You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Fucking Hell. Bit of a long read this. Scary.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/family-of-covid-19-patient-slam-those-who-removed-him-from-letterkenny-hospital-40866252.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding 

Stephen Maguire

The family of a Covid-19 patient who was removed from a Co Donegal hospital have slammed those who took him from the facility.

Joe McCarron was removed from Letterkenny University Hospital on Tuesday last by people who claimed he was being forced into the Intensive Care Unit.

However, he was rushed back into the hospital on Thursday morning by ambulance where doctors are now battling to keep him alive.

A spokesperson for Mr McCarron’s family have now apologised to the staff at the hospital.

The spokesperson revealed that Mr McCarron, from Dungloe, Co Donegal is on a ventilator and showing good signs of a possible recovery.

They have also slammed the actions of those who encouraged Joe to leave the hospital.

The spokesperson for the family said; “I have been asked by Una (Joe’s wife) to give you all an update on Joe.

“He’s still in ICU under the care and attention of the excellent staff at Letterkenny University Hospital.

“Joe is still in a critical but stable condition. He has serious lung damage from Covid-19 and is on a ventilator but the signs are good.

“Una would like to thank the staff and apologise for the actions of Joe’s so-called reckless friends earlier in the week.

“They did not help Joe’s recovery in any way. We would encourage everyone to follow proper medical advice.”

The spokesperson said Una would also like to thank everyone for their prayers and messages of support at this time.

The removal of Mr McCarron from the hospital was filmed and put on social media, going viral across the country and around the world.

It was carried out by people acting on behalf of the patient and claiming to act under Common Law.

In the video, Mr McCarron is seen being taken from the hospital amidst claims that he was being forced into the Intensive Care Unit by hospital staff.

Doctors plead with Joe to remain in the hospital reassuring him he is in a better place and plead with him to allow them to help him.

However, those taking him from the hospital say they are “rescuing” him and that it is better that he die at home than in the hospital.

The man, understood to be an Italian national, is heard saying; "We are saving lives and we are going to save more."

"We came to Letterkenny to rescue my friend because they were trying to kill him.

"We are walking home from the hospital and nobody is going to stop us. We are going home. We are saving the lives of the people"

The man claims he is operating under common or natural law.

The man claims they are going to get more people out of hospital claiming "they are killing people without consent."

Mr McCarron, who was accompanied by his wife, is heard explaining to doctors how he felt better on Wednesday morning but was told he must enter the Intensive Care Unit.

However, hospital staff are heard explaining to him how the Covid virus strikes in peaks and troughs.

An unidentified doctor pleads with Mr McCarron to stay in the care of the hospital.

The man, understood to be a consultant at the hospital, tells the patient that what is happening is wrong.

"It is endangering your life by doing that. You have the right to decide what you want to do.

"I don't think what he is saying is right at all. You are barely able to breathe there now. We want you to stay to help you," he says in the video. 

However, the man trying to remove the patient from the hospital interrupts and says "If you stay here they are going to f******** kill you."

The consultant again tries to plead with Mr McCarron saying; "I want to help you and I want you to stay. I think he is saying something very dangerous. What he is saying is very wrong and very dangerous and I think he is endangering your life.

"It's a very difficult decision you have. I'm not lying to you that you could die but your best chance is in the hospital and getting oxygen and getting the support we are giving to you."

The man accompanying Mr McCarron then claims the hospital staff are lying to him and says this is his last chance to get home.

The consultant then pleads with Mr McCarron’s wife to stay in the hospital.

The patient said he was told that he was improving but had to go to ICU and says; "There is mixed messages all across..."

Security at the hospital has been heightened after Gardai confirmed they were twice called to the facility in recent days following incidents involving anti-vaccine protesters.

Gardaí have confirmed they were called to two incidents following reports of disturbances at the medical facility on Tuesday, September 14 and Thursday, September 16.

There are also concerns that staff at the hospital are being harassed and abused by protesters in the grounds of the hospital including the car parks.

It is understood some staff have contacted the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO) about the incidents.

The Saolta Hospital Group, which oversees the running of Letterkenny University Hospital and other hospitals throughout the country, declined to comment on claims that staff are being harassed.

However, a Saolta spokesperson said earlier this week that they are aware of two incidents where groups have spread dis-information at its hospital sites.

The spokesperson said; "Saolta has grave concerns about the impact of this type of activity on both patients and staff.

"Patient safety and care is of paramount importance to the group. Hospitals across the region are under extreme pressure as a result of record levels of attendances of both Covid and non-Covid patients.

"The deliberate spreading of dis-information and at times defamatory comments against named staff members along with the posting of these videos on social media platforms is adding significantly to the burden already facing healthcare professionals."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Shift said:

We won’t cope when the borders open. Our hospitals are completely overrun with day to day patients and elective surgery. Waiting lists are extensive. Diabetes is rampant.

New Zealand now has the worst cost of living in the last 50 years, and we got here under Labour, then National, and now a combination of Labour and Covid. Covid is the icing on the cake. 

Now we’re being told that imported goods will be restricted, not by our leaders but because ‘it’s not worthwhile for shipping companies to ship to New Zealand’. Disaster Capitalism at work. We have low Gas reserves because Ardern was adamant that ‘no new exploratory permits would be granted’ and so Gas transporters won’t service our industry because ‘it’s no longer economically viable to deliver’

She promised an inquiry into the cost of fuel at the pump. Not only did fuel not drop, but it’s at record prices. Our only local refinery has now shut.

Hyper inflation in house prices has put so much pressure on rentals that we have

60,000 homeless. Cheap food doesn’t exist because producers make us pay export prices, and there is no supermarket competition.

I could go on. Aotearoa is in crisis. Successive governments and an elite business community have screwed everybody over. Meanwhile, a back bench MP who once earned the same salary as a policeman or nurse, now collects 3 times as much.

We’re fucked. 

I remember watching a documentary called ‘Collapse’ about 9 years ago. It painted a grim global picture even then. Nothing is happening to make me think that any ordinary person or family, has reason to be optimistic about the future.

I take my small pleasures where I can find them, under no illusion that they will continue.

That's very interesting mate. I often hear people saying they want to get away from the UK and New Zealand is always mentioned as some utopian destination. Sounds like you're as fucked as everyone else.

10 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Hormone/Vitamin D and the immune system. The evidence. Personally, I take 5,000 IUs a day, eat at least 3 free range eggs a day, as well as red salmon, and get morning sun exposure whenever possible.

image.png

I was at a communion on Saturday with lads I hadn't seen in years. I played ball with them on Sunday mornings and the copious amount of drugs they used to do on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings had to be seen to be believed. The ones that didn't play would be on the sideline absolutely off their chops. Well low and behold these lads aren't putting something into their bodies until they know the longterm affects. Great to see they have used the last 10 years to transform themselves into human temples. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Firing rubber bullets into a crowd that have gotten out of hand and are essentially spreading the virus amongst themselves which will infect others..... 

But spin it how you like. 

It's mainly construction workers protesting because they had mandatory vaccines imposed on them in order to carry on working. Then they protest and get fired on with rubber bullets.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Firing rubber bullets into a crowd that have gotten out of hand and are essentially spreading the virus amongst themselves which will infect others..... 

But spin it how you like. 

Being an ex-services chap, are you really advocating this sort of force on anyone? 

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Something ironic about people protesting for freedom against the means that are the most likely to get us our freedom back. 

Whilst increasing the spread of the very thing that’s kept the locked down 

Not that sharpest tools in the shed these anti vax mings 

Submitting to all of the draconian crap that's been offered by various governments since this pandemic started isn't freedom. We all know that governments have been in it to serve themselves and those like them since long before this pandemic started. Are we supposed to believe that coronavirus has made them change their ways?

It hasn't, and the responses from various governments around the world are authoritarian. They've made a huge mess of this since the start and they're still at it. And all of the stuff they've got in place to deal with this has handed them more control that they're probably not going to be too willing to let go of either.

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What is actually supposed to be appalling there?

All I can see is a few coppers walking about? And a bit of banging noise that could be anything.

Rubber bullets. Or according to The Guardian, rubber "pellets" : https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/21/victoria-covid-update-rubber-bullets-fired-on-second-day-of-construction-protests-which-block-freeway