You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I LOVE Botox.  Here are my stand out Botox facts;

1) An amount of botulism that weighed the same as an egg would be enough to kill everyone on the planet. 

2) If you distilled all the Botox used in cosmetic treatments in one year down to its purest form it would weigh the same as a junior disprin tablet. 

353F5CA1-8775-4E31-A653-05B3BFA3BEFD.gif

10 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Brilliant. 

Ministers 'fear coronavirus could be spread by farting in a confined space'

Ministers have privately pointed to evidence that suggests Covid-19 could be spread when an infected person breaks wind in a confined space, such as a toilet, it is reported

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ministers-fear-coronavirus-could-spread-24609803.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Fuck if I'm taking a lateral flow test for that...

World beating spaffing up the wall...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/covic-pandemic-ppe-waste-government-b1889914.html

'The government is wasting vast amounts of money PPE that is still “not fit for purpose” a year and a half into the pandemic, an influential committee of MPs has warned.

Official figures show nearly 7 per cent of all items purchased by the health department have failed quality checks while ministers are spending £6.7m every week to keep it stored.

An eye-watering 2.1 billion items have already been found unsuitable for use in medical settings and 10,000 shipping containers are still to be unpacked.

The same committee also warned of “significant financial risks for decades to come”, with the estimated lifetime cost of all the government’s Covid measures reaching £372bn in May 2021.

Dame Meg Hillier, chair of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), said too much of the “eye-watering sums” of cash being spent to combat the pandemic were going to waste.

Labour called for an immediate public inquiry on the findings of the report.

In two separate reports, the committee said that a further 8.4 billion items of PPE on order from other parts of the world have still not arrived in the UK.

And it said the government did not have a credible plan for the excess PPE that was suitable for medical use, with no evidence of a robust plan for repurposing and distributing the stock properly.

Responding to the report, the government said there are “robust processes” in place to ensure taxpayer money is spent properly. It said less than 1 per cent of PPE it had ordered was unsuitable for any use at all, distinguishing between its suitability for medical use and other uses.

The CDC is recommending NOT using the PCR test because its, eh, not, eh, valid for detecting Covid 19, because it also picks up Flu. This is exactly what 'conspiracy theorists' had said all along about the PCR test. Flu may not have 'disappeared' last winter at all. The PCR test would have lumped them all  together. So does this invalidate all data gathered where PCR is the primary method used to detect Covid 19? 

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html?fbclid=IwAR2Hv-qYRFsiLyLj-uT22Z-30mqDcJIIaUJx2n0QGI6XjnpaSmCjaChjnaQ

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/in-vitro-diagnostics-euas?ACSTrackingID=USCDC_2146-DM61940&ACSTrackingLabel=Lab Alert%3A Changes to CDC RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing&deliveryName=USCDC_2146-DM61940

34 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The CDC is recommending NOT using the PCR test because its, eh, not, eh, valid for detecting Covid 19, because it also picks up Flu. This is exactly what 'conspiracy theorists' had said all along about the PCR test. Flu may not have 'disappeared' last winter at all. The PCR test would have lumped them all  together. So does this invalidate all data gathered where PCR is the primary method used to detect Covid 19? 

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html?fbclid=IwAR2Hv-qYRFsiLyLj-uT22Z-30mqDcJIIaUJx2n0QGI6XjnpaSmCjaChjnaQ

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/in-vitro-diagnostics-euas?ACSTrackingID=USCDC_2146-DM61940&ACSTrackingLabel=Lab Alert%3A Changes to CDC RT-PCR for SARS-CoV-2 Testing&deliveryName=USCDC_2146-DM61940

It may mean  that you have to take into consideration that a percentage of the registered covid cases were probably flu. I don't think that was a full on conspiracy theory, dissappearance of flu.

17 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It may mean  that you have to take into consideration that a percentage of the registered covid cases were probably flu. I don't think that was a full on conspiracy theory, dissappearance of flu.

Depending on who you talk to, it was a full on conspiracy theory. Regardless it looks like case numbers are flawed if it was unable to distinguished between Flu and Covid, unless you can argue otherwise?

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

How have you come to think it’s relevant to ask that question based on my question? 

It’s called an opposing view, nothing more. It’s not up to me to decide what should and should not be posted on here. Nor is it yours. 

If ignorant blerts are sharing far right conspiracy shite without mentioning who they actually are, I don't think it's a bad thing to point it out myself. 

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

If ignorant blerts are sharing far right conspiracy shite without mentioning who they actually are, I don't think it's a bad thing to point it out myself. 

Maybe he just didn't know it was a far-right cunt? Have you thought about that? Does benefit of doubt exist anymore or has that been shutdown too?

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Depending on who you talk to, it was a full on conspiracy theory. Regardless it looks like case numbers are flawed if it was unable to distinguished between Flu and Covid, unless you can argue otherwise?

Case numbers were always "flawed", because not only were PCR tests not full proof, the numbers were highly dependent on the extent of testing.

It depends on your definition of a conspiracy theory, for example, I've seen articles arguing that when analyzing Sweden's numbers people neglect the fact that they probably include flu deaths and that flu seasons must be factored in differently and so on, in great detail, arguing from the point of lockdown sceptisism, which is not exactly a conspiracy theory.

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

Maybe he just didn't know it was a far-right cunt? Have you thought about that? Does benefit of doubt exist anymore or has that been shutdown too?

I assumed ignorance and pointed out that it was Forum For Democracy. Apparently the message is more important than the source these days. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Case numbers were always "flawed", because not only were PCR tests not full proof, the numbers were highly dependent on the extent of testing.

It depends on your definition of a conspiracy theory, for example, I've seen articles arguing that when analyzing Sweden's numbers people neglect the fact that they probably include flu deaths and that flu seasons must be factored in differently and so on, in great detail, arguing from the point of lockdown sceptisism, which is not exactly a conspiracy theory.

Fair point RE: Sweden. Sweden didn't even use metrics the rest of the world cling to. They can't really be used for any comparisons.

Using a scientific analogy; in any closed system every input is known and every resultant is known. In the case of these PCR tests that rules them out for any basis of scientific measurement. The implications are quite large.

24 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Fair point RE: Sweden. Sweden didn't even use metrics the rest of the world cling to. They can't really be used for any comparisons.

Using a scientific analogy; in any closed system every input is known and every resultant is known. In the case of these PCR tests that rules them out for any basis of scientific measurement. The implications are quite large.

When they look at variants, they don't use PCR tests, additional testing shows which variants are dominant in the analyzed sample and presumably, what is the percentage of flu in what is thought to be covid cases. It is probably safe to assume very little in the testing done in Europe over summer.

With past flu epidemics a lot was based on assumptions and projections anyway, because most cases go undetected (same as covid in most countries until the testing capacities were extended to current levels). 

18 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Katie Hopkins, David Icke and Piers Corbyn. Sounds like a fun day out. 

That line of video is pretty much Strontz brain when he yet again get bulldozed with reality. A really sad state of affairs that we have that ilk of people claiming to be at the cutting edge of reality when they are actively haemorrhaging humanity 

50 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I don’t think Zonk is ignorant, or a blert. It’s your opinion but as I said it’s not your right to say what should or not be posted on here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Of course I can question posting far right conspiracy shite. 

You can question what you want mate but you’ll always be a junkie (and I’ll always be a sectarian prick wahey what a reply) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Of course I can question posting far right conspiracy shite. 

When it’s far right conspiracy maybe, when you own the site. 

I don’t think that particular clip shown was a far right conspiracy. It was pointing out that a politician had lied about an acknowledgement of an author, when he had received the book as a gift and returned a thank you letter. I’m not interested in anything about those politicians outside of that interaction because that is not what was posted. 

We can’t sit here and question the lies that Johnson is spouting on a regular basis and then when someone on the same political spectrum as you and I lies, you can’t then say “but it’s from a disputable source” so it means fuck all. That’s not how this works. 

What you appear to be advocating is silence for anything other than your (wider world) view is the right view. That’s not how much it works either. 

The answer as always is somewhere in the middle.