.

"I think, in a perfect world, [vaccine requirements] should be business by business. But it could be a slippery slope, so the mandate should be removed completely," Newsome said, adding, "It's not gonna be white men in suits on Wall Street who are gonna get stopped. There's such hypocrisy in this thing."

Black Lives Matter of Greater New York leader blasts vaccine mandates as racist and disrespectful

On 24/09/2021 at 09:43, Section_31 said:

Lad I used to work with has cystic fibrosis and type 1 diabetes and caught the vid but only had mild tiredness as he was double jabbed. He was shitting it early in the pandemic and was holed up unable to leave his flat. Anyone with doubts about the vaccine should talk to people like that.

My uncle who is currently on chemo for leukaemia (67 years old) caught covid two weeks, obviously double jabbed, just had a car mild cough, thank fuck. 

His son, my cousin, only 37, anti vaxxer caught it the same time, he was in hospital for a week and on oxygen, only discharged yesterday and told me he's absolutely bolloxed, can barely walk up the stairs. 

• Upvote 2

All covid restrictions lifted in Norway at four o clock yesterday. 

These pictures are from Stavanger where we decided to throw a party in the streets to lift the spirit of the people. 

https://www.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/i/JxBWO4/det-sydet-i-fargegata-loerdag-kveld?jwsource=cl

https://www.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/i/JxBWO4/det-sydet-i-fargegata-loerdag-kveld?jwsource=cl

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRtLxvSD/

2251EB81-1755-4482-8265-3A81015A23D2.jpeg

09943CA8-B715-476D-B457-566C96A55503.jpeg

CFE41A10-16CF-4ECD-AF92-8A10EF1CF10C.jpeg

969F1346-55C4-4D5B-B78B-8CD1F63D84A3.jpeg

361A230A-2D1A-43B4-8BF6-55CE24CA7E49.jpeg

64260E81-D135-4FE5-B44F-C8D7E0BACBE6.jpeg

D6AE8A27-2F9E-48DA-93B4-1701688CC28D.jpeg

41B303B5-5C1E-4B62-8916-6BA9F01911B9.jpeg

F273A6B1-7001-41BE-80D2-EA5157D0926C.jpeg

0C2CA53A-5E90-454C-8EF4-61B59295C254.jpeg

• Upvote 2

The anti Vax stuff has made me wonder recently whether bullying is actually an evolutionary step designed to keep weirdos in check, but which social media and the internet has completely circumvented.

Back in the day, oddballs would have their heads flushed down the toilet and this would have corrective measures or at least convince them to stow their patter. Now though, weirdness is indulged. They find internet allies and perpetuate foolishness, like a big ball of dung being pushed by beetles that eventually ends up the size of a ford fiesta.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes mate, pour yourself a Becks and wallow in glory.  

I'm not interested in glory and I have no becks but I'll admit that cracked me up for some reason.

Also : I think what's said in the tweet above that image is really important, that's the only reason I ended up even seeing that image in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Man, that kind of bullshit is the worst.  Why would anyone think that was clever or pertinent in any way whatsoever?

Worst for you and some others maybe. When you've been classed as a loon for years on end though for having a different opinion and/or can see the world turning into an authoritarian joke in the middle of a pandemic and big parts of the population don't seem to give a shit, and/or have a weird sense of humour, it can be funny.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Worst for you and some others maybe. When you've been classed as a loon for years on end though for having a different opinion and/or can see the world turning into an authoritarian joke in the middle of a pandemic and big parts of the population don't seem to give a shit, and/or have a weird sense of humour, it can be funny.

I didn't mean the "Where does it hurt" joke, that's just a bit of a crap joke, the internet has billions of them.  No harm done.  I meant that Kulvinder Kaur post.