You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

When it’s far right conspiracy maybe, when you own the site. 

I don’t think that particular clip shown was a far right conspiracy. It was pointing out that a politician had lied about an acknowledgement of an author, when he had received the book as a gift and returned a thank you letter. I’m not interested in anything about those politicians outside of that interaction because that is not what was posted. 

We can’t sit here and question the lies that Johnson is spouting on a regular basis and then when someone on the same political spectrum as you and I lies, you can’t then say “but it’s from a disputable source” so it means fuck all. That’s not how this works. 

What you appear to be advocating is silence for anything other than your (wider world) view is the right view. That’s not how much it works either. 

The answer as always is somewhere in the middle. 

Thank fuck you rarely post on the breakfast thread. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

I’ve learned a lot from this thread this morning. I’d always thought the word ‘blert’ was a term of endearment. Apparently not. 

The fuck? This could have gotten you into hot water had you come to Liverpool on a night out.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ll be honest, I’m no expert on many politicians outside  of the UK, just assumed he was the way you were quick to point out how much of shit the other fella was. 

SD likes to claim Rutte as a Liberal but he's pretty much Tory before their recent shift to the right. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The fuck? This could have gotten you into hot water had you come to Liverpool on a night out.

Hahahaha “waheyyyyy merrrttt it’s the blerts” well yeah I mean you are right but bang bang whallop

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Here's a bit more background on Forum For Democracy 

https://www.barrons.com/news/dutch-populist-backed-soros-virus-conspiracies-01606406705

Not really much of a background is it? Just an article. I’d expect more to back up your statement about that particular party (I don’t doubt they are populist party with far right tendencies) than an article with a few snippets of info. It seemed to be more a he said she said instead of any actual detailed list of what they had been up to. 

4 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’ll be honest, I’m no expert on many politicians outside  of the UK, just assumed he was the way you were quick to point out how much of shit the other fella was. 

There is a lot more context to that clip than the PM "lying".

Just now, SasaS said:

There is a lot more context to that clip than the PM "lying".

Hang on surely “lying” is pretty important ? I know the resident GB news brigade might ignore when they get pulled up on it but decent people don’t like liars. It’s fine to be wrong but lying is pretty fucking important 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

For what it’s worth @ZonkoVille77 I hope your missus is ok x

Cheers, pal. Thanks for asking.

She's thankfully no longer having nosebleeds but her headaches haven't subsided and are effecting her day-to-day life. She does suffer from B12 deficiency so doc reckons that could be depleted after the vax. Getting more B12 boosters now so hopefully that helps. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Cheers, pal. Thanks for asking.

She's thankfully no longer having nosebleeds but her headaches haven't subsided and are effecting her day-to-day life. She does suffer from B12 deficiency so doc reckons that could be depleted after the vax. Getting more B12 boosters now so hopefully that helps. 

Hope she gets better mate. Water water water 

24 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Not really much of a background is it? Just an article. I’d expect more to back up your statement about that particular party (I don’t doubt they are populist party with far right tendencies) than an article with a few snippets of info. It seemed to be more a he said she said instead of any actual detailed list of what they had been up to. 

It's a short article in English that you know a bit more about them after reading. Waste of everyone's time putting long articles in Dutch up. 

22 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Is the clip longer? 

What extra context is there? 

As I understand it:

It's not a proper question, the MP is using the floor to propagate the Great Reset conspiracy theory which the (far) (populist) right wing link to the WEF and their ideas about redefining capitalism which are also called the Great Reset, to give credence and foundation to one of the more recent tropes. He then traps the PM into saying he didn't read the book (he most likely didn't) since this is the quickest way for the PM to deflect this discussion (why should he give them the platform of national parliament to try and "normalize" the trope as part of public discourse outside of their echo chamber). Since the MP knew PM would say he didn't read it, he produces the thank you note (my guess is, probably matter of public records) which then the PM explains is what you politely say when someone sends you the book.

It is more or less irrelevant even if PM has actually read the book and lied that he didn't, because the only thing the MP wants is to give the conspiracy theory more credence, foundation, by forcing a discussion of it in the parliament.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

As I understand it:

It's not a proper question, the MP is using the floor to propagate the Great Reset conspiracy theory which the (far) (populist) right wing link to the WEF and their ideas about redefining capitalism which are also called the Great Reset, to give credence and foundation to one of the more recent tropes. He then traps the PM into saying he didn't read the book (he most likely didn't) since this is the quickest way for the PM to deflect this discussion (why should he give them the platform of national parliament to try and "normalize" the trope as part of public discourse outside of their echo chamber). Since the MP knew PM would say he didn't read it, he produces the thank you note (my guess is, probably matter of public records) which then the PM explains is what you politely say when someone sends you the book.

It is more or less irrelevant even if PM has actually read the book and lied that he didn't, because the only thing the MP wants is to give the conspiracy theory more credence, foundation, by forcing a discussion of it in the parliament.

SasaS knows

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

As I understand it:

The idea that the world’s governments are capable of plotting together to reduce the population but at the same time can be caught out by a letter confirming it was published in a book!