You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It might help a bit. "Health Nerd" said those words in what you linked, and maybe he's right.

It doesn’t work, that’s it.  There seems to be an industry that’s sprung up creating fake studies to try and prove it does. I know you are the type of bloke to get pulled into conspiracies so why not focus on that? Why is it that all round the world there’s an effort to fraudulently claim a treatment works?  Doesn’t that strike you as strange? Who is coordinating it, who is benefitting from it?  

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It doesn’t work, that’s it.

I'll stick with thinking that maybe it has some effect that helps, like many others at least admit.

If it's such a big fraud job though I'll get back to you to let you know when this covid disinfo or whatever they call it on the NIH website has been taken down :

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34513523/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34513470/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34375047/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

And I don't think the other side of this argument are strangers to industries of fake studies either, even the editors of medical journals have called them out on this in the past :

"I think we have to call it what it is. It is the corruption of the scientific process."

There are increasing concerns these days about scientific misconduct. Hundreds of papers are being pulled from the scientific record, for falsified data, for plagiarism, and for a variety of other reasons that are often never explained.

Sometimes it's an honest mistake. But it's estimated that 70 per cent of the retractions are based on some form of scientific misconduct.

"Medicine and science are run by human beings, so there will always be crooks," Godlee says.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/bmj-fiona-godlee-science-1.3541769

“The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research,” says Arnold Relman, a Harvard professor and former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine, whose recent critique of the industry's influence in health care, published in the New Republic, won him and his co-author one of the top awards for magazine journalism in the United States. “The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it's disgraceful.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1126053/

I'll try and get used to people saying it doesn't work and stop responding, there's way more things going on than just ivermectin in this pandemic after all so it seems pointless to obsess over it.

Just found out yesterday an anti vax cousin of mine. Has been in hospital here in Dublin for the past week with covid. 

Thankfully on the mend but I just can't believe the idiocy of some people and their attitudes to this thing. They'd rather risk being sick than take a vaccine. He's not the only one that got in their family either, his wife and sister both have it and are apparently quite unwell, but no need to be hospitalised. And their dad, my uncle, who's currently getting treatment for leukaemia also tested positive, thankfully he was vaccinated and is fine, just a little cough. 

On 17/09/2021 at 23:11, Red Shift said:

I wasn't aware NZ had not been making any preparations in case of widespread Covid, and that's a mistake that with hindsight should have started 6 months ago.  But I still think the "no Covid" strategy was/is correct otherwise deaths and damage to the economy would have been far worse. What they would have been hoping for, maybe unrealistically, was a silver bullet and to buy themselves time until it arrived.  Now that's not happened, and likely will not happen, preparations surely have to begin in earnest.

Hopefully the people of NZ will not forget how bad we've had it in this country and many others because of the wrong strategy, disaster capitalism, and poor planning from day one.

8 hours ago, Moo said:

I wasn't aware NZ had not been making any preparations in case of widespread Covid, and that's a mistake that with hindsight should have started 6 months ago.  But I still think the "no Covid" strategy was/is correct otherwise deaths and damage to the economy would have been far worse. What they would have been hoping for, maybe unrealistically, was a silver bullet and to buy themselves time until it arrived.  Now that's not happened, and likely will not happen, preparations surely have to begin in earnest.

Hopefully the people of NZ will not forget how bad we've had it in this country and many others because of the wrong strategy, disaster capitalism, and poor planning from day one.

We won’t cope when the borders open. Our hospitals are completely overrun with day to day patients and elective surgery. Waiting lists are extensive. Diabetes is rampant.

New Zealand now has the worst cost of living in the last 50 years, and we got here under Labour, then National, and now a combination of Labour and Covid. Covid is the icing on the cake. 

Now we’re being told that imported goods will be restricted, not by our leaders but because ‘it’s not worthwhile for shipping companies to ship to New Zealand’. Disaster Capitalism at work. We have low Gas reserves because Ardern was adamant that ‘no new exploratory permits would be granted’ and so Gas transporters won’t service our industry because ‘it’s no longer economically viable to deliver’

She promised an inquiry into the cost of fuel at the pump. Not only did fuel not drop, but it’s at record prices. Our only local refinery has now shut.

Hyper inflation in house prices has put so much pressure on rentals that we have

60,000 homeless. Cheap food doesn’t exist because producers make us pay export prices, and there is no supermarket competition.

I could go on. Aotearoa is in crisis. Successive governments and an elite business community have screwed everybody over. Meanwhile, a back bench MP who once earned the same salary as a policeman or nurse, now collects 3 times as much.

We’re fucked. 

I remember watching a documentary called ‘Collapse’ about 9 years ago. It painted a grim global picture even then. Nothing is happening to make me think that any ordinary person or family, has reason to be optimistic about the future.

I take my small pleasures where I can find them, under no illusion that they will continue.