You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

And this is exactly why the elevated preferential status associated with the so called 'covid passport' is such a total con. Those who have had double vaccinations can still catch covid and can still pass it on. The public perception, however, is that once people get both doses, is that they are immune and no threat to anyone else. They can dine indoors, attend events, travel internationally. While at the same time, those who've had covid, and the natural immunity that offers, but have not received a vaccination are treated like society outcasts, with their freedoms restricted and their rights at risk. The caveat on that is that it is also unknown how long that natural immunity lasts, so I'm not stating that is permanent, but it should be recognised as being at least as effective as a vaccine.

I'm no anti-vaxxer: there are many long established vaccines, such as MMR, malaria etc. that I would strongly urge anyone to take should they need them, as they are long proven and extremely effective. These covid vaccines, of whatever brand, just simply have not been around long enough to verify their efficacy nor determine any long term side effects. They are being used to segregate those who have and have not swallowed the propaganda and bullying by various governments that they should be taken.

EDIT: I mis-read what you said. 

Perhaps 'being made to feel like outcasts for not conforming' would have been a better way of wording it. Being denied access to full social activities, such as indoor dining, gigs and other events, international travel, etc which are all likely to eventually be accessed by the covid 'passport'. I would fear that access to other social functions and events, such as cinemas, theatres, even libraries will eventually be limited to only those who are vaccinated, but that remains to be seen. 

7 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Perhaps 'being made to feel like outcasts for not conforming' would have been a better way of wording it. Being denied access to full social activities, such as indoor dining, gigs and other events, international travel, etc which are all likely to eventually be accessed by the covid 'passport'. I would fear that access to other social functions and events, such as cinemas, theatres, even libraries will eventually be limited to only those who are vaccinated, but that remains to be seen. 

I will stand by my opinion that nobody should be forced to take a vaccine or do anything they don't want to do. That said, the vaccine is clearly working. People can and have the right to do what they want to do but if you're walking round my local shop in flip-flops without a mask and haven't had a vaccine then I have the right to think you are a selfish ignorant cunt. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Fingers crossed. Evolution sucks. 

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the vaccine has not been effective in severely reducing illness from covid and as a consequence, hospitalisations. Rather the almost god-like status afforded, when those vaccinated can still catch it and pass it on, as if they're totally free from any risk or threat. It reduces what may have been a bigger problem to a milder manageable illness in most cases. But the point stands about the unknown longer term effectiveness with regard to side effects.

I wear a mask at all times in busy shopping areas and other enclosed environments out of respect for others and the law mandating it, and don't have any problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is, in some places, when wearing a mask, with a more than the standard 2M social distance, with possibly a perspex screen in between, another person also wearing a mask (so 3 layers of masking and 2+ metres of distance) acting like a total hysterical fanny if I move an inch closer.

• Upvote 1

When the vaccine is proven to work, not make you magnetic, not kill you after 3 years and just well, save lives. What will the anti- vaxxers do then?  Just shrug and move on ?  Or realise they were fucking stupid and have missed out on 3 years?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Vaccines were quasi perfect against the Alpha variant and those before it, it was not ridiculous by authorities to point that out. There were other variants which were semi-resistant but those weren't very widespread.

Now you have a variant that is mega contagious and that the vaccines don't provide sterilizing immunity against. It wasn't "propaganda" or unfounded "God-like status" it was a change in the science. If some people don't recognize this, they simply lack intelligence or are ignoring this purposely because they have some other agenda. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Some people really need to change their thought process. Do wear a mask, sanitise your hands, keep your distance and get vaccinated to protect yourself, do it to protect others. 

I’ve made a slight edit but that’s your best ever post on the forum. 

Poster on the wall outside our local Pets at Home I noticed this weekend said something along the lines of 'We know it's not over, you know it's not over', Please continue to wear your mask and distance from others'.
All the shops I go in most people are still wearing masks and standing apart form each other. It's like folks don't actually trust this government. Can't for the life of me think why. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Had my 2nd AZ today and other than a very mild sore arm, no side affects.

A bloke from work must be volunteering and actually gave me the vaccine. 

“Oh, hello mate. You volunteering here?”

”No, just waiting for my taxi. Which arm do you want it in?”

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, belarus said:

“Oh, hello mate. You volunteering here?”

”No, just waiting for my taxi. Which arm do you want it in?”

"Why would I want a taxi in my arm?"

15 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

That seems to say because there’s no evidence it didn’t, it did. That’s, we’ll, weird.  

Digging a bit deeper this seems to be a Republican report, the Republicans who aren't currently in power, and of course wanting to be in power, and have a tendancy towards conspiratorial leanings for political gain.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Can you get side effects 2 weeks after your vaccine or is it an immediate kind of thing.

It took me minutes to connect to a printer but about a month before the messages from our Devine OverLord Emperor Gates (PBUH) started 

• Upvote 4