You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah that’s all fair comment mate. 

Yep it's certainly a lot more factually correct (and that was a chosen subject of yours last night) than your 'even with the jab they'll probably die' nonsense you were spouting up this thread. Scaremongering cunt.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Yep it's certainly a lot more factually correct (and that was a chosen subject of yours last night) than your 'even with the jab they'll probably die' nonsense you were spouting up this thread. Scaremongering cunt.

Do you actually think that me and Dr Nowt are the same person? This is great. 

18 minutes ago, Moo said:

Wow, was he just referring to that one hospital?  Great for them and any others similar.

But Patrick Vallance has just said that 60% of those hospitalised have had both jabs, I assume that means nationally/in England.

Yeah it was just his hospital, think it was Preston. He was some kind of chest boffin.

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It’s a new game where you can accuse anyone of anything and expect to be taken seriously as an adult. Can’t believe Gnasher wanked off a horse and now dislikes me just because I wasn’t up for it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

The assumption I was referring to was only in relation to the 60% hospitalised.

I would be inclined to agree on deaths but I find the data at times hard to follow, probably deliberately so in order to obfuscate. 

A more reassuring way to look at it, is to consider the vaccines to be about 90% effective. The last time we had these sorts of case rates, we also had over a thousand people a day dying and around 40 thousand in hospital.

At the moment, the figures are about 1/10th of that, so it does look like the vaccine is holding the line. The obvious problem is that only just over 50% of the population is double-jabbed, so even with 90% of the most vulnerable 'safe', there is still going to be a substantial number that are going to be hospitalised or die if the virus is just let rip. Also, the chances of the virus mutating is increased, and if we end up with something particularly horrible that can evade the current vaccines, we could be in serious trouble.

11 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It was hardly a “big flourish over a golf venue” either. Gnasher posted some nonsense, then I made one or two comments that made him look like he was posting some nonsense. 

No I'm talking about him using that as an excuse to rally his little band of internet bully's on another thread. 

He's playing dumb but he knows why im cunting him out. He then resorted to silly personal insults. He's a cowardly cunt. 

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Probably because on average the people who’ve had both will be far more likely to be in the more vulnerable categories with greater risk factors applying to them.

Without the jabs they’d likely have died.

Scaremongering cunt.

43 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

What’s this innocuous sounding golf shit you’re now crying about like a fucking jilted wife? Are you mixing me up with a completely different poster, by any chance? I suppose it’s not hard to do when you’re drinking neat paint. 

Hahaha

9 minutes ago, Poster said:

Makes sense, they probably believe a combination of high transmission and a partially vaccinated population could provide the perfect breeding ground for vaccine-resistant variants. 

Where would they get an idea like that?

13 minutes ago, Poster said:

Makes sense, they probably believe a combination of high transmission and a partially vaccinated population could provide the perfect breeding ground for vaccine-resistant variants. 

It looks like things are starting to tick upwards over there too - although there still a few weeks our own plague island. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, so you think it was Dr Nowt that won The Masters. 

Fair enough. The smarmy cunt had enough practice during his scholarship at Harvard. 

Just been for a dip in the sea. Beautiful stuff. Tell you what though, the best bit was walking up and down the beach like Foghorn Leghorn showing all the peasants my framed Access Course certificate. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Turdseye is an anagram for deysetru.

Which in Japanese means Doctor of Nothing.......

Your Reign of terror ends here

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Turdseye is an anagram for deysetru.

Which in Japanese means Doctor of Nothing.......

Your Reign of terror ends here

Good work, Dave.

You’ve nailed Captain Nowt (or is it Dr Turdseye) good and proper here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Preston Red said:

Looks like I've got the fucking thing now. Last time I felt this shit was the swine flu in February 2011 and that was fucking shit!

At least the darts is on and I can flake out in front of it, while getting mad at these two wankers at the oche (White and Gurney). 

Hope you recover soon. Shit weather to be ill really, and stuck indoors.