You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Looks like Chuck is backing away from that IG post and blaming it on his ‘team’. 

Which he is fully entitled to do. 

We don’t agree on the message taken, sound. Chuck doesn’t either, sound. Our day continues as normal. Sound.

Seen the post has gone, not seen his reasoning, but that doesn’t matter as it’s decision at the end of the day.

I was sharing what I still feel was a positive message, from someone who I respect. That was all it was. I stand by my reasons for the post. I wasn’t sharing it to say anything other than that. Not everyone has an evil conspiratorial agenda on this like you keep making out.

We can understand and disagree with each other without stooping to labelling people.

That is initially is what the point was.

16 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, that’s right, man. That’s what you gotta do. You got to tell them, just like that. 

That's all good an well but you cancel American rappers an they come an cancel you, think Biggie Smalls, Tupac etc....

'Pray for Rico'

My arms's gone numb I'm wondering why

I got the AZ jab at all
The morning colander heads clog up my timeline
And I don't agree at all
And even if I did they'd still be cunts
Put 4 million dead from covid worldwide
It reminds me, that getting the jabs not so bad
It's not so bad

9 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Since I got out of hospital I must've been in the corner shop near me a dozen times, I've probably challenged about 10 non maskers in that time.

Every one of them, every single one turns out to be asthmatic. Not a single inhaler or blue badge in sight though.

Amazing that...

Ask if you can urgently borrow their inhaler. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I got the AZ jab at all
And I don't agree at all
It's not so bad

That reads like a crap poem.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

I got the AZ jab at all
And I don't agree at all
It's not so bad

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Where's our resident poetry enthusiast when we need him

It’s better than any of mine. 

5 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Which he is fully entitled to do. 

We don’t agree on the message taken, sound. Chuck doesn’t either, sound. Our day continues as normal. Sound.

Seen the post has gone, not seen his reasoning, but that doesn’t matter as it’s decision at the end of the day.

I was sharing what I still feel was a positive message, from someone who I respect. That was all it was. I stand by my reasons for the post. I wasn’t sharing it to say anything other than that. Not everyone has an evil conspiratorial agenda on this like you keep making out.

We can understand and disagree with each other without stooping to labelling people.

That is initially is what the point was.

It was a terrible message, completely disingenuous at best and dangerous at worst. You glossed over that part. You took a couple of lines. I’m more than happy to label stupid people stupid, stupid. 

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Red Shift said:

When you say “it’s synthesised”  what is the synthetic material?

Monkey brains, microchips donated by Facebook and then exposed to 5g rayz!

(It depends on how much detail you want tbh. I obviously left several steps out of both so would depend on which stage. Been building 3d printer all day and tired. To wrap your head around it I would recommend nature or new scientist. NS is sub only but can bypass with firefox or kiwi and addon. Few bits on YouTube also, just check to see it's credible channel 1st. Sorry brain is fryed tonight...must be due to activation when I was in a 5g area earlier today...)

Edit : https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

note date deliberatly chose because published pre covid. I have only read overview and not full article that should help answer some questions, hopefully. If too involved some yt vids on rna / dna replication / amplifcation, how something like crispr-cas9 works will give you idea how to 'cut and splice'.

I got 1st vaccination in May, 2nd in June. Started getting a bit more confident this summer and spent at night at the sister in-laws last week. 

Fucking cunts (SIL and her daughter) had symptoms for the week prior but said nothing. Now I have it. Had high temp, fever, weird dreams sweats etc. but that has eased now so just left with a bad flu.

My wife is clear so I'm isolating in a room for a week and she is dropping food at the door. She is off to work then and I'm left to my own devices for 10 hours. Tuesday to today were fucking long days. Sport should make the weekend a bit easier and I'm allowed back into the wild on Tuesday. 

The mother in law who is 72 also has it because of the stupid selfish fuckers. She has underlying conditions but has similar symptoms as me thankfully. The vaccine definitely reduces the damage imo. 

SIL got tested after and was obviously positive but thinks its a load of shite and is at a party tonight. Muppets. 

I can fully understand people wanting to return to normality but if you have symptoms, get tested. It's free and takes 20 minutes. And if positive, stay the fuck away from the rest of us. Its not difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Selfish, cynical, amoral bellends.

Republican leaders fiddle while Covid burns through their own supporters

Governors of states such as Florida and Texas, where the Delta variant is surging, have made masks and vaccines a partisan issue, in a lethal mix of ignorance, irrationality and nihilism

The crowd gathered under a tent at the water’s edge, their tables decorated with the Stars and Stripes and checked tablecloths. In their midst in Austin county, Texas, last Saturday was the state’s governor, Greg Abbott, laughing with delight and playing the fiddle.

With the coronavirus roaring through the state and hospitals near breaking point, comparisons with Nero fiddling while Rome burned were irresistible, although journalist Alisha Grauso pointed out on Twitter: “Nero actually enacted sweeping relief efforts to try to quell the fire and also offer his people aid in the aftermath, particularly the lower class, so Abbott is somehow worse than a Roman emperor known today as being a psychotic tyrant.”

While Delta spreads, Republicans deflect and resort to Trump demagoguery

But Abbott, who has banned mask requirements, is far from an outlier in a Republican party which, having long sought to downplay the climate crisis, is now offering a confusing, incoherent and anti-scientific response to the biggest public health crisis for a century.

Some Republican leaders are seeking to support Joe Biden’s efforts to beat the pandemic by encouraging the public to get vaccinated as soon as possible. But others are actively trying to undermine the president’s offensive by embracing what critics regard as lethal mix of ignorance, irrationality and nihilism.

These Republicans seem intent on scoring political points by appealing to a pandemic-weary’s public yearning to get back to something like normal life. Still in thrall to former president Donald Trump, they fiercely oppose mask or vaccine mandates by invoking traditional party tenets of individual freedom, personal responsibility and resisting state interference.

But with America now averaging about 113,000 cases a day, an increase of nearly 24% from the previous week, and hospitalizations up 31% from the week before, Republicans stand accused of causing the deaths of their own voters as the highly contagious Delta variant scythes through red states where vaccination rates are low.

Elaine Kamarck, a Democrat who served in the Bill Clinton administration, said bluntly: “They’ve gone out of their minds. There’s just no other way to describe this. This is about the dumbest thing you could imagine because the only people listening to them are their voters. So this is the first time I’ve ever seen a political party advocating things that would harm their voters, maybe even kill their voters.”

Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida has banned mask mandates in schools and threatened to withhold the salaries of officials who implement them.
Governor Ron DeSantis of Florida has banned mask mandates in schools and threatened to withhold the salaries of officials who implement them. Photograph: Wilfredo Lee/AP
For six months the vaccine program was an example of American ingenuity, energy and can-do spirit, but more recently it has become yet another case study in the self-inflicted wounds of polarization, reviving a sense of anxiety, uncertainty and pessimism. In the past week Florida and Texas, states whose leaders take pride in riling the Biden administration, have accounted for nearly 40% of new hospitalizations across the country.

Abbott banned mask mandates yet pledged to bring in extra healthcare workers from out of state and ask hospitals to postpone elective surgeries. The Austin and Dallas independent school districts have said they will defy Abbott’s ban and require masks.

Ron DeSantis, the governor of Florida, has also outlawed mask requirements in the state and threatened to withhold the salaries of superintendents and county school board members who issue them for students. As infections soar among children, some of the state’s biggest school districts vowed to flout the governor’s order.

Kristi Noem, the governor of South Dakota, welcomed hundreds of thousands of people to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally where no masks or vaccines are required, while Henry McMaster, the governor of South Carolina, declared: “Mandating masks is not the answer. Personal responsibility is the answer, common sense is the answer. And we have an abundance of both in South Carolina.”

At the White House on Thursday, Biden expressed frustration with governors prolonging the pandemic. “I know there are lot of people out there trying to turn a public safety measure – that is, children wearing masks in school so they can be safe – into a political dispute,” he said. “And this isn’t about politics. This is about keeping our children safe.”

Critics say the governors have abandoned the conservative principle that decisions should be made at a local level but they have support from prominent Republican senators such as Ted Cruz of Texas and Rand Paul of Kentucky.

Paul, a licensed physician and senator for Kentucky, urged civil disobedience against coronavirus restrictions, saying in a video: “It’s time for us to resist. They can’t arrest all of us.” He has been banned from YouTube for a week over a post that questioned the efficacy of masks.
Biden’s effort is also being undercut by prominent conservative media figures including the Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham, who have challenged the safety and questioned the effectiveness of the vaccine, as well as online conspiracy theories that falsely suggest that it harms fertility, contains microchips or even creates vampires.

Democrats are dismayed by such willingness to turn even a matter of life and death into a partisan issue. They note that a minority of the population is hampering the entire nation’s recovery and needlessly endangering more lives, including children.

Bob Shrum, a Democratic strategist, said: “They share a profound irresponsibility. What they’re doing will sicken people and some people will die. In my view DeSantis and Abbott are both doing it for political purposes to satisfy the base. DeSantis, at least, is too smart to not know what he’s doing or not know what he should be doing but that’s what we’ve come to in this country.”

The resurgent pandemic has also exposed fault lines in the Trump-era Republican party, a contradiction embodied by the former president himself. He continues to trumpet his success in developing the vaccines, and quietly received one in January, yet often seems reluctant to encourage his supporters to follow suit.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader frequently at odds with Trump, has paid for ads in Kentucky urging his constituents to get vaccinated, citing his own childhood struggle with polio and the decades it took to develop a polio vaccine.

Kay Ivey, the governor of Alabama, has spoken out about her frustrations with the unvaccinated. “Folks supposed to have common sense, but it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks,” she said last month. “It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down.”

Asa Hutchinson, the governor of Arkansas, has admitted that he regretted signing a ban on mask mandates in schools and asked the state legislature to reverse the decision. “I signed it for those reasons that our cases were at a low point,” he said. “Everything has changed now. And yes, in hindsight I wish that had not become law.”

A person holds a sign to protest at Houston Methodist hospital in Baytown, Texas, against a policy that says hospital employees must get vaccinated against Covid-19 or lose their jobs.
A person holds a sign to protest at Houston Methodist hospital in Baytown, Texas, against a policy that says hospital employees must get vaccinated against Covid-19 or lose their jobs. Photograph: Yi-Chin Lee/AP
Sarah Sanders, a former White House press secretary who is running for Arkansas governor, published an opinion column about why she decided to get vaccinated, citing Trump and his family’s own shots as one reason – “If getting vaccinated was safe enough for them, I felt it was safe enough for me” – but stopped short of telling others to do likewise, advising: “Pray about it, discuss it with your family and your doctor.”

DeSantis and Abbott are both facing re-election contests in 2022, and seen as potential presidential contenders in 2024, which might help explain why their responses are targeted at the Trump base while Hutchinson and Ivey are more pragmatic. Other Republicans have an eye on next year’s congressional midterm elections, which they hope to turn into a protest vote against Biden.
Joe Walsh, a former Republican congressman turned Trump critic and radio host, said: “It’s where their voters are. I interact with the Republican base every day. They are still highly skeptical or resistant to vaccines. They’re up in arms against any sort of mask wearing and mask mandates. So I hear that every day from the base. If I’m hearing that, then you know these Republican officeholders are hearing that as well, so they’re just going to cater to that.”

Asked why voters feel this way, Walsh added: “They’re predisposed to believe a lot of this shit, but it’s also said to them every day by people like Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham and talk radio – the world I come from. Like Republican elected officials, they know where their audience is so they fuel this every day and they feed it every day. So they bounce back off of each other.

“Look, typically midterm elections are all about turnout and if Republican elected officials go squishy on masks and even vaccines people are not going to come out and vote. So they can’t do that.”

But Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee, argues that such a strategy will prove counterproductive in the long term.

“Never before in the history of our country where we’ve had to confront national crises have elected officials behaved so badly, so disingenuously and with so much disregard for the safety and security of the American people,” he said.

Steele added: “Individuals like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and others are out here selfishly proclaiming that somehow I’m more free if I don’t wear a mask. Well, that’s just bullshit and the only freedom you get from not wearing a mask is death.”

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The last four pages of this thread are embarrassing.

Chuck D.  Fucks sake. Chuck D? 

Surely Professor Griff is better qualified IF you want to take epidemiological advice from an 80's rap star? Dr Dre is probably also worth consulting. 

Otherwise, maybe more suitable for the old school rap thread. 

74435651c382f77ff46ab5e9ea18161a.320x240

“Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody, just fuck Chuck D
'Cause we need a little more empathy
'So get your shots of the Big V”

• Upvote 3

Not sure if this has been posted before, I am pretty sure it hasn’t been Chuck D approved so not sure how legit it is.

Am I allowed to share stuff from the Jerusalem Post? Not sure what and where the forum police can let me share stuff from.  

Seems Rico’s favourite drug is/was getting some more recognition in Israel. 

It is only a small study still, but it seems to be getting some more exposure in places.

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-scientist-says-covid-19-could-be-treated-for-under-1day-675612/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Be very (very far away at this stage as more research and testing is needed) if it proved that TK was right all along and Rico is proved wrong.

I’d be Kevin Keegan all over that shit. 

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, I am pretty sure it hasn’t been Chuck D approved so not sure how legit it is.

Am I allowed to share stuff from the Jerusalem Post? Not sure what and where the forum police can let me share stuff from.  

Seems Rico’s favourite drug is/was getting some more recognition in Israel. 

It is only a small study still, but it seems to be getting some more exposure in places.

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-scientist-says-covid-19-could-be-treated-for-under-1day-675612/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Be very (very far away at this stage as more research and testing is needed) if it proved that TK was right all along and Rico is proved wrong.

I’d be Kevin Keegan all over that shit. 

Christ you are stupid. 

Anyway, TK is dead.  Be hard to let him know.  

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ll speak to him via my aerial made out of tin foil and converse through the frequencies of the universe. He’ll get the good news if it’s tested properly, don’t you worry. 

So what the issue with that article?

I tell you what, you posted it. You tell me what it means.  Then tell me what I think about ivermectin.