You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Here's his response. Turns out he's a bit naïve. That's all. I believe him. Nothing to see here.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/piers-on-a-attempted-frame-up_ZsfkQSwXZq5Z6tx.html

On another note, I've never heard of the site that's hosting his video. Looking at the trending videos, it looks like a goldmine for nutty Covid-related conspiracy theories and theorists.

15 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Here's his response. Turns out he's a bit naïve. That's all. I believe him. Nothing to see here.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/piers-on-a-attempted-frame-up_ZsfkQSwXZq5Z6tx.html

On another note, I've never heard of the site that's hosting his video. Looking at the trending videos, it looks like a goldmine for nutty Covid-related conspiracy theories and theorists.

Presumably they've ended up there after being booted off Youtube. Like the QAnon bellends gathering on Parler.

My sister has tested positive on Friday. She’s 55 years old been double jabbed and has no significant medical history so just feels like a bad cold. Interestingly she’s played it the safest out of our entire family. Has her food shopping delivered. Works from home. Observed the guidance very strictly.
I’ve been double jabbed. Work in a hospital. Take my daughter swimming. Go the gym. Go the shops etc.  Kids parties. Been on holiday.
Tested negative SO FAR throughout the whole event.
Positively cavalier (in comparison to her I must stress).
I wonder if there’s an argument to be had in people who shut themselves away are actually inadvertently making their immune systems less robust.
I only say this as it’s fucking nuts how she (to date) is the only one of our family to come down with it.
Probably just bad luck but you do wonder.

1 minute ago, Soft Joe said:

My sister has tested positive on Friday. She’s 55 years old been double jabbed and has no significant medical history so just feels like a bad cold. Interestingly she’s played it the safest out of our entire family. Has her food shopping delivered. Works from home. Observed the guidance very strictly.
I’ve been double jabbed. Work in a hospital. Take my daughter swimming. Go the gym. Go the shops etc.  Kids parties. Been on holiday.
Tested negative SO FAR throughout the whole event.
Positively cavalier (in comparison to her I must stress).
I wonder if there’s an argument to be had in people who shut themselves away are actually inadvertently making their immune systems less robust.
I only say this as it’s fucking nuts how she (to date) is the only one of our family to come down with it.
Probably just bad luck but you do wonder.

I think it depends what that "shutting yourself away" means. If you're avoiding human contact but getting as much sunshine as possible, exercising, eating well, etc, then your immune system is going to be better than someone sat in the boozer every night. 

I don’t drink. I’m quite fit and healthy since I gave up drink and drugs. I think working in a hospital I get exposed to more germs than someone working from home.
It’s more the lack of interaction and exposure to bacteria from other people and places you would usually find it. Could the lack of human contact be a factor in your immune system being slightly less effective? Despite getting outdoors and enjoying nature etc.

She is genuinely fucking baffled as to how she’s caught it. Just a random theory that I’ve been pondering. With no basis in scientific fact whatsoever!

5 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I don’t drink. I’m quite fit and healthy since I gave up drink and drugs. I think working in a hospital I get exposed to more germs than someone working from home.
It’s more the lack of interaction and exposure to bacteria from other people and places you would usually find it. Could the lack of human contact be a factor in your immune system being slightly less effective? Despite getting outdoors and enjoying nature etc.

She is genuinely fucking baffled as to how she’s caught it. Just a random theory that I’ve been pondering. With no basis in scientific fact whatsoever!

Why she is she baffled? Has she not had any human contact at all, recently?

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Have they had human contact outside of the family? Lateral flows tests are not always accurate, are they?

Her and her fella went for PCR tests on Friday after her LFT was positive.

They have had human contact  but again less than normal. He works from home. The kids broke up weeks ago so not in school now. Just having difficulty in pin pointing where she got it. There is no obvious thing she can point to.
Unlike a post further up the page for example where a load of lads go on a stag do then all come down with it. Anyway I’m not downplaying you need to be sensible. Of course you do. I try to lead as normal a life as possible for my kid more than anything. I definitely believe in the vaccines. I try and be considerate whilst out and about. Wearing masks indoors etc.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Her and her fella went for PCR tests on Friday after her LFT was positive.

They have had human contact  but again less than normal. He works from home. The kids broke up weeks ago so not in school now. Just having difficulty in pin pointing where she got it. There is no obvious thing she can point to.
Unlike a post further up the page for example where a load of lads go on a stag do then all come down with it. Anyway I’m not downplaying you need to be sensible. Of course you do. I try to lead as normal a life as possible for my kid more than anything. I definitely believe in the vaccines. I try and be considerate whilst out and about. Wearing masks indoors etc.

I hope she feels better soon, mate. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

this comment made me chuckle Rico1304:

Replying to
"This graph is such horse shit. Me, my fully vaccinated wife, and two fully vaccinated friends were infected by, wait for it... another one of our fully vaccinated friends."

And the one directly below it:

"I don't understand the difference between data and anecdotes."

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Replying to

"This graph is such horse shit. Me, my fully vaccinated wife, and two fully vaccinated friends were infected by, wait for it... another one of our fully vaccinated friends."

And this is exactly why the elevated preferential status associated with the so called 'covid passport' is such a total con. Those who have had double vaccinations can still catch covid and can still pass it on. The public perception, however, is that once people get both doses, is that they are immune and no threat to anyone else. They can dine indoors, attend events, travel internationally. While at the same time, those who've had covid, and the natural immunity that offers, but have not received a vaccination are treated like society outcasts, with their freedoms restricted and their rights at risk. The caveat on that is that it is also unknown how long that natural immunity lasts, so I'm not stating that is permanent, but it should be recognised as being at least as effective as a vaccine.

I'm no anti-vaxxer: there are many long established vaccines, such as MMR, malaria etc. that I would strongly urge anyone to take should they need them, as they are long proven and extremely effective. These covid vaccines, of whatever brand, just simply have not been around long enough to verify their efficacy nor determine any long term side effects. They are being used to segregate those who have and have not swallowed the propaganda and bullying by various governments that they should be taken.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1