You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

And in this corner:

Wayland Bland, who was in the hospital for seven days last Fall, said he doesn't want the shot now.
"I ain't taking that shit," he told Reeve. "I don't like people trying to push a shot on me or something else because I'm just as bullheaded a fellow as you've ever seen."
When he was sick in the hospital he took steroids and other drugs like Regeneron, that helped former President Donald Trump recover from the virus. At the time, he said he would have taken anything.
But he won't take the vaccine now in part, he said, because he feels like Trump was shafted by the vaccine makers and government to lose the election.
"You shafted me out of my President. I ain't takin' your medicine," Bland said. Unaware that Trump has been vaccinated, Bland said he'll take what Trump got, but not the vaccine.
When Reeve pointed out Trump had been vaccinated, Bland said he didn't know all the facts, but "I ain't takin' it because I'm that bullheaded."

I almost find myself tipping my hat to such crass idiocy.

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, the number of people who die in the UK is around 12,000 a week.

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

Heh. Well you know what I meant. From this. 

That number is pretty close to what it had been for the last 10 years or so - strangely the last full year (2020) has changed somewhat.

That 12k a week was covered by England and Wales alone in 2020. So either no one died in Scotland or NI last year or it is a fair bit higher.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Denmark’s high vaccination rate has enabled it to become one of the first EU countries to lift all domestic restrictions, after 548 days with curbs in place to limit the spread of Covid-19,

The return to normality has been gradual, but as of Friday, the digital pass – a proof of having been vaccinated – is no longer required when entering nightclubs, making it the last virus safeguard to fall.

More than 80% of people above the age of 12 in the Scandinavian country have had the two shots, leading the Danish government to declare as of midnight it no longer considers Covid-19 a “socially critical” disease.'

https://www.theguardian.com/weather/2021/sep/10/denmark-lifts-all-covid-restrictions-as-vaccinations-top-80-per-cent

Stadium concert tomorrow with ‘The minds of 99’ and 50k in attendance. 

Ireland soon following suit also due to the high vaccination rates. Everything lifted by October 22nd except for mask wearing in hospitals/surgeries etc. 

On 09/09/2021 at 16:36, Chris said:

Was just gonna say, is this "the new normal" now? A thousand people a week curling their toes? Do we have any data on the profile of these people yet? 

I saw this on Twitter the other day, which gives a bit of a breakdown on fatalities by age group. Also shows what a tremendous job the vaccines are doing. 

62E8444E-167C-4D25-BDC4-10AF2E86FF83.jpeg

14 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I saw this on Twitter the other day, which gives a bit of a breakdown on fatalities by age group. Also shows what a tremendous job the vaccines are doing. 

62E8444E-167C-4D25-BDC4-10AF2E86FF83.jpeg

Surely that's a bit misleading there must be other categories other than double dosed and unvaccinated. There's single dosed, those who've been single or double vaccinated but their 3 weeks haven't passed etc. I get very suspicious of this sort of data, especially when it's clearly telling a partial story. 

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think once everyone who wants a vaccine has had one, whatever rates we're left with is the world we're going to have to live in. I don't see how more lockdowns or curbs are sustainable socially or economically. They made sense while trying to 'hold back the fire' while we developed countermeasures, but after that, they don't IMO. 

Totally agree, the economic devastation caused by the lockdowns will be incalculable for a generation,  no way will they add to it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

Which as we all know is merely the tip of the iceberg. As ever it’s the average man and woman who will have to pay through the arsehole to “balance the books” 

Yes, and much of that balancing is due to handing out eye watering contracts to their mates. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Surely that's a bit misleading there must be other categories other than double dosed and unvaccinated. There's single dosed, those who've been single or double vaccinated but their 3 weeks haven't passed etc. I get very suspicious of this sort of data, especially when it's clearly telling a partial story. 

What part of unvaccinated folks being far more likely to end up in hospitals and to die are you suspicious of?

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 compared to those who were fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in a new study Friday.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Which as we all know is merely the tip of the iceberg. As ever it’s the average man and woman who will have to pay through the arsehole to “balance the books” 

The “average” man and woman (“average” quite literally given the financial parameters involved) had the legal opportunity to receive 70-80% of private-industry salary funded by the government taking on unprecedented debt & essentially handing it to companies to dole out on their behalf over an 18 month period. 

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

What part of unvaccinated folks being far more likely to end up in hospitals and to die are you suspicious of?

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 compared to those who were fully vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported in a new study Friday.

I'm sure "far more likely" is correct. So let's see all the figures because clearly there are more the 2 camps. It's half data like this that fuels the conspiracy theories and anti vax nuts. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm sure "far more likely" is correct. So let's see all the figures because clearly there are more the 2 camps. It's half data like this that fuels the conspiracy theories and anti vax nuts. 

The CDC is not using half data Baz.

By two camps you mean there is a significant amount of health professionals that are saying vaccinated folks are dying at similar rates to unvaccinated?

I reread it - you're suggesting that there are enough people who either have had one shot or have not gotten through three weeks after two shots to measurably skew any data in the graph above? Grasping at straws there - which way do you think that would skew it?

Pretty sure the CDC used fully vaxxed numbers - it is something like 7500 deaths in 350 million cases I think.

EDIT - it is 7500 deaths and 375 million doses, think I read that there are 160 million fully vaxxed in US now so you can do the math:

More than 375 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 7, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,439 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The CDC is not using half data Baz.

By two camps you mean there is a significant amount of health professionals that are saying vaccinated folks are dying at similar rates to unvaccinated?

No, by 2 camps I'm saying they're showing the stats by those who have been double vaccinated and those unvaccinated. They're not showing all the stuff in between, of which there is plenty, single jabbed, jabbed of either type but not past the 3 week cut off. They're an important part of the data. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

No, by 2 camps I'm saying they're showing the stats by those who have been double vaccinated and those unvaccinated. They're not showing all the stuff in between, of which there is plenty, single jabbed, jabbed of either type but not past the 3 week cut off. They're an important part of the data. 

How do you know they are not? Have they just thrown that out you think?

For instance in the CDC I mentioned, I think now incorrectly, I said that they were using only fully vaxxed. Looking at the doses and the wording it looks to be anyone who has had any vaccination, regardless of stage.

Your assumption is that these individuals have been removed entirely - I don't think that is the case - my guess is they are part of one of the two classes. Even if they are not how are they an important part? The only way that would be is if those folks died in a very drastically different pattern to the other hundreds of millions in the data.

39 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

How do you know they are not? Have they just thrown that out you think?

For instance in the CDC I mentioned, I think now incorrectly, I said that they were using only fully vaxxed. Looking at the doses and the wording it looks to be anyone who has had any vaccination, regardless of stage.

Your assumption is that these individuals have been removed entirely - I don't think that is the case - my guess is they are part of one of the two classes. Even if they are not how are they an important part? The only way that would be is if those folks died in a very drastically different pattern to the other hundreds of millions in the data.

I'm talking about the graph that I quoted on earlier for the UK. You brought the CDC into it, but it wasn't relevant to my post. 

Screenshot_20210911-191110.jpg

Yea, I know. The posts started on the accuracy of vax vs non vax death rate.

So, in this case, you think they left out entirely two classes of patients?

Or do you think they are in one of the other sets?

Finally, do you think that fundamentally affects the accepted basic numbers of vax deaths vs non vax?