You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm talking about the graph that I quoted on earlier for the UK. You brought the CDC into it, but it wasn't relevant to my post. 

Screenshot_20210911-191110.jpg

Hmm, 175 people die, per 100,000 of unvaccinated over 70's? 

Right, that's 1 in 570 unvaccinated over 70 year olds will die of Covid....

Am I reading this right? 

23 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Hmm, 175 people die, per 100,000 of unvaccinated over 70's? 

Right, that's 1 in 570 unvaccinated over 70 year olds will die of Covid....

Am I reading this right? 

I don't know..you know as much as I do. It's a graph with very little context to it. I'm assuming designed to make you go "vaccines are ace". Maybe it's how my brain works, but all that graph says to me is "what aren't you telling us". 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't know..you know as much as I do. It's a graph with very little context to it. I'm assuming designed to make you go "vaccines are ace". Maybe it's how my brain works, but all that graph says to me is "what aren't you telling us". 

It's not very well explained, but if you look at the figures of cases and hospitalisations versus deaths, then it's pretty obvious that the vaccines are holding the line at the moment, given that there's pretty much no 'lockdown' restrictions in place at the moment-

Deaths-

image.png

Hospitalisations-

image.png

Cases (early on, these numbers are obviously useless as there was no mass testing regime in place, from Autumn-ish 2020, the figures are probably comparable)-

image.png

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's not very well explained, but if you look at the figures of cases and hospitalisations versus deaths, then it's pretty obvious that the vaccines are holding the line at the moment, given that there's pretty much no 'lockdown' restrictions in place at the moment-

Deaths-

image.png

Hospitalisations-

image.png

Cases (early on, these numbers are obviously useless as there was no mass testing regime in place, from Autumn-ish 2020, the figures are probably comparable)-

image.png

Maybe I'm not making my point too well. I've absolutely no doubt the vaccines are helping. But some of the data to show that needs to be more clear and the lack of clarity allows the opportunity for the data to be misused or an least distrusted. In fact I would put myself in a camp where every time I look at a graph regardless of source, i feel I need to study the narrative of the organisation or person bringing that data. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Take a look at that last graph for example. "The number of people with at least one positive Covid19 test result". So what is that telling us? As the virus rips through society, with or without the vaccine, if we stop counting number of cases at 1 per person, then we don't know the extent the virus to transmitting. I know a fair number of people who've caught this virus twice - most of those 2nd times I would say have been since the supposed "freedom day". 

I just feel there is graph after graph at the moment, that if you look at the data behind them even slightly, they bring more questions than answers.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe I'm not making my point too well. I've absolutely no doubt the vaccines are helping. But some of the data to show that needs to be more clear and the lack of clarity allows the opportunity for the data to be misused or an least distrusted. In fact I would put myself in a camp where every time I look at a graph regardless of source, i feel I need to study the narrative of the organisation or person bringing that data. It shouldn't be this difficult. 

Take a look at that last graph for example. "The number of people with at least one positive Covid19 test result". So what is that telling us? As the virus rips through society, with or without the vaccine, if we stop counting number of cases at 1 per person, then we don't know the extent the virus to transmitting. I know a fair number of people who've caught this virus twice - most of those 2nd times I would say have been since the supposed "freedom day". 

I just feel there is graph after graph at the moment, that if you look at the data behind them even slightly, they bring more questions than answers.

Oh God, yeah, the whole thing has been an exercise in obfuscation, it's infuriating at times how badly the data has been presented and disseminated. It's an unholy alliance of governments wanting to be seen to be on top of things, coupled with pharmaceutical companies not used to being analysed to this degree, fucked every which way by bad, ideological actors who've managed to leverage a public health crisis into an advantage for their own views. You can guarantee that if we hadn't have locked down and then vaccinated, the same people would have been calling for a lockdown and mass vaccination because 'they' would have been killing us all as some sort of grand plan.

It really needs someone who can not only present the data in an understandable and unimpeachable way, but who's also not tainted. A sort of David Attenborough figure- although judging by the Youtube comments on any Covid update, you could have the most trusted person going attesting to the data and vaccine efficacy and you'd still get hundreds of bellends disagreeing.

Anyway, going by the data we do have, the vaccines have been fucking brilliant. 

• Upvote 1

So, vaccine passports not to be made mandatory, and yet a promise that we will have Christmas and that lockdowns are unlikely.  

Let's get this straight.  Not only are vaccines optional, not given to the biggest cohort of spreaders, but there's no enhanced freedom for the 44,500,000 Brits that waded through petrifying disinformation to stick their necks on the block for the country, and our reward is that we get to rub shoulders at indoor venues with selfish bellends who have no regard for Covid, or personal hygiene, or other people's safety or comfort.  

Never before have so many done so much for so few. 

You bag of rancid pricks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Vaccine passports were never going to happen as not only would they be unmanageable but the massive data protection a gdpr issues they raised meant they were dead before they even became a thing. 

If these passports were just on the NHS app and shown at the door of an event how will that event be able to verify the passport they are seeing are genuine and not a screen shot? 

Also in order to verify someone's vaccine status private companies would have needed to be given access to a NHS database with peoples vaccine status and that was never going to happen as the Government knew they would be dragged through the courts over this. 

18 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Vaccine passports were never going to happen as not only would they be unmanageable but the massive data protection a gdpr issues they raised meant they were dead before they even became a thing. 

If these passports were just on the NHS app and shown at the door of an event how will that event be able to verify the passport they are seeing are genuine and not a screen shot? 

Also in order to verify someone's vaccine status private companies would have needed to be given access to a NHS database with peoples vaccine status and that was never going to happen as the Government knew they would be dragged through the courts over this. 

You can make financial transactions on your phone, buy tickets for trains buses and planes, your vaccine status is already available in paper and on your mobile through the NHS.

It's not a difficult process, people try to make it difficult because they don't want the vaccine yet still want to live carefree and pretend that anything else is an erosion of their freedom.

I think I tend to agree with this more than most things I've read recently, in that it seems almost impossible to work out a lot of what's actually going on : https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2021/09/03/i-have-not-been-silenced/

Reading the start of that it might seem like he's skeptical of the virus having even existed, but he does say at a certain point that he's seen people die from it and it freaked him out so that's clearly not the case.

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think I tend to agree with this more than most things I've read recently, in that it seems almost impossible to work out a lot of what's actually going on : https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2021/09/03/i-have-not-been-silenced/

Reading the start of that it might seem like he's skeptical of the virus having even existed, but he does say at a certain point that he's seen people die from it and it freaked him out so that's clearly not the case.

Before Covid he was denying the effect of heart/stroke reducing medicine.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Before Covid he was denying the effect of heart/stroke reducing medicine.

I've no idea about any of that, mainly though he seems to be pointing out that it's almost impossible to work out what's actually going on with several things related to this pandemic and on that I tend to agree I think.

I know that if I spent more time looking into different areas of this it could make more sense, but when so much of it has even become political and there's so much censoring going on all over the place + the media has been such a joke for years on end now, it makes it really hard to work out what's happening.

I'll never go down the route of trying to make out that covid doesn't exist, fuck that. There's no way I'd ever do that after reading what some have gone through in this thread alone. But when it comes to trying to work out exactly how many people have died, or how many are currently infected, or exactly what measures we should take, or where this thing even originated from, it's really does seem almost impossible at times.

So yeah, Malcom Kendrick, or Kenno, might be off his rocker in some areas but he definitely has some points there I think.

59 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Ok, hang garlands on their necks, but they've not ruled it out.  So where does that leave this argument? 

It's obviously all achievable, and in time it will be obvious that it was the next rational step. 

We all know vaccines aren't mandatory, and yet most of us do it.  We're then told that the minority should still be able to have their cake and eat it.  But the same was not true of Brexit, nor will it be true of Voter ID.  

At last count, 43.8m people in this country have had both jabs.  

I find it offensive to see laws ceding to the vast minority of those over 16 who continue to put their own fear above that of the collective 43.8m who ALSO had fear, bur did it anyway, and will do it again if needed.  

Those people are the draft dodgers, and we're protecting their 'rights' to watch everyone else solve this while they snipe on social media.  

Everyone I know, to a man or woman, who has baulked from being vaccinated, have got a spastic spine. 

These cunts who can't tell you what Pringles are made of are relying on quasi-racist groups on Facebook to defend their decisions.

Fuck that, just say you're too afraid.  I'll respect you more for being candid. 

Worth reading the whole thread, nothing that won't dampen suspicions that this thing isn't over yet, but good to see it spelt out logically and rationally as we are about to throw further caution to the wind...

If we continue at the same rate of deaths per day as we are now by the end of the year more will have died in 2021 than in 2020 and that really hit home how badly this shitshow is being managed.

Tomorrows press conference could be the latest in the long line of terrible mistakes.

I took a train from Chester up to Liverpool on Saturday, station was packed with people arriving for the races, already pissed at 12 noon, pretty much zero in terms of masks and distancing around the station which made me feel a little uncomfortable. A fair few masks on the train and out and about in Liverpool but it seems that generally a lot of people have decided Covid is done with. Which of course it isnt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The security aspect would not be challenging if you wanted to do it. There are loads of ways to manage via some types of blockchain technology or something similar. But you're not going to achieve it with a QR code and a phone app knocked together in 2 hours in some 12 year old kids bedroom for £1bn via a Tory donors company. 

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

I took a train from Chester up to Liverpool on Saturday, station was packed with people arriving for the races, already pissed at 12 noon, pretty much zero in terms of masks and distancing around the station which made me feel a little uncomfortable. A fair few masks on the train and out and about in Liverpool but it seems that generally a lot of people have decided Covid is done with. Which of course it isnt.

Was on a packed train down to London on Saturday and very few masks then too. I'm just in the self-reassurance stage where I'm hoping that the procedures put in place by the providers including cleaning and fresh air help. Having said that places like Euston apparently had no traces of Covid when they were tested by authorities.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-tests-at-englands-major-railway-stations-and-on-trains-reveal-no-traces-of-coronavirus-12370461

Not surprised at all if this is right. An article saying that a third of an NIH panel going against ivermectin had people that'd received funds from Merck.

CNN referring to it only as a horse dewormer should've been enough of an obvious red flag alone really.

Waiting for Pierre Kory to be discredited, and the guy that wrote the article to be discredited, and the evidence he links to being discredited, and this, and this, and this being retracted, etc, etc, etc.

Corrupt to fuck.

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Not surprised at all if this is right. An article saying that a third of an NIH panel going against ivermectin had people that'd received funds from Merck.

CNN referring to it only as a horse dewormer should've been enough of an obvious red flag alone really.

Waiting for Pierre Kory to be discredited, and the guy that wrote the article to be discredited, and the evidence he links to being discredited, and this, and this, and this being retracted, etc, etc, etc.

Corrupt to fuck.

Have you read that?