You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Covid has entered our household. My missus (double jabbed) and my daughter (8) both tested positive on our way home from a week in the lakes, after one of our friends and her daughter (7) we were sharing with had tested positive Friday.

so far I was negative on PCR and again on lateral flow last night.

missus has a slight cough and grogginess, daughter nothing much.

booked a week away thinking it was already summer hols when we booked it, and my girl was upset she’d have to miss school, but we had a belting week and she loved every second. She was bloody distraught though when I told her she couldn’t go to school for the last wee of term though.

incidentally, I was on the phone to track and trace Sunday morning when the news first broke about Johnson and Sunak joining this “trial”. A nice bit of added extra to how fucking insulting their behaviour is.

Hope it stays mild for them both.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Covid has entered our household. My missus (double jabbed) and my daughter (8) both tested positive on our way home from a week in the lakes, after one of our friends and her daughter (7) we were sharing with had tested positive Friday.

so far I was negative on PCR and again on lateral flow last night.

missus has a slight cough and grogginess, daughter nothing much.

booked a week away thinking it was already summer hols when we booked it, and my girl was upset she’d have to miss school, but we had a belting week and she loved every second. She was bloody distraught though when I told her she couldn’t go to school for the last wee of term though.

incidentally, I was on the phone to track and trace Sunday morning when the news first broke about Johnson and Sunak joining this “trial”. A nice bit of added extra to how fucking insulting their behaviour is.

Hopefully they'll recover quickly. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

First day of the school holidays. 13 year old just been told to isolate for a week. Sulking like fuck, on the verge of tears, face like a smacked arse. She doesn’t look happy either. 

Test booked for half two. Whoop-de-doo. 

Fuck sake. Poor little bugger 

35 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

First day of the school holidays. 13 year old just been told to isolate for a week. Sulking like fuck, on the verge of tears, face like a smacked arse. She doesn’t look happy either. 

Test booked for half two. Whoop-de-doo. 

A stroppy teenager having to isolate for a week, in this heat, I don't envy you one bit!

Seriously though, I hope she's ok.

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I think it will be first week of September, probably the 3rd.

Funny you say that. My employers which are part of a county council, have opened up the pedestrianised Town for traffic again which reduces the distance that people can shop apart. And yet they will not fill my office back up with staff until at least September. 

Anyway, I'm still wearing my mask to protect others as cases are on a major rise down south here.

I went to Marksies in the Speke retail park over the weekend. I'd been in there for about 5 minutes when I realised that I'd forgot to put my mask on.

I couldn't really be arsed traipsing around the shops but needed to get stuff from B&Q. It was roasting and my sinuses were playing up a bit and the mask just totally skipped my mind. I was genuinely mortified that I hadn't put it on as people must've thought I was a right, selfish knobhead. 

It's good to hear anecdotal evidence today which suggests that people haven't just decided to act with reckless abandon now "Freedom Day" has arrived. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Just been into the local metropolis and co-op. Pleasantly suprised to see all the people in the shop were masked up.

Yeah not long got back from our local co-op, most wearing masks. The odd dickhead here and there. 

The ones mask-less looked awkward as fuck queuing up (avoiding eye contact…etc) as if they expected to be the majority, so maybe a one off. 

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

What? er who? I mean how? Two years? 

I had wondered how my phone signal had suddenly improved.

retired police officer Mark Sexton says if all Covid restrictions are not lifted and vaccinations are not ceased, citizens have a right to arrest ministers and MPs by force and set up common law courts.

I dare him. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

In her blag nurses uniform as well the hateful lies spreading cunt 

Imagery is everything in a propaganda war. Any message she may have thought would have gotten through to any other soft twat, is ruined by the abhorrence in the headwear of the fella next to her. And Piers Corbyn. 

Absolute gobshites.

• Upvote 1