You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

30 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It has a half life of hours.  It doesn’t create an immune response so when it’s worn off you need more. Think of it like an asprin.  

Yeah as far as I can see at least some of those supporting it are saying it's supposed to be taken if you have coronavirus for a limited time, not every day because it's not trying to act like a vaccine. The study I linked also says that it can be used "alongside vaccine."

46 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't even have a clue what you're going on about. I'm not trying to shill it either because I barely even know what it is. Anyway this study says two doses, which is slightly less than "everyday, forever" :

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-208785/v1

edit : it's here too in a more complete form I think and with a different result (73% instead of 83% reduction in risk) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

and : https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0247163

Brand name ivomec can get from your local vets . 

Know a lot of people in SA with no access to vaccines have taken it with no side effects . Nor did they get covid. Might or might not work. Defo kills the covid virus in a petri dish then again so does bleach. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Boris Johnson’s plan to lift virtually all of England’s pandemic restrictions on Monday is a threat to the world and provides fertile ground for the emergence of vaccine-resistant variants, international experts say.

At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

I think you could say that about anywhere opening up. 

What vaccination % is considered safe?

I fundamentally don’t think the UK are doing enough though. We’ve been building to Monday 17 months and it’s still all very wishy washy.

Turkey still in the red so more family visits cancelled FFS.

We wonder how long before Turkey says fuck you UK, we don't want you here until you sort your own house out.

Plus, can't go home as UK doesn't recognise Sinovac as not administered by NHS.

We've had both jabs and booster here.

58 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Shit, wrong thread. I can’t even be arsed correcting it. It’s Friday afternoon. And I’ve had a trying week. I want to go home.

That’s a mad coincidence that you wrote that you posted in the wrong thread, in the wrong thread. What thread was it meant for? Have you copy and pasted this into the correct thread? I’ll meet you there

With almost 50k cases a day, what rules are there that (younger and/or unvaccinated) population through which the virus is currently burning still follows, that are being lifted on Monday? Is there a lot they will start doing that they are not already doing now?

11 minutes ago, SasaS said:

With almost 50k cases a day, what rules are there that (younger and/or unvaccinated) population through which the virus is currently burning still follows, that are being lifted on Monday? Is there a lot they will start doing that they are not already doing now?

tenor.gif

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

As if any of us know what young people get up to these days. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, belarus said:

That’s a mad coincidence that you wrote that you posted in the wrong thread, in the wrong thread. What thread was it meant for? Have you copy and pasted this into the correct thread? I’ll meet you there

I was talking about the Alastair Stewart stuff earlier.

29 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Plus, can't go home as UK doesn't recognise Sinovac as not administered by NHS.

We've had both jabs and booster here.

I've had both doses of Pfizer and it's still not recognised by the UK as they weren't both administered by the NHS.

The UK is going full cunt.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Elaborate 

People are vaccinated. It used to be about deaths, now its about cases.

Restrictions are being lifted and people are terrified of putting that step forward, even just this small sample in here are, look on twitter at the reactions.

Look at the BBC ramping up the fear, they ran a heavy piece on the HNS in the North East yesterday with lots of heavy terrifying soundbites, but the truth is, no deaths.

If the vaccine isn't the way out, what is the way out? There will always be mutations of a virus, when do we take the next steps? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Not to mention its all based on pretty shitty testing practices. We won't come out of it because lots don't want to. Ive already seen shit escalate with people over masks and working from home. Its a massive split.

Where do we draw the line? What about those with health issues? What about those struggling to be seen, those who want operations? Those that are struggling financially, those losing their homes and businesses. Its not just about Covid, its far wider than that.

The government will cave again next week they have already started changing their language about possibly needing restrictions again in the coming months if necessary.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Boris Johnson’s plan to lift virtually all of England’s pandemic restrictions on Monday is a threat to the world and provides fertile ground for the emergence of vaccine-resistant variants, international experts say.

At an emergency summit on Friday government advisers in New Zealand, Israel and Italy sounded alarm bells about Downing Street’s policy, while more than 1,200 scientists backed a letter to the Lancet journal warning that the strategy could allow vaccine-resistant variants to develop.

tenor-40.gif

Still, good news about Branson going into space.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

People are vaccinated. It used to be about deaths, now its about cases.

Restrictions are being lifted and people are terrified of putting that step forward, even just this small sample in here are, look on twitter at the reactions.

Look at the BBC ramping up the fear, they ran a heavy piece on the HNS in the North East yesterday with lots of heavy terrifying soundbites, but the truth is, no deaths.

If the vaccine isn't the way out, what is the way out? There will always be mutations of a virus, when do we take the next steps? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years?

Not to mention its all based on pretty shitty testing practices. We won't come out of it because lots don't want to. Ive already seen shit escalate with people over masks and working from home. Its a massive split.

Where do we draw the line? What about those with health issues? What about those struggling to be seen, those who want operations? Those that are struggling financially, those losing their homes and businesses. Its not just about Covid, its far wider than that.

The government will cave again next week they have already started changing their language about possibly needing restrictions again in the coming months if necessary.

As cases increase, hospital admissions increase, as they increase deaths increase. Granted the death rate post vaccine roll-out is far lower but we had over 60 yesterday that even before "freedom day". Whats wrong with small steps? Nah Boris wants the glory of "freedom day" but unfortunately it's going to bite him on his arse. 

Just now, SasaS said:

Forgot to add that's how they probably see Spanish (and most of EU) health care expertise in the UK now.

I don't think they have any opinion on the quality of health care in Europe. It's simply a mixture of being phenomenally incompetent and absolute cunts.

Shapps starting waffling on about the US having different paper certificates for each state. Europe has one for the entire continent.

21 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Just picking out one paragraph above- Anubis posted literally 20 minutes before you did about a Birmingham hospital being forced to postpone operations because it's now full of Covid patients-

Lockdown isn't causing this, the virus is.

Just now, Mudface said:

Just picking out one paragraph above- Anubis posted literally 20 minutes before you did about a Birmingham hospital being forced to postpone operations because it's now full of Covid patients-

Lockdown isn't causing this, the virus is.

Yep, so the others are just left to..what? Get on with it?

The deaths have massively dropped with COVID, so how about we start treating people who you know, need life saving surgery instead?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Can you bet on when the next lockdown will be?

I'm thinking second week of September.

Well judging by the noises made, they will lift restrictions monday with caveats, things will simmer along for a few weeks before the usual soundbites about winter kick in.

Ill go for last week of September myself.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yep, so the others are just left to..what? Get on with it?

The deaths have massively dropped with COVID, so how about we start treating people who you know, need life saving surgery instead?

They can't because the hospitals are filling up with fucking Covid patients.

• Upvote 2