You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

On 29/07/2021 at 18:50, Champ said:

I currently have a woman in one of my WhatsApp groups moaning about having to isolate after being Test and Traced after spending however long crushed up with however many others on a plane. Having I got any sympathy? None

Let me guess, everyone elses fault but her own? 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Appropriate, for all the sheep.

Put a mask on and shut the fuck up 

I was meant to go on a stag last weekend for my best mate’s dad. I ended up not going, which is fortunate for me in a way because now most of the people who went have got Covid. My mate has had two jabs but I spoke to him on FaceTime earlier and he looked rough as fuck. Said it feels like he’s freezing but as soon as he gets under a blanket it’s the opposite and he’s sweating his nads off. He’s had a few health problems in the past so I dread to think how bad it’d have been if he’d caught it before the vaccination. 

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

Apparently a couple of the women in her group are Catholic. As Champ's a hardcore Satanist, there's bound to be some friction.

I’m almost too embarrassed to say that I’m the only one whose kids went to a state school…

…I’m getting banned for this aren’t I?

43 minutes ago, Champ said:

I’m almost too embarrassed to say that I’m the only one whose kids went to a state school…

…I’m getting banned for this aren’t I?

Ugh. You're painting a very vivid picture of these harpies.

1 hour ago, Superb said:

I don't really count outside so the comment was for inside shops. 

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Wow - surprised by that

Who wears masks outside? I thought pretty much everyone doesn’t. People near you @belarus?

Or have I read that wrong and you’re surprised by the number of masks in the shop?

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Ugh. You're painting a very vivid picture of these harpies.

Another friend, with similar crossover friendships, and I have endlessly discussed the social class/wealth variations we’ve observed (generalisation disclaimer applied) in determining responses to coronavirus, from the so disenfranchised that you’ll pretty much carry on as you normally have  to the so privileged that the rules don’t really apply to you and then are completely horrified when they or coronavirus come knocking on your door

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Who wears masks outside? I thought pretty much everyone doesn’t. People near you @belarus?

Or have I read that wrong and you’re surprised by the number of masks in the shop?

Yeah, I’m surprised that 90% aren’t wearing them inside shops. I thought it was maybe a skewed stat based on the fact not many wear them outside. 

I’m Midlands based now mate and I’d say at a guess it’s about 70:30 people still wearing masks in shops

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Yeah, I’m surprised that 90% aren’t wearing them inside shops. I thought it was maybe a skewed stat based on the fact not many wear them outside. 

I’m Midlands based now mate and I’d say at a guess it’s about 70:30 people still wearing masks

The few people I saw at Sainsbury’s without masks were all in the 18-30 age bracket. 

Apparently at the Tesco in town it’s a different story and everyone is throwing caution to the wind. I have to go in there twice today so I’ll see for myself. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The few people I saw at Sainsbury’s without masks were all in the 18-30 age bracket. 

Apparently at the Tesco in town it’s a different story and everyone is throwing caution to the wind. I have to go in there twice today so I’ll see for myself. 

Yeah, it does seem to be mainly the younguns, but I’ve noticed quite a few of the indignant older gen too.

I keep hearing stuff about people not wearing masks, but then I go to the place mentioned and it seems fine. Different perceptions on things are mad

• Upvote 1

Went the pub last night, packed, not a mask in sight.  

Wee bit sheepish today, have taken a LFT, ok so far.  

Interestingly met a mate who was isolating last week because he sat next to a lad who tested positive, and shared a taxi with him, and even shared a water bottle earlier that day while golfing.  He didn't catch it though. Madness.