You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Champ said:

Not at all. Better to think that your mum’s behaviour can be explained by mental illness than having to accept that these are her own sentient views

Yeah, see where you’re coming from, but going on tv to tell the world is next level.

Do you think they will Christmas together this year?

41 minutes ago, belarus said:

Yeah, see where you’re coming from, but going on tv to tell the world is next level.

He’s probably sick of eating tofu for Christmas Dinner instead of Turkey because “the Turkey has a micro chip in it to track us honey”.

19 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’ve no idea how he ended up being interviewed or whether family members are routinely approached for their opinions but I didn’t pick up anything in what he said that he was anything other than completely at a loss to understand what she is doing 

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's interesting, as it seems we're nowhere near that here. I'm also just watching this week's John Oliver and he claimed 97% of USA hospitalisations are unvaccinated people. We're not close to that are we? Is this a reflection of the AZ vaccine v moderns and Pfizer? Maybe @thehowielama (the at not working, which probably means I don't know his name!) knows? 

Where did that number come from? I thought it was about $15 a dose depending how well your country negotiated. 

I’ve heard and read it a few times from different sources. Also heard higher figures. That’s why I said apparently as I am not as convinced it’s that high myself, but it would be no surprise if it was. 

I understand people wanting and getting this vaccine. I understand why people don’t want it at all, and those who are waiting for a longer period of time to pass before getting it. 

What I don’t get myself is the massive trust in these big pharmaceuticals when you can see how much they have had to pay out in compensation over the years. That’s enough for me to delay getting it and  till respecting others by following mask guidelines etc, as and where required. Wait to see how the vaccine works long term (more than the 12 months so far) and how the virus plays then get it. There are still figures I’d like to see around blood types, health history, sex, weight, lifestyles etc.

Suppose one of the main questions I have is that what is it that it is making it overcome a specific persons immune system in the way it has? I don’t see why the issue is with wanting to know stuff like that before getting it.

With that information we then we can look at better ways in how we can look to improve the health of the world with that information, rather than just keep allowing people to get sick and throw medicines at everyone. Work with people to improve their own health & wellbeing and that would reduce the need to have a reliance on medicines, but still have the vaccines available because they will be needed by a large percentage of the worlds population. 

Gone off track a bit there.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Weinstein isn’t claiming it to be 100%.

He’s claimed near perfect. Bit of a difference. And misleading.

The podcast with Rogan about this was very interesting. Does raise a few questions about Pharma and all of this vaccine rush out.

Especially Pfizer who are getting (apparently £3k a shot) 

This dude has managed to get a leaked copy of a Pfizer contract, detailed in the thread. Doesn't specify what jurisdiction it applies to (edit - Albania) but $12 seems to be a figure with $19 mentioned for Israel. Some of the small print is mouthwatering if you're a Pfizer/Biontech shareholder. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1419653002818990085.html

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ve heard and read it a few times from different sources. Also heard higher figures. That’s why I said apparently as I am not as convinced it’s that high myself, but it would be no surprise if it was. 

I understand people wanting and getting this vaccine. I understand why people don’t want it at all, and those who are waiting for a longer period of time to pass before getting it. 

What I don’t get myself is the massive trust in these big pharmaceuticals when you can see how much they have had to pay out in compensation over the years. That’s enough for me to delay getting it and  till respecting others by following mask guidelines etc, as and where required. Wait to see how the vaccine works long term (more than the 12 months so far) and how the virus plays then get it. There are still figures I’d like to see around blood types, health history, sex, weight, lifestyles etc.

Suppose one of the main questions I have is that what is it that it is making it overcome a specific persons immune system in the way it has? I don’t see why the issue is with wanting to know stuff like that before getting it.

With that information we then we can look at better ways in how we can look to improve the health of the world with that information, rather than just keep allowing people to get sick and throw medicines at everyone. Work with people to improve their own health & wellbeing and that would reduce the need to have a reliance on medicines, but still have the vaccines available because they will be needed by a large percentage of the worlds population. 

Gone off track a bit there.

Where would we be if everyone decided to hold off having a vaccine until seeing the bigger picture?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, A Red said:

Where would we be if everyone decided to hold off having a vaccine until seeing the bigger picture?

I think the word you are looking for is ‘dead’.  I for one think that the massive uptick in life expectancy across the world has nothing to do with vaccines and medicine.  If people had just tried harder in the Middle Ages the plague would have been nothing more than a flu.  

Fucking hell. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think the word you are looking for is ‘dead’.  I for one think that the massive uptick in life expectancy across the world has nothing to do with vaccines and medicine.  If people had just tried harder in the Middle Ages the plague would have been nothing more than a flu.  

Fucking hell. 

What relevance has the Middle Ages got to do with anything. 

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

What relevance has the Middle Ages got to do with anything. 

Well that was a time with no medicines or vaccines, and all the people had were quackery and prayer to rely on.  Didn’t work out too well for anyone really.  

It’s a testament to

how stupid we are as a species that we’ve got homeopathy and reiki accepted and vaccines considered too dangerous to uses.  Vaccines taken by hundreds of millions of people.  

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Well that was a time with no medicines or vaccines, and all the people had were quackery and prayer to rely on.  Didn’t work out too well for anyone really.  

It’s a testament to

how stupid we are as a species that we’ve got homeopathy and reiki accepted and vaccines considered too dangerous to uses.  Vaccines taken by hundreds of millions of people.  

God forbid anyone makes decision on how to live their own life.

Whats the world coming to.

And that article just stokes the ever growing fire of division in society. Be less kind? If you want to be like that, then feel free. That’s not he world I am choosing to live in.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s a testament to

Loads still survived though without the vaccines. Just like loads did last year too. Still doesn’t bring any relevance to your obtuseness.

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It’s an obtuse point.

You said we’d all be dead. During The Middle Ages loads of people survived the plague and other diseases in Europe, how else do you think you got here? 

It really was a great time to be alive. Not for long though.  

I don’t think people are getting the vaccine just for their own protection (obviously that is part of it).

Younger people are extremely unlikely to die but they are getting the vaccine in large part to help build up protection across the whole of society. Much in the same way you wear a mask to protect other people, not yourself.

If you are not taking it because you want to wait and see what happens, then you’re increasing the risk of being infected and passing it onto someone else.

At the end of the day people are entitled to do whatever they feel is right for them. Others are entitled to question those decisions too, that’s just normal.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don’t think people are getting the vaccine just for their own protection (obviously that is part of it).

Younger people are extremely unlikely to die but they are getting the vaccine in large part to help build up protection across the whole of society. Much in the same way you wear a mask to protect other people, not yourself.

If you are not taking it because you want to wait and see what happens, then you’re increasing the risk of being infected and passing it onto someone else.

At the end of the day people are entitled to do whatever they 

That’s happening anyway with the vaccine isn’t it? (not sure of scale mind)

When I asked a while back if those who are vulnerable are already vaccinated and there are another portion of society who have been vaccinated, what’s the need for everyone to be vaccinated, the response I got was “reduce hospitalisations” was a response I got. Others said it was to “protect others”, but if they are vaccinated they are already protected. So it seems everyone has got a different reason or answer to that very question. 

People go on about having a choice in life, we have one on everything we do. But when it someone takes that opportunity to choose differently, it seems that not many people want others to have a choice. This pandemic has made the human race even more selfish. On both sides. It’s an emotive situation, no doubt but just for taking your time on making a decision really does fuck some people off doesn’t it.

Sorry that I’m not fully sold on big Pharma like you Rico. There is too much history of them then ruining peoples lives and paying out vast sums of money for the damage that they have caused for me to be on board straight away. And of course there is good work, that isn’t being or has ever been dismissed by me. 12 months into a vaccine programme that the message has changed on numerous occasions on how awesome it would be (mostly that cunt in Downing St) when it’s still too early to say it’s long term success. Sorry for not being a guinea pig (effectively that’s what we potentially all are in situations like this) Some are just more willing to jump first in the queue. And that’s sound as well. 

I read something about Johnson fuming that young people weren’t taking it and he was looking at banning them to uni until they got it. That’s wrong, just like vaccine passports are wrong.

If you wanted more people to sign up to it in good faith, don’t vote Tory and put one of the biggest lying chancer and cunt mates in to power and maybe, maybe more of those people might have got on board and got vaccinated. There are multitude of reasons why people haven’t got it yet or don’t want it, that cunt government and how it has handled this fiasco is definitely part of the problem of the message. 

So, I’ll take Tory voter preaching to me about what’s right and what’s wrong for me and my family with the respect it deserves. A pinch of salt. 

10 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

That’s happening anyway with the vaccine isn’t it? (not sure of scale mind)

When I asked a while back if those who are vulnerable are already vaccinated and there are another portion of society who have been vaccinated, what’s the need for everyone to be vaccinated, the response I got was “reduce hospitalisations” was a response I got. Others said it was to “protect others”, but if they are vaccinated they are already protected. So it seems everyone has got a different reason or answer to that very question. 

People go on about having a choice in life, we have one on everything we do. But when it someone takes that opportunity to choose differently, it seems that not many people want others to have a choice. This pandemic has made the human race even more selfish. On both sides. It’s an emotive situation, no doubt but just for taking your time on making a decision really does fuck some people off doesn’t it.

Sorry that I’m not fully sold on big Pharma like you Rico. There is too much history of them then ruining peoples lives and paying out vast sums of money for the damage that they have caused for me to be on board straight away. And of course there is good work, that isn’t being or has ever been dismissed by me. 12 months into a vaccine programme that the message has changed on numerous occasions on how awesome it would be (mostly that cunt in Downing St) when it’s still too early to say it’s long term success. Sorry for not being a guinea pig (effectively that’s what we potentially all are in situations like this) Some are just more willing to jump first in the queue. And that’s sound as well. 

I read something about Johnson fuming that young people weren’t taking it and he was looking at banning them to uni until they got it. That’s wrong, just like vaccine passports are wrong.

If you wanted more people to sign up to it in good faith, don’t vote Tory and put one of the biggest lying chancer and cunt mates in to power and maybe, maybe more of those people might have got on board and got vaccinated. There are multitude of reasons why people haven’t got it yet or don’t want it, that cunt government and how it has handled this fiasco is definitely part of the problem of the message. 

So, I’ll take Tory voter preaching to me about what’s right and what’s wrong for me and my family with the respect it deserves. A pinch of salt.

Must say, except for the Tories point, what you list as reasons for hesitancy is actually an international stock list of "free thinkers" - lets wait, don't trust big Pharma because they have paid so much in compensation in the past (that's almost verbatim repetition of what you get in other countries), unclear or confusing message. Also choice, as if this isn't an epidemic.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Must say, except for the Tories point, what you list as reasons for hesitancy is actually an international stock list of "free thinkers" - lets wait, don't trust big Pharma because they have paid so much in compensation in the past (that's almost verbatim repetition of what you get in other countries), unclear or confusing message. Also choice, as if this isn't an epidemic.

It isn’t an epidemic, it’s a pandemic. 

I am taking about world wide compo, not just UK, the Tories were mentioned because they are our government. While science has produced many a great thing, it’s also caused much, much harm. 

I am not sure what you are suggesting here Sasa. I refuse to apologise for being cautious around a vaccine. I’m not saying people shouldn’t have it, I am not saying they are pointless, I haven’t been sick so why do I need a vaccine? If I had suffered with COVID, then I would probably take it. But I haven’t so don’t see the rush for me to get it. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Skids, when you’re getting stoned, can you trace all your weed back to the plant it was grown from? How do you know what’s been sprayed on it, etc? Could be any old shite but you’re inhaling it straight into your lungs for a buzz. 

Yes. Yes I can. I know exactly what goes into the feed and what gets sprayed on to it. And also how much it is cleaned prior to cutting down and getting ready to distribute to me. 

Plus you can say the same about any vegetable or fruit grown in this country.