You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak are to avoid going into self-isolation despite close contact with Sajid Javid, who has Covid, Downing Street confirmed today. The Health Secretary triggered fears of a disruptive 'pingdemic' striking at the heart of Government after reveling yesterday he has tested positive. Mr Javid had visited the Commons and Downing Street in previous days – and is understood to have held a lengthy face-to-face meeting with Boris Johnson just before his symptoms developed – sparking concerns that senior figures across Whitehall would have to be confined to home. One insider warned that 'half the Cabinet' could be in isolation by the end of the week.

But this morning No10 said Mr Johnson would take advantage of a pilot scheme not widely available to  the public to avoid going into isolation. 'The Prime Minister and Chancellor have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace as contacts of someone who has tested positive for Covid', a spokesman said. 

Meanwhile here in pleb land

5-EDDCA9-C-68-DF-4974-8066-57-EB91372-B2

Luckily the virus can distinguish between us plebs and the privileged class. 

35 minutes ago, Poster said:

Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak are to avoid going into self-isolation despite close contact with Sajid Javid, who has Covid, Downing Street confirmed today. The Health Secretary triggered fears of a disruptive 'pingdemic' striking at the heart of Government after reveling yesterday he has tested positive. Mr Javid had visited the Commons and Downing Street in previous days – and is understood to have held a lengthy face-to-face meeting with Boris Johnson just before his symptoms developed – sparking concerns that senior figures across Whitehall would have to be confined to home. One insider warned that 'half the Cabinet' could be in isolation by the end of the week.

But this morning No10 said Mr Johnson would take advantage of a pilot scheme not widely available to  the public to avoid going into isolation. 'The Prime Minister and Chancellor have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace as contacts of someone who has tested positive for Covid', a spokesman said. 

Meanwhile here in pleb land

5-EDDCA9-C-68-DF-4974-8066-57-EB91372-B2

Luckily the virus can distinguish between us plebs and the privileged class. 

What a shower of cunts.

The wife has tested positive this morning so we're now living between upstairs and downstairs. My test came back negative but I wouldn't be surprised if I develop symptoms over the coming days. Better batten down the hatches and get ready for this thing.

I've not long since been back to work after having to isolate as a close contact and now I'm in isolation again due to the wife having it. These cunts at the top can use loopholes to avoid isolating even though when Test and Trace get in touch, they tell you it's a legal obligation. Maybe if you use BUPA or other private health care providers, you don't have to isolate like the plebs at the bottom.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve been looking out of the window for the past couple of days and seen loads of people on buses not wearing masks. Selfish wankers, unless they are medically exempt.

Exactly the same. As soon as advance messages get out certain people will just adopt that behaviour straightaway.

I was speaking to a medic friend the other day… almost no-one’s health will be put at risk by wearing a face mask. For ‘medically exempt’ read  plain selfish 

34 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

What a shower of cunts.

The wife has tested positive this morning so we're now living between upstairs and downstairs. My test came back negative but I wouldn't be surprised if I develop symptoms over the coming days. Better batten down the hatches and get ready for this thing.

I've not long since been back to work after having to isolate as a close contact and now I'm in isolation again due to the wife having it. These cunts at the top can use loopholes to avoid isolating even though when Test and Trace get in touch, they tell you it's a legal obligation. Maybe if you use BUPA or other private health care providers, you don't have to isolate like the plebs at the bottom.

I recently got pinged and told to go into isolation due to being in close proximity to someone who was diagnosed with Covid. Did a bit of research and found out that there is no legal obligation to isolate if told to do so by the test and trace app. 

Pretty telling that this fact isn't known to most people, including myself until last week, despite all of this talk about a 'pingdemic'.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/more-than-500000-people-in-england-pinged-by-nhs-app-in-a-single-week

"Under the current system, anyone who is identified through the app as having been in "close contact" with an infected person is instructed to self-isolate at home for ten days. It is not a legal requirement however, to either use the app, or to self-isolate if requested to via it."

Wouldn't be surprised if Javed doesn't really have the vid, first thing he said was he was double jabbed and has mild symptoms, might be part of the narrative they'll try and build going forward. 

'yes you'll get it if you go clubbing but if you're doubled jabbed you'll get mild symptoms just like me. Two years from now you'll make assistant manager. And that's when the big bucks start rolling in.'

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve been looking out of the window for the past couple of days and seen loads of people on buses not wearing masks. Selfish wankers, unless they are medically exempt.

I feel sorry for the poor sods trying to police this. Was in a shop the other day and the young girl at the door could only have been about 19 or 20. Two burly shit tattooed cunts Liam Gallagher walk in, she timidly raises the subject of masks, and they just shout "We're exempt!" and stride past her without breaking step. She caught my eye with a look that said "I get this a lot".

Mind you, it was T K Maxx.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Champ said:

Exactly the same. As soon as advance messages get out certain people will just adopt that behaviour straightaway.

I was speaking to a medic friend the other day… almost no-one’s health will be put at risk by wearing a face mask. For ‘medically exempt’ read  plain selfish 

The original concept of the sunflower lanyards was a good thing, however, the incredibly thick and selfish sect of society has decided to jump on it to walk around without thinking of others.

The fact that you can buy them on eBay tells you all you need to know about certain people who wear them.

1. They want you to do as they say, not as they do.

= cunts

2. They think we won’t care about this.

= thick cunts

3. They immediately back pedal when they realise they misjudged the reaction to them acting like cunts

= out of touch cunts

4. They persevere with a ‘freedom’ policy, the pace of which appears contradictory to the science and data available.

= useless, arrogant cunts

5. They give not two fucks about the consequences of their actions on the ordinary man/woman in the street.

= dangerous cunts

• Upvote 3

Does anything sum up these incompetent cunts more than Johnson and Sunak refusing to self isolate, then U turning  hours later the day before ' freedom day'

I feel like we have to do something?

What other country in the world would just go along with this constant shitty behaviour?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Preston Red said:

The wife has tested positive this morning so we're now living between upstairs and downstairs.

That mezzanine floor you had put in is really paying for itself now then

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My mum and dad both have it. Have both been double vaxxed but it's hit them for 6. Dropped things off for them before and they look like bags of shite. Seems absolutely mental to end restrictions tomorrow when it's this prevalent. 

This. 

Even if the data does show that the link between  infection, hospitalisation and death has been broken (I think the evidence for that is fairly strong, if not conclusive) at this moment in time, we just don’t know enough about the long term effects to be so blasé about our approach to lifting restrictions.

My fear is that, a decade from now, there’ll be thousands of those who are teens, twenty somethings and even thirty somethings now who’s potential will have been curtailed by catching the virus in the coming months, when, for some at least, that could have been avoided. 

I’m not against some restrictions being lifted now. I understand the arguments for doing it now. It does seem completely unnecessary to do it the way our Government intents to though. 

This DR has come up with a 'Protocol' of various different vitamins, mainly revolving around Vit B3 and when to take them. He seems to he fully on the level and isn't pushing horse paste. We all need vitamins so can't see the harm in at least following some of his guidelines. 

27 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

My mum and dad both have it. Have both been double vaxxed but it's hit them for 6. Dropped things off for them before and they look like bags of shite. Seems absolutely mental to end restrictions tomorrow when it's this prevalent. 

Hope your parents get better soon. 

I agree, as we watch cases rise at such a speed its madness to just lift all restrictions in one go, a step by step approach with common sense should always have been the way. As has been previously mentioned, how do shop staff, transport workers and the like deal with people with no masks if it isn't the law. 

Johnson is just trying to take the blame off himself and on to everyone else. Remember it was businesses themselves that initially forced his hand, he wasn't going to shut football until the leagues themselves did it. He was happy to see hundreds of thousands of plebs perish until he was told the numbers would be too high for him to be re-elected. 

Of all the PMs that have been in office he surely has to have been the worst one we could have had during a pandemic. He has the backbone of a jellyfish, an utter turd of a man. I despair for this country and if I ever had the opportunity to leave I would in an instant. 

• Upvote 4