You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Weren't many scientists and Doctors in the UK ridiculed for pointing this out? As usual. It seems like questioning anything vaccine related is taboo these days which is a disgrace. German scientists did find the root cause for the clots but were seemingly ignored by AZ. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/german-scientists-claim-to-have-solved-covid-vaccine-blood-clot-puzzle-1.4576752

9 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Weren't many scientists and Doctors in the UK ridiculed for pointing this out? As usual. It seems like questioning anything vaccine related is taboo these days which is a disgrace. German scientists did find the root cause for the clots but were seemingly ignored by AZ. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/german-scientists-claim-to-have-solved-covid-vaccine-blood-clot-puzzle-1.4576752

I'm not sure you read that correctly- blood clot incidence is higher in unvaccinated patients who've had Covid than those who've been vaccinated. Also, the AZ and Pfizer vaccines are both about the same, which is tragic as a lot of governments cast unwarranted shade on the AZ one, leading to low take up in some countries. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm not sure you read that correctly- blood clot incidence is higher in unvaccinated patients who've had Covid than those who've been vaccinated. Also, the AZ and Pfizer vaccines are both about the same, which is tragic as a lot of governments cast unwarranted shade on the AZ one, leading to low take up in some countries. 

I have read it correctly and I wasn't talking about clots in unvaccinated patients - that is already widely known.

I've pointed out that it was known for some time that both AZ and Pfizer were equally responsible for clotting. Any talk of Pfizer causing clots was immediately shut down.  AZ got and took the grief for it. Why? Who knows, possibly due the shenanigans with the EU in relation to supply.

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I have read it correctly and I wasn't talking about clots in unvaccinated patients - that is already widely known.

I've pointed out that it was known for some time that both AZ and Pfizer were equally responsible for clotting. Any talk of Pfizer causing clots was immediately shut down.  AZ got and took the grief for it. Why? Who knows, possibly due the shenanigans with the EU in relation to supply.

No idea, I just remember there being some reports of higher incidence using the AZ vaccine. Regardless, the point is that it's safer to have the vaccine than catch the virus.

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Like who?  

And what skin do they have in the game? If governments listen to them and stop, and 100’s of thousands of people needlessly die, what are the consequences for these ‘finest minds’? 

Like who? 

7 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

How did you read all of it? Isn’t it behind a paywall?

I think the answer is that the trials have shown it doesn’t work. Whereas the trials for the vaccine show they do.  Also, giving a drug regularly, to everyone in the world seems a bit, well, mad.  It doesn’t provide a immune response, has a half life of hours and you can’t drink when using it. Also the side effects of long term use are bad. 

Anyway, who are these greatest minds you mentioned on the other page? 

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How did you read all of it? Isn’t it behind a paywall?

I think the answer is that the trials have shown it doesn’t work. Whereas the trials for the vaccine show they do.  Also, giving a drug regularly, to everyone in the world seems a bit, well, mad.  It doesn’t provide a immune response, has a half life of hours and you can’t drink when using it. Also the side effects of long term use are bad. 

Anyway, who are these greatest minds you mentioned on the other page? 

To add to that, the guy is a very right-wing climate change denier, exactly the sort of person you see shilling for Ivermectin all the time. His co-author is a consultant for pharmaceutical companies who likes a good moan about the FDA.

https://www.desmog.com/david-r-henderson/

https://charleslhooper.com

https://www.hoover.org/profiles/charles-l-hooper

https://www.hoover.org/research/ebola-scare

1625066687-795x1024.png

The Covid 19 vaccine has become so polarizing that some people in Missouri are getting inoculated in secret for fear of backlash from their friends and family who oppose vaccination said Dr. Frase, a hospitalist and chief medical information officer at Ozarks Healthcare in West Plains, Missouri.

In a hospital produced video, Frase said one pharmacist at her hospital told her "they've had several people come in to get vaccinated who have tried to sort of disguise their appearance and even went so far as to say, 'please, please, please don't let anybody know that I got this vaccine.'"

Skidders showing up for his jab.

th?id=OIP.MdLXOU9afZb56NTAtBlA1gHaHa%26p

• Upvote 1

Ivermectin is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. Why are folks trying to trash it? Vaccine fundamentalists will argue for experimental vaccine even though it's still experimental and voids your life insurance, while denigrating a proven drug as unsafe. Weird times. 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Ivermectin is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. Why are folks trying to trash it? Vaccine fundamentalists will argue for experimental vaccine even though it's still experimental and voids your life insurance, while denigrating a proven drug as unsafe. Weird times. 

You're constantly purposely trying to miss the point, aren't you?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Why would you deny any treatment that is effective for many? Is only the official vaccine allowed? 

No, but only the ones that work should be officially endorsed.  Like you are free to take a homeopathic COVID treatment, but that’s not going to get you on a plane. 

Oh and define ‘effective’? 

14 minutes ago, Iceman said:

If you think that's an answer good for you. 

There are dozens of drugs on the essential list, including paracetamol, nitrous oxide and ketamine. Just being on there doesn't indicate any efficacy against Covid.

13 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Why would you deny any treatment that is effective for many? Is only the official vaccine allowed? 

Nope, dexamethasone was shown to be very effective in severe cases after a large scale NHS study, I don't see anyone complaining about that. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any comparable studies showing Ivermectin to be effective. There are several badly flawed (if not fraudulent) ones though, along with plenty of op-ed articles or Tweets by libertarians with no medical background who seem to have a vested ideological or financial interest in promoting it.

Actually, here's a statement from Merck, the company that makes it- https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.
We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There are dozens of drugs on the essential list, including paracetamol, nitrous oxide and ketamine. Just being on there doesn't indicate any efficacy against Covid.

Nope, dexamethasone was shown to be very effective in severe cases after a large scale NHS study, I don't see anyone complaining about that. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any comparable studies showing Ivermectin to be effective. There are several badly flawed (if not fraudulent) ones though, along with plenty of op-ed articles or Tweets by libertarians with no medical background who seem to have a vested ideological or financial interest in promoting it.

Actually, here's a statement from Merck, the company that makes it- https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

But Brett Weinstein said it was ok so there! 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

But Brett Weinstein said it was ok so there! 

It looks like there is a trial going ahead now- https://www.principletrial.org/news/ivermectin-to-be-investigated-as-a-possible-treatment-for-covid-19-in-oxford2019s-principle-trial?mc_cid=a29ac0a4a7&mc_eid=a7ec954a8a

Be good if it worked as poorer countries could potentially use it until they get adequate vaccine supplies. If it's found not to work then hopefully it'll stop all this nonsense, although no doubt they'll just move on to another 'wonder drug' or back to hydroxychloroquine.

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It looks like there is a trial going ahead now- https://www.principletrial.org/news/ivermectin-to-be-investigated-as-a-possible-treatment-for-covid-19-in-oxford2019s-principle-trial?mc_cid=a29ac0a4a7&mc_eid=a7ec954a8a

Be good if it worked as poorer countries could potentially use it until they get adequate vaccine supplies. If it's found not to work then hopefully it'll stop all this nonsense, although no doubt they'll just move on to another 'wonder drug' or back to hydroxychloroquine.

It’d be great if it worked.  It will be funny to watch if it does work but the side effects are bad.  They’ll be painted right into a corner.