You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Oh aye. Reminiscent of the days you'd go to the doctor when you were unwell and the answer would always be "you've got a virus". 

As someone who's got IBS, there is seemingly no list of symptoms that can't be included when a doctor can't be arsed. 

'my head exploded'. 

'it says here you suffer from IBS? Have you tried peppermint tea?'

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

As someone who's got IBS, there is seemingly no list of symptoms that can't be included when a doctor can't be arsed. 

'my head exploded'. 

'it says here you suffer from IBS? Have you tried peppermint tea?'

Can you have wafer thin ham?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats not good at all. 

Absolutely, we're almost at the end of isolation and thankfully our LFT's have been negative, even my daughter who was positive last week. But when we go out on Saturday we'll still be social distancing as normal, and even after the 19th the masks are staying on indoors.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Probably will be mate but worth it 

Just remember the headache being the worst I've ever had. Nurse giving the jab today said most people she'd spoken to had less severe side effects second time round. As you say though mate, doing it for a reason.

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

A fella I know has been feeling like shit lately, constantly tired and no energy, falling asleep as soon as he got home from work. He’s only mid-40s so got in touch with his GP. He was sent for tests and has now been diagnosed with long Covid. He never he’d even had Covid, so he must have been asymptomatic when he had it. He’s had both jabs as well. I wonder how many people will have a similar experience?

How do they test for that? If he’s been jabbed twice then would antibodies show in a test for them? 

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And end up paying for it 72 times? Fuck that in Norwegian 

Can't imagine anything better than a food menu in an excel spreadsheet. 

11 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Seems to be really common for people who have had Covid. One woman in the thread I've posted below.

Anecdotally there are also many people saying they only got those symptoms AFTER getting the jabs.

It's on Twitter a lot, which isn't the most reliable of sources admittedly. Who knows? The doctors certainly don't. The WHO doesn't know either. 

That’s pretty interesting.

Weve had a couple of run ins with covid and it’s 99% that we’ve had it in the house at least once, but there was an outbreak at work for us in February when the cases were going off still. I felt weird at the time, but wasn’t your normal covid symptoms, so didn’t get tested - headaches, nasal pain, tinnitus, fullness in the ear, neck pain, night sweats - I posted a bit about it in that health anxiety thread. Anyway, I went to the docs and got a good once over a couple of months after when things had sorted themselves pretty much, but not entirely, and got a clean bill. I still have eye floaters I’ve never had before and tinnitus on and off. It’s fucking weird. Oh yeah, and a cracking in my chest which I thought I’d done on the weights, but is apparently the aftermath of an infection and inflammation of the sternum, and also a long covid thing. If all that is long covid it’s a fucking mad virus like.