You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So where does it say the beds in ICU are taken up with these winter viruses?  Have I missed it?

And when kids do go to hospital with Covid, the fact that the beds aren’t full of other Covid kids means nothing.  They are full. 

I love how my claims always require proof where others don't. Fortunately there always is proof.

Kids aren't going to hospital with covid. Kids are going to hospital with RSV, because when we had the choice, we chose to protect people in their 80s instead.

RSV.jpg

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I love how my claims always require proof where others don't. Fortunately there always is proof.

Kids aren't going to hospital with covid. Kids are going to hospital with RSV, because when we had the choice, we chose to protect people in their 80s instead.

RSV.jpg

I always ask for proof or call bullshit.  You know this.  

And that doesn’t say what you said. Unless I missed it. 

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So where does it say the beds in ICU are taken up with these winter viruses?  Have I missed it?

And when kids do go to hospital with Covid, the fact that the beds aren’t full of other Covid kids means nothing.  They are full. 

The triage nurse told us today that they were getting bombarded with these winter viruses with kids who haven’t been exposed to them before due to being locked down most of their young lives. 

• Upvote 1

We seem to have reached a new phase in the fight where people have to get vaccinated, or a vaccinated person might get sick from the virus that they were vaccinated against because other people are not vaccinated. I think we're gonna win this thing.

Went to a garden centre today. Obviously it was mostly older people so everyone had masks on. Stopped at Sainsbury’s on the way home and almost every person that looked under 30 were demonstrating their freedom. All the checkout kids and old ladies wearing masks, now even more at risk of getting this shit at work than they were before. Marvellous. 

Isn’t this the Great Barrington experiment?  It’s ripping through us and people can’t go to work and the shelves are bare.  

Edit: except when they proposed it we didn’t have a vaccine so the deaths would be catastrophic. But only old people.  So fuck em. 

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Isn’t this the Great Barrington experiment?  It’s ripping through us and people can’t go to work and the shelves are bare.  

Edit: except when they proposed it we didn’t have a vaccine so the deaths would be catastrophic. But only old people.  So fuck em. 

This is a mental experiment that is in its infancy.  Young uns just spreading this exponentially, clapped home by Tory wankers.

God help us all. 

11 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Pub right now.  They just don't give a fuck. 

In fairness they have been on lockdown for 16 months, and they have now been given the ok to do this. Added to the rumours that we are heading back in to another lockdown at some point, this sort of behaviour was inevitable.

I'd have been exactly the same at their age. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

This is exactly what those Tory Cunts want, they want society to start blaming each other rather than pointing the finger at them. 

Said this to my 17 year old step lad and his girlfriend earlier after I picked them up from the train station. They went on a cute little day trip to Yarmouth, so mostly outdoors except for the trains, and had similar experiences to me as far as masks go. Said it was 50/50 down there. I told them that the cunt government want us all judging one another, whichever side of the mask debate you’re on and there’ll always be some dickheads causing scenes in some places over it. That’s where we are as a country. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, belarus said:

The triage nurse told us today that they were getting bombarded with these winter viruses with kids who haven’t been exposed to them before due to being locked down most of their young lives. 

Lucky this didn't happen last winter, given that the health service was swamped with Covid patients. 

18 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/health/a36936903/covid-symptoms-double-vaccinated/

The research, which has attracted hundreds of millions of self health reports from users around the country, found that the highest ranking COVID symptoms after two vaccinations were:

1. Headache
  2. Runny nose
  3. Sneezing
  4. Sore throat

The government haven’t acknowledged these new symptoms for people who’ve had two jabs, and you can’t get a PCR test unless you have the earlier symptoms of continuous cough and a high temperature/fever. So there’s probably countless people wandering round infecting people as they don’t qualify for a test. 

If these symptoms are correct it’s going to be an absolute shitshow come the autumn when our usual common cold respiratory infections run wild. Test and trace will be even more useless than it currently is.

We are clearly in the midst of a mass infection/heard immunity experiment, something they wanted to do from the start.

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The government haven’t acknowledged these new symptoms for people who’ve had two jabs, and you can’t get a PCR test unless you have the earlier symptoms of continuous cough and a high temperature/fever. So there’s probably countless people wandering round infecting people as they don’t qualify for a test. 

If these symptoms are correct it’s going to be an absolute shitshow come the autumn when our usual common cold respiratory infections run wild. Test and trace will be even more useless than it currently is.

We are clearly in the midst of a mass infection/heard immunity experiment, something they wanted to do from the start.

I keep thinking back to Sweden throughout this whole pandemic. They've clearly made a few mistakes but their total deaths rates are comparable to Ireland's who have had crazy long lockdowns and limits on civil liberties. 

I remember my grandmother telling me years ago that when any kids in the neighbourhood got chicken pox or measles their parents would drag their kids to play/hang around the infected kids so that they would catch it early in life and get the immunity response early, rather than later in life where it's most dangerous. Immunology 101. There might be some thinking along those lines for herd immunity. The big risk being that it's a novel virus with no real world data on long term effects. 

18 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yes, basically if strains are developed that the vaccines don't protect against then at the absolute best we're going to need several months (everywhere) or hard lockdowns while scientists create/alter vaccines, and then obviously we have to start again with vaccinating people. I say at best, because I'm assuming the scientists can fairly quickly find a solution. If they can't, well, it'll be much worse.

It's why just palming the problem off on to the public is so negligent of the British government. It's criminal really. And it'll affect the entire world. 

Every time it looks like there is a possible positive situation they find a way to fuck things up. Whether it's locking down too late, or coming out of lockdown too early, whatever it is they find a way of being spectacularly shit fucking cunts all in an attempt to placate their rich mates and try and find the most popular decision amongst the halfwits that vote for them. 

Are the kids really that locked down? Where I am the kids had 2 or 3 months where they were properly separated from the world, after that they slowly started mingling again, usually with one close neighbour, almost like organic bubbles built up. School was obviously affected but if anything their play has been more outside than in for obvious reasons. If you walk past any local field they are full of kids playing.

12 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, basically if strains are developed that the vaccines don't protect against then at the absolute best we're going to need several months (everywhere) or hard lockdowns while scientists create/alter vaccines, and then obviously we have to start again with vaccinating people. I say at best, because I'm assuming the scientists can fairly quickly find a solution. If they can't, well, it'll be much worse.

It's why just palming the problem off on to the public is so negligent of the British government. It's criminal really. And it'll affect the entire world. 

Every time it looks like there is a possible positive situation they find a way to fuck things up. Whether it's locking down too late, or coming out of lockdown too early, whatever it is they find a way of being spectacularly shit fucking cunts all in an attempt to placate their rich mates and try and find the most popular decision amongst the halfwits that vote for them. 

I thought this was a good analysis of this government from Jonathan Lis following that Cummings interview the other day. 

• Upvote 2

Another thing that's bugging me...

The current vaccines were created by using a synthetic copy of the spike protein, obtained from genetic sequencing of the virus provided by Shi Zhengli. This initial virus is no longer out in the wild because it has mutated so many times. So why haven't they updated the vaccines with the current spike protein's genetic fingerprints? 

17 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Another thing that's bugging me...

The current vaccines were created by using a synthetic copy of the spike protein, obtained from genetic sequencing of the virus provided by Shi Zhengli. This initial virus is no longer out in the wild because it has mutated so many times. So why haven't they updated the vaccines with the current spike protein's genetic fingerprints? 

Spike protein is pretty much the same in the new variants, innit.