You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Pidge said:

A conspiracy I'm happy to sign up to is that they are actively stoking protests, confusion and frustration to undermine the legitimate need for a public inquiry into the pandemic response.

"It's not the time" will eventually turn into "there's no public appetite for this, people just want to get back to normal".

They've already lined up their patsy and he's gone already. I think this is why Cummings is going after them. He's butter about what's happened and he's the fella who's always thought he would get his way because he knows where the bodies are buried. They fucked him, so he's not letting them off the hook with the narrative they've been spinning for 18 months and at the same time, cut of some avenues of escape. Cummings only problem is it would appear the majority of the nation are pretty good with the idea of Johnson is alright. I think the root of that is they all knew he was a cunt when they voted for him and had forgiven him before that. He's basically got a free pass. 

12 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Everyone out there protesting about bizarre stuff that varies wildly. Makes you wonder why a couple of posters on the GF have chosen this week to go to London…

Why can’t us “rational” folk organise a mass scale protest against genuine government corruption? Even just a couple of hundred thousand people marching “against knobheads” would suffice and restore a bit of faith in humanity. 

Candlelit vigils for murdered women have the police going in swinging, but there’s people on Westminster Bridge chanting about all MP’s being satanic ritual nonces and then going on their merry way. It’s mental. 

Most people don’t give a fuck. Out of those that think we do, the majority of us tut at them on the internet and stick another box set on Netflix. Next weekend they’ll probably bring Whitehall to a standstill because Chinese 5G gamma rays are harming baby dragons in Westeros, whilst we’re all self isolating and trying to find blag copies of the new Space Jam film so the kids will stop talking for an hour. 

Wouldn't bother mate.

Watch the original version (again). Jordan > James.

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

I don't get it- they're going to introduce vaccine passports from September and yet they've opened everything up already. Pointless.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/19/covid-certificates-to-be-compulsory-for-crowded-venues-in-england

The only thing I could think of was that by September, in England, schools will have gone back, with no mitigations, the weather will be cooling down, people will be spending less time outside, we’ll be heading towards seasonal infections AND WE’LL BE FUCKED

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Looks like I've got the fucking thing now. Last time I felt this shit was the swine flu in February 2011 and that was fucking shit!

At least the darts is on and I can flake out in front of it, while getting mad at these two wankers at the oche (White and Gurney). 

Look after yourselves

The UK has recored 96 further coronavirus deaths, according to the latest update to the government’s coronavirus dashboard. That is the highest daily total on this measure for almost four months (since 24 March, when 98 deaths were recorded). And the total number of deaths over the past week is up 60.6% on the total for the previous week.

There have also been 46,558 new cases. Week on week, new cases are up 40.7%.

43 minutes ago, Poster said:

The UK has recored 96 further coronavirus deaths, according to the latest update to the government’s coronavirus dashboard. That is the highest daily total on this measure for almost four months (since 24 March, when 98 deaths were recorded). And the total number of deaths over the past week is up 60.6% on the total for the previous week.

There have also been 46,558 new cases. Week on week, new cases are up 40.7%.

17052021_G_01.jpg

At least we're free... 

4 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Defo.

Had a temp of 38.4°C last night. I honestly thought I was gonna spontaneously combust haha. Thankfully the paracetamol helped bring it back.

Its handy for losing weight ! I looked like a seal for 5 days I was constantly sweating out 

6 hours ago, Champ said:

The only thing I could think of was that by September, in England, schools will have gone back, with no mitigations, the weather will be cooling down, people will be spending less time outside, we’ll be heading towards seasonal infections AND WE’LL BE FUCKED

I think it is to cajole younger people who aren't particularly interested into double jabbing , and allowing the time frame for them to do it.

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Defo.

Had a temp of 38.4°C last night. I honestly thought I was gonna spontaneously combust haha. Thankfully the paracetamol helped bring it back.

That's what scares me the most about catching it, the temperature.

I shut down with a high temperature. Dreading it.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

That's what scares me the most about catching it, the temperature.

I shut down with a high temperature. Dreading it.

Honestly mate, if you're unfortunate enough to catch it, stock up on paracetamol. It does help massively. That and ibuprofen. Strangely though, my wife hasn't been hit with a temperature at all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Preston Red said:

Honestly mate, if you're unfortunate enough to catch it, stock up on paracetamol. It does help massively. That and ibuprofen. Strangely though, my wife hasn't been hit with a temperature at all.

We got loads in just in case.

One of the girls my Mrs works with heard today her daughter and grandson have come down with it. She had contact with them on Friday, so worrying times.

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We got loads in just in case.

One of the girls my Mrs works with heard today her daughter and grandson have come down with it. She had contact with them on Friday, so worrying times.

It's frightening when it gets so close to home. My mates daughter has just tested positive today as well.

30 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Yeah my missus didn’t suffer with a bad temperature, our symptoms were completely different 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah my missus didn’t suffer with a bad temperature, our symptoms were completely different 

I find it completely bizarre how it's hitting people in different ways. I know people are generally laughed at for suggesting this thing was made in a lab but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there's some modicum of truth in it somewhere.

Surely, with the wet markets in China, bats will have been eaten for centuries so why now, in a city that has a bio-lab, this thing emerges to affect people in different ways? I'm open to all explanations of where it's come from but it seems bizarre.

• Upvote 1