You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Correct About Adrian & Face Masks said:

No thanks - poor safety profile (see yellow card, VAERS &  vigiaccess) & failing efficacy (Israel).

My body, my choice. 

I never knew he’d moved to Israel?  

And the yellow card system is self reporting. 

I think he’s had it anyway and is top trolling 

4 hours ago, Correct About Adrian & Face Masks said:

My body, my choice. 

As opposed to the views of the anti vacc mob today, who want no informed opinions on TV for people to make that choice.  

I think we'll reach a point where Covid treatment in hospital won't be free for those who opt not to get vaccinated.  A stupidity tax. 

There seems to be a lot of collapsing going on.  And that's all from me for a while. No further replies from me, count yourself lucky if I interacted with you.  See you on the other side.  Get on that float and ride. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-58228519

A sports therapist has been praised for helping to resuscitate a linesman who collapsed during a football match.

Shannon Brooks used CPR and a defibrillator after Andrew Jarvis suffered a suspected heart attack during a match between Hallam FC and Rainworth MWFC in Mansfield.

https://www.legit.ng/1430581-panic-football-star-collapses-pitch-during-top-european-match.html

Fabrice Nsakala was unable to see out the rest of Besiktas' league meeting with Gaziantep after he collapsed on the pitch Read more

https://www.wisbechstandard.co.uk/news/walking-footballer-life-saved-by-defibrillator-8240448

A walking football manager has described the “scary” moment one of his players collapsed midway through a match. 

Paul Murray was playing for Wisbech Town’s walking football team in a friendly against South Lincs Steelers yesterday (Sunday) before collapsing on the pitch at Fountain Fresh Park. 

Bordeaux’s Nigerian winger Samuel Kalu lost consciousness during their French Ligue 1 match against Marseille.

The 23-year-old footballer suddenly collapsed on the pitch.

Kalu regained consciousness moments later, but he was subbed off immediately.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/cricket-chris-cairns-off-life-support-able-to-communicate-with-family/NTKXXS5BWCOR3HVKUAACBUCWIA/

New Zealand cricket great Chris Cairns is off life support and has been able to communicate with his family from hospital in Sydney.

The 51-year-old former Black Caps captain collapsed in Canberra two weeks ago, having suffered a massive heart attack - resulting in an aortic dissection, a tear in the inner layer of the body's main artery.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

Deaths from COVID ‘incredibly rare’ among children

Studies find that overall risk of death or severe disease from COVID-19 is very low in kids.

A comprehensive analysis of hospital admissions and reported deaths across England suggests that COVID-19 carries a lower risk of dying or requiring intensive care among children and young people than was previously thought.

In a series of preprints published on medRxiv13, a team of researchers picked through all hospital admissions and deaths reported for people younger than 18 in England. The studies found that COVID-19 caused 25 deaths in that age group between March 2020 and February 2021. About half of those deaths were in individuals with an underlying complex disability with high health-care needs, such as tube feeding or assistance with breathing.

Study findings

Some conditions — including obesity and cardiac or neurological conditions — were associated with a higher risk of death or intensive-care treatment, the researchers found. But the absolute increase in risk was very small, study author Rachel Harwood, a paediatric surgical registrar at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool, UK, told reporters at a media briefing.

18 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

It is interesting how ivermectin has become a “political” issue.

There’s loads of medicines, including other off patent ones, that have and are being used for treating COVID, but the process of hydroxychloroquine and then ivermectin to becoming cause celebre’s and Internet arguing points will be studied for a while I think.

I know folks who have used hydroxychloroquine for Lupus over long periods of time with no issues. Ivermectin is on the WHO list of safe drugs. Pharma money is suppressing the discussion. Follow the filthy lucre. 

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I keep seeing this being used as reasoning why they're definitively safe long term. Well for one thing, depending on what "experts" you're listening to or what studies one reads, these vaccines are causing issues for plenty of people in that time frame. That's not really my point though, as the two mRNA vaccines are completely novel in terms of using them for this purpose. Furthermore a successful coronavirus vaccination in general is also completely novel as they've never been able to get passed animal testing before and its possible that without the pandemic these themselves wouldn't have made it passed that point. Using past vaccines that are completely different and were used to protect against completely different viruses with completely different pathologies to try to demonstrate safety of the current vaccines for this virus makes absolutely zero sense whatsover.

It's like saying well these drugs we've always used in the past all work without issue so this brand new drug for a completely new problem should also be fine long term because the purpose of the drug is the same. There's no real logic there, it's all supposition.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

I know folks who have used hydroxychloroquine for Lupus over long periods of time with no issues. Ivermectin is on the WHO list of safe drugs. Pharma money is suppressing the discussion. Follow the filthy lucre. 

Yes, both hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin are safe.

There have been thousands of clinical trials run by hundreds of thousands of medical professionals in loads of countries around the world on Covid though.  Some of them have shown positive results, some not, and there's a whole host of confusing data out there.  Pretty much all of the trials have been done using "re-purposed" medicines that were already proven safe for humans. 

It was the quickest way to get potential treatments ready, rather than having to start all the way from scratch.  Dexamethasone for example is also off patent and widely used in treating Covid.

I do understand the mistrust of "Big Pharma" and that companies have been caught pushing out medicines they knew were harmful, and that regulators have been either asleep at the wheel, or in the industry pocket.  But I don't really want to get into the argument about how many different regulatory agencies, medical professionals and countries around the world have looked at these things.  Nor about whether governments the world over who have fucking massive incentive to provide a safe and easy medicines for treating Covid, would really be in the pocket of one pharma company over hundreds of other ones, when their whole electoral future is at stake (never mind the lives of their citizens).  You can have that argument with @Rico1304 if you like.

What I am getting at is how the specific interest in ivermectin in particular has been generated and cultivated.  

There are over 11,000 Covid Clinical trials on the international clinical trials database.  Why did ivermectin, which at this point has no proof of efficacy against the 'rona, get chosen to be the "thing"?  Why not any one of the other potential treatments?  Then how did this spread between people to then become this sort of alternative remedy of choice?

2 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I keep seeing this being used as reasoning why they're definitively safe long term. Well for one thing, depending on what "experts" you're listening to or what studies one reads, these vaccines are causing issues for plenty of people in that time frame. That's not really my point though, as the two mRNA vaccines are completely novel in terms of using them for this purpose. Furthermore a successful coronavirus vaccination in general is also completely novel as they've never been able to get passed animal testing before and its possible that without the pandemic these themselves wouldn't have made it passed that point. Using past vaccines that are completely different and were used to protect against completely different viruses with completely different pathologies to try to demonstrate safety of the current vaccines for this virus makes absolutely zero sense whatsover.

It's like saying well these drugs we've always used in the past all work without issue so this brand new drug for a completely new problem should also be fine long term because the purpose of the drug is the same. There's no real logic there, it's all supposition.

Which studies does one read to see these vaccine injuries?  Very interested to see them. 

If you don’t like the mRNA vaccine have one of the others. They’ve had billions of happy customers and are working.  

There’s no logic in any of your argument.  At all. 

Our numbers in the trust are starting to climb again after a period of stability, the Black alert call outs are happening earlier in the day as well. We have about 4 patients getting to ICU a day at the moment, almost universally they are either unvaccinated or people with significant immune compromisation (cancer patients, people with genetic conditions, people with significant renal issues). The unvaccinated bunch are the saddest of the lot as invariably most of them wouldn't have been there had they got it, in addition to that on average for each one of them taking up an ICU bed they are blocking about 10/12 heart surgeries/cancer tumour ops.

• Upvote 4

We've got lads who work for us who are willing to give up their job to avoid having the vaccine. From October 18th you need a vaccine passport to enter a CQC registered nursing home in England, so without one, you can't do your job, but they still won't have the vaccine. The power of a YouTube video is not to be underestimated.

36 minutes ago, No2 said:

What is treatment/drug is Ivervectin supposed to replace? I'm with Jose on this one, it's plain weird why this was the hill so many choose to die on. It must be Trump related mentalness.

Imagine if there were blatantly fraudulent studies into the vaccine, studies that were retracted by the author as he admitted they were skewed by fraudulent data. But these cranks just forget and move on. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, No2 said:

What is treatment/drug is Ivervectin supposed to replace? I'm with Jose on this one, it's plain weird why this was the hill so many choose to die on. It must be Trump related mentalness.

From what I can gather, it's supposed to be taken on a regular basis as a prophylactic to stop you getting infected and also as a treatment if you are infected to relieve the Covid symptoms. Rico's pointed out the problems on several occasions, but to recap- taking it regularly isn't convenient (for a starter, what dose and for how long, in perpetuity?), especially compared to a couple of jabs and maybe a booster along with your annual 'flu vaccine; also, no reputable doctor is going to prescribe you it, so people have been buying vet-grade horse paste to take, which is really stupid.

As for why people seem so set on it, there were some obviously fraudulent studies produced which seriously poisoned an initial meta-analysis of its effectivity- once those studies were removed, there was no evidence of it having any beneficial effect at all. It also looks like a big, well run trial done recently is going to come to the same conclusion.

Unfortunately, the original lie about the studies seems to have stuck and become conflated with the usual QAnon, anti-vax, conspiracy theories promoted by dickheads for ideological reasons. Fold in "big pharma" and the 'you're sheeple, do your ReSEarCH' shite and you've got a nice, juicy steaming pile that the credible will latch on to thinking they've been enlightened. Then you get specious comments about Ivermectin being safe and in the WHO's big book of essential medicines. Both true- at least it's safe under the recommended dosage, not when you're using horse paste and guessing- but it's not there because it treats Covid.

Going back to TK421's comments yesterday about vaccine safety, if we disregard all of this-

image.png

- and just take the figures at face value, then there appears to have been 9609 deaths when you search for the vaccine(s). Let's pretend that every single one of those is directly related to vaccine side effects. There's been just under 5 billion vaccinations so far according to Our World in Data, so, that works out as a 0.000192% chance of dying per injection, or about 1 in 520,000. I'll take those odds, they're over 10 times better than your odds of being killed on the roads each year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3